- After three explosions in recent weeks, two men were injured Sunday night in a roadside bomb.
- A custodian stole cash from students' backpacks in Columbia, South Carolina, during the nationwide student walkout Wednesday.
- A newly installed bridge on the Florida International University campus collapsed Thursday, killing multiple people and injuring others.
- A weatherman running for congress legally changed his name to Meteorologist.
- A faulty cargo hatch on a Russian airplane caused gold bars to rain over a runway in Siberia.
- Mui Luu, mother of missing Pennsylvania teenager Amy Yu, said she just wants her daughter to come home safely.
- Female Microsoft employees in the United States filed 238 gender discrimination or sexual harassment complaints over a six-year period, according to court documents.
- CIA Director and former Kansas congressman Mike Pompeo will replace Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State.