Articles by Alexander C. Kaufman
- NYT's Islamabad Bureau Chief Kicked Out Of Pakistan
May 10 2013 5:56 PM
Shortly before Pakistan's historic election, authorities kicked out a prominent journalist for the New York Times, sparking outrage.
- Chinese Investors Warming Up To Europe
May 10 2013 10:05 AM
Chinese companies’ European love affair continued through 2012 as investments in the continent rose by as much as 21 percent.
- Amplats To Cut 8,000 Fewer Jobs In South Africa
May 10 2013 9:19 AM
Amplats halves its planned jobs cutbacks in South Africa.
- Why Tesla's CEO Probably Prefers Consumer Reports To The Times
May 09 2013 4:18 PM
Elon Musk may have a beef with the New York Times’ treatment of the Tesla Model S, but he must be pleased with Consumer Reports’ glowing review.
- The Big Bitcoin Investment Everyone Is Talking About
May 09 2013 10:43 AM
Union Square Ventures principal Fred Wilson has led a $5 million investment in Coinbase in one of the biggest bets on Bitcoin yet.
- Will Zambia Husk Its Corn Meal Subsidies?
May 09 2013 5:23 AM
President Michael Sata's government could slash subsidies to corn millers as it cuts back on the expenses.
- Pressure's On: Wal-Mart, Sears Reject Paying Tazreen Victims Post-Bangladesh
May 08 2013 12:02 PM
As Western clothiers pay workers at the Bangladesh building collapse, will firms address calls to compensate victims of a similar tragedy?
- Western Clothiers Refuse Bangladesh's Safety Initiatives
May 07 2013 4:39 PM
So far, retailers are not supporting a plan to help the factory workers of Bangladesh - site of a building collapse that killed more than 700.