Alexander C. Kaufman
- Reuters Poaches CEO From The Economist
May 29 2013 10:37 AM
Andrew Rashbass will lead Reuters' news and media division.
- Should China Curb Its Inland Investments?
May 29 2013 5:16 AM
China has poured millions upon millions into its poorer inland provinces -- but the investments aren't panning out quickly enough.
- Bank Of Israel Slashes Lending Rates
May 28 2013 4:10 PM
The Bank of Israel is taking a pointer from Abenomics in another harbinger of what could be a spreading global currency war.
- Iran's Statement About Syrian Civil War: $4 Billion Credit Line
May 28 2013 11:00 AM
Iran has extended lines of credit worth a total of $4 billion in hopes of propping up the Assad regime's oil holdings.
- Prost! Thousands Of VW Workers Get A Raise
May 28 2013 10:22 AM
Upcoming federal elections have local politicians throwing their weight behind unions.
- Is Japan Eyeing Myanmar As Next Bangladesh?
May 25 2013 1:07 PM
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is the first Japanese leader to visit Myanmar, formerly Burma, in 36 years.
- Now Yahoo's Marissa Mayer Wants Hulu, Too
May 24 2013 3:41 PM
Yahoo joins the handful of other bidders for the video service.
- At Procter & Gamble, It's Out With The Old, In With The Old
May 24 2013 10:17 AM
Bob McDonald will be replaced as CEO by his predecessor, A.G. Lafley.
- Who Is Madoff Accusing Now?
May 23 2013 3:08 PM
Carl Shapiro, the only living person accused by Bernie Madoff today, denied any knowledge of the Ponzi scheme.
- Japan Is Hoping Thursday's Nikkei Dive Was Just A Hiccup
May 23 2013 11:35 AM
The dive in the Asian markets was fueled, in part by Abenomics. Here's why Japan is sticking to it.
- New-Home Sales See Another Uptick in April
May 23 2013 10:27 AM
Sales of new single-family homes rose in April to 454,000, up 2.3 percent from the previous month.
- Is Pakistan Murdering Reporters?
May 23 2013 2:06 AM
The Committee to Protect Journalists found that military and intelligence officials were linked to the killings.
- EU Bank Bailouts To Get The Spanish Treatment
May 22 2013 4:16 PM
Shareholders and junior bondholders are going to have to take a hit before they can get a taxpayer-funded bailout.
- Bernanke To Congress: Fed Stimulus Still Needed
May 22 2013 1:13 PM
The head of the world's most powerful central bank said that despite job growth, the economy still needs help from the Fed.
- Are Existing Home Sales Another Sign Of US Recovery?
May 22 2013 10:40 AM
Home sales in April rose to a three-year high of 4.97 million, just shy of what economists had expected.
- Saks Stock Is Soaring On News Of A Possible Sale
May 21 2013 5:04 PM
The luxury retailer reportedly hired Goldman Sachs to find a buyer.
- Commodities Are In The Red
May 21 2013 3:27 PM
The slowdown of the Chinese economy translates into a beating for silver, gold and others commodities.
- Apple CEO In The Hot Seat
May 21 2013 9:36 AM
Apple CEO Tim Cook appeared before Senators McCain and Levin to address concerns that the tech giant uses offshore companies to skirt taxes.
- 3 Things Europe Can Learn From Abenomics
May 21 2013 5:37 AM
Abenomics is an expansionary monetary policy, increased fiscal spending and structural changes - and Europe can learn from it