Articles by Alberto Riva
- Berlusconi Surges, Setting Up Impasse
February 25 2013 12:57 PM
Early reports of a center-left victory in Italy were upended when it became clear there will be no majority in the Senate.
- Center-Left Wins In Italy, But Berlusconi Alive And Well
February 25 2013 9:30 AM
Exit polls: Pier Luigi Bersani's Democratic Party has enough seats to form a government, even without a Mario Monti coalition.
- Pope Benedict XVI Will Reportedly Get 2,500-Euro Monthly Pension
February 18 2013 11:52 AM
How much money does an ex-pope make? There is no historical precedent, but Italian press reports suggested a figure.
- Christopher Dorner, The Unlikely Gun Control Advocate
February 13 2013 2:11 PM
The Southern California ex-policeman killer wanted to ban, well, guns -- and found strong, if not exactly sane, words to say it.
- The Pope's Statement: A Model Of Clarity, In Latin
February 11 2013 1:01 PM
There aren't many world leaders who speak Latin. And not many journalists who understand it enough to break the news the pope is stepping down.
- Another Berlusconi Whopper: Balotelli Is 'Our Family's Little Negro' [VIDEO]
February 05 2013 1:14 PM
Even in Italy, where public discourse on race does not sound like America’s, Paolo Berlusconi’s words sounded like the insult they are
- The Extraordinary Alps As You've Never Seen Them
February 02 2013 3:43 PM
Flying these days is boring. But if you request a right-side window seat on a flight out of Milan's Malpensa airport on a sunny day, that is not what you will think.
- 'Making Photocopies Is Hard,’ Says Silvio Berlusconi’s Niece
January 31 2013 1:42 PM
The niece of Italy's erstwhile, and possibly future, prime minister shares at least one trait with her uncle: a penchant for spectacular gaffes on national tv.
- Syrians Get Democracy, In Turkish Camps
January 24 2013 2:03 PM
Thanks to an election, refugees from the Syrian civil war get a taste of living in a free country. But their woes are far from over.
- Inauguration Day 2013: Photos From The Mall
January 21 2013 3:33 PM
As Barack Obama was sworn in for his second presidential term, hundreds of thousands flocked to the National Mall to witness the day.
- American Airlines' New Logo: The 'Silverbird' Legacy
January 17 2013 2:31 PM
American Airlines unveils a new logo and colors, to mixed reviews. Here's what the classic "Silverbird" looked like.
- Inside An All Nippon Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner
January 16 2013 11:55 AM
All Nippon Airways, the biggest Boeing 787 operator, grounded all 787s after an emergency landing. Here's a cockpit-to-tail look at the jet.
- PR Disaster For Boeing As Japan Grounds All Its 787 Dreamliners
January 15 2013 10:47 PM
Japanese airlines have grounded all their new Dreamliners after an emergency landing Wednesday. Nobody was hurt, but Boeing's image is.
- Where Is Costa Concordia? Still There, And Not Going Anywhere Anytime Soon
January 11 2013 4:59 PM
A year later, the ship remains in the shallows off Giglio Island, its captain is talking about Osama bin Laden and its helmsman has vanished.
- Another School Shooting, Just As Biden Meets NRA
January 10 2013 1:28 PM
In the grimmest of coincidences, the latest school shooting happened on the day of a meeting at the White House on gun violence prevention.
- Boeing's 787 Dreamliner Has Another Fire-Related Incident
January 07 2013 2:56 PM
The revolutionary jetliner has been in service for more than a year with a sterling record but now faces a problem: the risk of onboard fires.
- 737 MAX Boosts Boeing In Battle With Airbus
January 02 2013 1:04 PM
The Airbus A320 is selling the fastest, but the Boeing 737 is still the world's best-seller. Here are some rivalry statistics.
- What World's Papers Are Saying About The Connecticut Shooting
December 14 2012 4:38 PM
The Sandy Hook massacre instantly made headlines around the world. Here is a selection of front pages from the Web.
- First In America - American Airlines Gets The Boeing 777-300ER
December 11 2012 3:51 PM
As it prepares to exit bankruptcy and fights off advances by US Airways, American Airlines adds a big, new 300-seater jet to its fleet.
- 'Return Of The Mummy' - Berlusconi Appalls Europe, Again
December 10 2012 3:02 PM
Europe's media reacted with horror to the ex-PM's possible return, and not just because of the bunga-bunga parties and economic disaster.