- Pilot Suicide: When It's The Captain Who Crashes The Plane
December 24 2013 1:51 PM
A deadly crash of a Mozambican Embraer 190 in Namibia may have been a pilot suicide. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen -- such as in these cases.
- Mikhail Kalashnikov: The Man Behind The Gun
December 23 2013 2:12 PM
The designer of the most famous firearm in history is dead at 94. In Russia, Kalashnikov was a hero, and these images definitely show it.
- How Saab Beat Boeing And Dassault For Brazil Fighter Jet Contract
December 18 2013 1:29 PM
The Gripen, manufactured by Sweden's Saab, will join the Brazilian Air Force, in a surprise victory over Boeing and Dassault.
- Dubai Air Show Day 3: Inside The Royal Brunei Boeing 787 And Emirates Airbus A380 [PHOTOS]
November 19 2013 1:36 PM
Airbus and Boeing could not take their latest products, the A350 and 777X, to Dubai. But the A380 and 787 were both there.
- Dubai Air Show Day 2: Big Airplanes Usually Don't Do This [PHOTOS]
November 18 2013 1:26 PM
At the record-breaking event, the Airbus A380, several jet fighters, and aerobatics teams finally got a chance to impress.
- Dubai Air Show Day 1: Private Jets, Machine Guns And A Sandstorm [PHOTOS]
November 17 2013 3:09 PM
Bad weather forced the cancellation of the inaugural day's flight displays, but some airplanes are impressive even parked.
- Dubai Air Show Opens With Giant Orders For Boeing 777X, Airbus A380
November 17 2013 4:12 AM
Boeing got the largest order in its history, and Airbus sold 50 of the world's biggest passenger jet.
- Dubai Air Show Begins With $25 Billion Order For Boeing 777, 787
November 17 2013 2:47 AM
Fast-growing Middle East airlines are expected to order tens of billions in new airplanes at the event.
- How Emirates Airline Became A Giant, And Why It's Here To Stay
November 15 2013 6:44 PM
Created from scratch by the Dubai government, Emirates is growing so fast competitors cry foul. They should get used to a new world order.
- Please, Do Not Urinate Everywhere: Searching For Meaning In A Whirlwind Tour Of The World
November 01 2013 1:11 PM
When you hurry around the globe in five and a half days, you find strange things -- and let go of what you thought you were looking for.
- Edward Snowden May Go Work For VKontakte, The 'Russian Facebook'
October 31 2013 1:21 PM
The wanted NSA leaker can't go work for U.S. Internet firms, but can certainly find employment at their Russian clones -- and he may just have.
- Boeing May Get Biggest Order Ever, From Emirates, For The 777-X
October 29 2013 10:45 AM
The Gulf airline isn't checking its breakneck growth, and may shock the air transport world again at next month's Dubai Airshow.
- Cardinal Shocks World By Tweeting Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day'
October 28 2013 11:39 AM
Gianfranco Ravasi, the Vatican's top culture official, was always known as open-minded. But this move goes beyond anything he's done so far.
- Day 6 - Around The World In Six Days: A Mad Voyage Chasing An Old Airplane
October 17 2013 3:41 PM
As flight JL6 from Tokyo approaches New York, our world news editor is on schedule: around the world in under six days.
- Flying The Boeing 787: What Is The Dreamliner Like?
October 15 2013 11:20 AM
For all its electrical problems, the 787 offers passengers perks they can't find anywhere else. This is what flying it on Aeromexico feels like.
- Think The Shutdown Is Puzzling? Wait Till You See What Mexican Media Says
October 11 2013 8:57 AM
Mexico stands to lose a lot if its northern neighbor can't fix the shutdown and default crisis, and its opinion makers are not mincing words.
- After 34 Years, Rouhani Wants Direct Flights From Iran To US
September 30 2013 4:11 PM
The new president is mulling something the Iranians haven't done since the 1979 revolution. But they may have to use old planes to do it.
- Obama Describes Possible 'Different Relationship' With Iran
September 24 2013 11:01 AM
At the U.N. General Assembly, the U.S. president prepares the ground for what looks like a warming of relations with Tehran.
- See Anything Wrong With This F-16?
September 23 2013 4:50 PM
There are thousands of F-16 fighter jets in service all around the world. But usually they don't do what this one, modified by Boeing, just did.
- Walt’s Family Ties: A ‘Breaking Bad’ Prediction
September 20 2013 1:49 PM
Blood. Drugs. Ferocious neo-Nazis. Eighty million dollars in cash. And just two episodes to go.