- Sequester Grounds US Air Force Jets Amid North Korea Crisis [PHOTOS]
April 09 2013 12:20 PM
The U.S. Air Force is cutting flying hours to comply with budget cuts, and must leave a lot of its fighters and bombers on the ground.
- Watch US Navy Ship Use Laser To Shoot Down Drone
April 08 2013 3:46 PM
For now, it's just a successful test, but laser weapons aboard U.S. Navy ships work. And they're going to the Persian Gulf next.
- Where Caesar Was Killed, Cute Cats Roam [PHOTOS]
March 15 2013 12:14 PM
Beware the Ides of March? Sure. But first look at the adorable felines roaming the place where Caesar was stabbed to death.
- Pope Francis Rides A Volkswagen On His First Day
March 14 2013 2:21 PM
Jorge Mario Bergoglio may be a clean break as Pope Francis from his predecessor, Joseph Ratzinger, but he kept something German: the car.
- Election Of First Jesuit Pope Shatters Centuries Of Mistrust
March 13 2013 5:19 PM
The Jesuits are known as the church’s smartest order, as well as the largest. But a sinister fame has kept them from the papacy –- until now.
- Chavez Makes The World's Newspaper Home Pages, Except China's
March 05 2013 7:27 PM
The death of Latin America's longest-serving leader made news everywhere, but Chavez's Chinese friends didn't play the story too big.
- Watch The French Army Fight Islamists In Mali [VIDEO]
March 04 2013 5:56 PM
As their third soldier has been reported dead in Mali, the French have published a video showing a firefight with Islamists.
- The Inside Story Of How Obama Stumbled On Mideast Peace
March 04 2013 2:14 PM
A newly elected Obama chose to go tough on Israel in 2009, hoping it would work. A new book reveals how that idea backfired on the White House.
- Berlusconi Surges, Setting Up Impasse
February 25 2013 12:57 PM
Early reports of a center-left victory in Italy were upended when it became clear there will be no majority in the Senate.
- Center-Left Wins In Italy, But Berlusconi Alive And Well
February 25 2013 9:30 AM
Exit polls: Pier Luigi Bersani's Democratic Party has enough seats to form a government, even without a Mario Monti coalition.
- Pope Benedict XVI Will Reportedly Get 2,500-Euro Monthly Pension
February 18 2013 11:52 AM
How much money does an ex-pope make? There is no historical precedent, but Italian press reports suggested a figure.
- Christopher Dorner, The Unlikely Gun Control Advocate
February 13 2013 2:11 PM
The Southern California ex-policeman killer wanted to ban, well, guns -- and found strong, if not exactly sane, words to say it.
- The Pope's Statement: A Model Of Clarity, In Latin
February 11 2013 1:01 PM
There aren't many world leaders who speak Latin. And not many journalists who understand it enough to break the news the pope is stepping down.
- Another Berlusconi Whopper: Balotelli Is 'Our Family's Little Negro' [VIDEO]
February 05 2013 1:14 PM
Even in Italy, where public discourse on race does not sound like America’s, Paolo Berlusconi’s words sounded like the insult they are
- The Extraordinary Alps As You've Never Seen Them
February 02 2013 3:43 PM
Flying these days is boring. But if you request a right-side window seat on a flight out of Milan's Malpensa airport on a sunny day, that is not what you will think.
- 'Making Photocopies Is Hard,’ Says Silvio Berlusconi’s Niece
January 31 2013 1:42 PM
The niece of Italy's erstwhile, and possibly future, prime minister shares at least one trait with her uncle: a penchant for spectacular gaffes on national tv.
- Syrians Get Democracy, In Turkish Camps
January 24 2013 2:03 PM
Thanks to an election, refugees from the Syrian civil war get a taste of living in a free country. But their woes are far from over.
- Inauguration Day 2013: Photos From The Mall
January 21 2013 3:33 PM
As Barack Obama was sworn in for his second presidential term, hundreds of thousands flocked to the National Mall to witness the day.
- American Airlines' New Logo: The 'Silverbird' Legacy
January 17 2013 2:31 PM
American Airlines unveils a new logo and colors, to mixed reviews. Here's what the classic "Silverbird" looked like.
- Inside An All Nippon Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner
January 16 2013 11:55 AM
All Nippon Airways, the biggest Boeing 787 operator, grounded all 787s after an emergency landing. Here's a cockpit-to-tail look at the jet.