Articles by Alexander C. Kaufman
- Disgraced Hedge Funder Falcone Just Got $18M Poorer
August 19 2013 4:23 PM
The hedge fund adviser and his Harbinger Capital Partners admitted wrongdoing in an SEC investigation.
- How Eli Lilly Aims To Lengthen Its Patent On Cancer Drug Alimta
August 19 2013 12:00 PM
Eli Lilly wants to protect a patent on the vitamin regimen used to administer its lucrative lung cancer drug, Alimta.
- Merck Suspends Zilmax Sales
August 16 2013 3:38 PM
However, Merck denies that the weight-gain food additive is a threat to cattle / animals.
- Meet BallBall, News Corp's East Asia Soccer Venture
August 16 2013 9:37 AM
BallBall will be a mobile and web-based company for watching soccer highlights in Indonesia, Japan and Vietnam.
- Pfizer's Xalkori: Too Expensive For Brits?
August 16 2013 8:20 AM
A board advised against using Xalkori, a lung cancer treatment, in the British National Health Service.
- Syrian Electronic Army Hacks Washington Post Site
August 15 2013 1:40 PM
The hack comes two days after the Syrian Electronic Army hijacked New York Post reporters' Twitter accounts.
- Aereo - We Can Be Profitable With Less Than 1M Subscribers: CEO
August 15 2013 6:38 AM
Chet Kanojia told a crowd of entrepreneurs in New York that he needed fewer than 1 million paid users to generate a profit.
- Why Patent Trolls Shouldn't Sue The New York Times
August 14 2013 11:50 PM
The so-called patent troll has sued dozens of companies since 2008 and sent notice letters to at least 121 others.
- Why The Sulzberger Family Won't Sell The New York Times
August 13 2013 4:23 PM
Arthur Sulzberger Jr.'s sale of company stock churned the rumor mill following the sale of the Boston Globe and Washington Post.
- July US Retail Sales: Par For The Course
August 13 2013 8:56 AM
July retail sales met the consensus estimate, and there was strength in cars and homes.
- How Much Did Retail Sales Jump In July?
August 12 2013 5:26 PM
July sales figures come out Tuesday morning and analysts' estimates range from a 0.2 to 0.7 percent gain.
- News Corp Soccer Deal In Asia Could Be Winning Goal
August 12 2013 10:25 AM
News Corp has acquired exclusive rights on mobile/Internet clips in Indonesia, Japan & Vietnam for Barclay's Premier League and 8 other soccer leagues.
- Cargill Inc. Won't Stop Using The Growth Hormone Tyson Foods Rejected
August 08 2013 6:15 PM
Drugmaker Merck said Zilmax is not to blame for the mysterious cattle cases.
- AOL To Lay Off Up To 500 At Patch
August 08 2013 3:23 PM
Up to 45 percent of Patch’s roughly 1,300 employees will be axed, one of its employees revealed.
- Is Merck's Growth Enhancer Causing Tyson Cattle To Wobble?
August 08 2013 2:50 PM
Tyson Foods, the largest U.S. meat processor, suspended purchases of cattle fed with Zilmax, claiming the growth enhancer caused problems.
- Third Point's Loeb Heard Clooney's Criticism
August 07 2013 11:23 AM
George Clooney told him to back off Sony Corp., and he did.
- Is Wal-Mart Bidding On This Hong Kong Supermarket Chain?
August 07 2013 10:19 AM
A published report indicated that Wal-Mart is considering a bid for the Hong Kong-based ParknShop chain.
- Why Pfizer And Big Pharma Keep Suing Generic Drugmakers In India
August 07 2013 6:00 AM
Lawsuits buy big pharma more time in India, but it's the drug development divisions that will ultimately lose out.
- CVS Had A Seriously Good Second Quarter
August 06 2013 11:01 AM
The drugstore chain's profits totaled $1.12 billion in Q2, up from $955 million a year ago.
- Neiman Marcus Is Closer To Going Public
August 06 2013 9:31 AM
The luxury retailer chose underwriters for its upcoming IPO.