Alexander C. Kaufman
- Xinhua Weighs In On Bloomberg Snooping Scandal
May 20 2013 12:44 PM
The state news agency says China must protect its interests by reducing its dependence on Wall Street's favorite data service.
- Why Is Goldman Exiting China's Biggest Bank?
May 20 2013 11:09 AM
The Wall Street titan has been slowly reducing its stake in the bank and now hopes to sell what remains for about $1.1 billion.
- Transocean Has Bittersweet News For Carl Icahn
May 17 2013 2:30 PM
A sweeping majority of Transocean shareholders voted down Icahn's proposal for a $4 a share dividend and voted out chairman Michael Talbert.
- Financial Times Hacked By Pro-Assad Forces
May 17 2013 11:41 AM
The Financial Times is just the latest western media outlet to be attacked by hackers believed loyal to the Syrian government.
- China Inflating Export Numbers For Months
May 17 2013 11:13 AM
China has over-reported its exports for the last five months, and its economy is growing much less than widely believed.
- Happy Days Are Here Again?
May 17 2013 10:14 AM
Consumer sentiment rose to 83.7 from April's 76.4, according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index.
- Canada's Prime Minister Pushes Keystone XL Pipeline
May 17 2013 9:59 AM
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said increasing the oil supply to the U.S. was inevitable.
- Bill Gates Is Richer Than Carlos Slim
May 16 2013 4:55 PM
Carlos Slim, the Mexican billionaire, has been dethroned from his status as the world's richest person by Bill Gates after a recent rally in Microsoft stock.
- Another Bad Day For Bloomberg; Citi Blocking Its Chatrooms
May 16 2013 2:41 PM
Citigroup is banning its forex traders from using their Bloomberg terminal chat rooms to talk to each other -- but they can still use it for outside clients.
- Abercrombie Signs On To Workers' Rights Accord in Bangladesh
May 16 2013 12:06 PM
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE:ANF) has joined several other retailers in signing an accord aimed at improving factory safety in Bangladesh.
- GE, Boeing Warn About 777 Engine Problem
May 16 2013 11:28 AM
A problem with engines in Boeing’s 777 jumbo jet has caused engines to fail in mid-flight twice this year.
- Taiwan Says It Can Afford To Lose Philippines As Trading Partner
May 15 2013 12:58 PM
A Taiwanese official said the country "can afford" to lose the Philippines as a trading partner in row over fisherman's death.
- Europe's No. 2 Economy Falls Into Double-Dip Recession
May 15 2013 10:44 AM
German exports and investments fell in the first quarter as French exports declined, too, for the second quarter in a row.
- Some Good News For Greece's Economy
May 14 2013 7:23 PM
Greece's credit rating was upgraded a notch by Fitch Ratings to B- from C, although B- is considered junk status.
- LinkedIn Is Malfunctioning
May 14 2013 2:36 PM
LinkedIn is suffering some technical difficulties and parts of the site won't load
- 3 Countries Selling Consular Real Estate For Cash
May 14 2013 1:34 PM
Debt-choked euro zone nations are selling swanky real estate properties as they try to get their financial house in order.
- Who Wanted The NYT's Declan Walsh Gone From Pakistan?
May 14 2013 7:33 AM
Amid the cacophony of Pakistan's media voices, the Interior Ministry tried to silence the New York Times -- but why?
- Coinbase Eyes Europe
May 13 2013 1:09 PM
What does Union Square Ventures’ Fred Wilson know about Coinbase that other investors might want to know?
- 5 Alternatives To The Bloomberg Terminal
May 13 2013 11:35 AM
Bloomberg cut its reporters' access to confidential client data, but could it be too late to avoid damage to its bottom line?
- How Many Public-University Presidents Made More Than $1 Million?
May 12 2013 6:18 PM
The 212 presidents at the 191 public research institutions earned median total compensation of $441,392, a 4.7 percent increase.