- Snowden Can Leave Moscow's Airport
July 24 2013 8:27 AM
The NSA whistle-blower reportedly received permission to the leave the airport. His next stop is unknown.
- Boeing's Q2 Earnings Soar
July 24 2013 8:21 AM
The world's largest plane maker increased its full-year earnings forecast.
- LinkedIn Connecting You To Brands With New Paid Content
July 23 2013 2:11 PM
LinkedIn is going to start pushing more sponsored stories your way.
Tourists should avoid Dubai until it passes new laws to protect women who report being raped.
The city’s glitzy hotels and luxury retailers create a veneer of modernity over the desert city, nestled on the shores of the United Arab Emirates. In many ways, Dubai can count itself among the world’s international centers of commerce -- alongside London, New York and Hong Kong. But like the backwoods cast of CBS’s 1960s hit “The Beverly Hillbillies,” newfound oil wealth can put you in league with the global elite before you catch up with its social mores.
In the UAE, as in some other countries that use Islamic law, a woman can only help convict the man who rapes her if the accused confesses or four adult men must testify as witnesses.
- Time Inc. Finally Has A New CEO
July 22 2013 1:23 PM
Time Warner's magazine unit now knows who will lead it once it splits off into a new company.
- McDonald's Disappointing Q2 Earnings Aren't Its Fault
July 22 2013 10:37 AM
That said, Q2 revenue was sluggish, at best, and Wall Street did not respond well.
- 2Q By The Numbers: Beating Estimates For Layoffs, Not Revenue
July 19 2013 4:41 PM
Most companies are reporting better-than-expected second-quarter earnings, but it's not because of revenue growth.
- Pfizer Doesn't Want To Bid On A Surging Onyx: Report
July 19 2013 10:35 AM
The move puts Amgen in the lead to buy the cancer-drug maker.
- J.C. Penney's Home Goods Department Is A Disaster
July 18 2013 4:17 PM
Sales in J.C. Penney's home goods department are down 30 percent this year, and executives are fleeing.
- Will Michael Dell Pull Off His $24.4B Buyout Plan?
July 18 2013 2:20 PM
Some shareholders are unconvinced by the $13.65-per-share bid. Would $14 per share be enough?
- Shrimp Is Getting More Expensive
July 16 2013 3:11 PM
A plague is wiping out farm-raised shrimp in their infancy -- and with lesser supply comes greater prices.
- It's Apple Vs. Samsung Again, Next Month
July 16 2013 2:22 PM
Apple is appealing a judge's decision not to ban sales of infringing Samsung phones and tablets.
- Missile Equipment Reportedly Discovered On N. Korean Ship In Panama Canal
July 16 2013 2:17 PM
Panamanian officials seized "sophisticated missile equipment" stowed aboard a North Korean ship heading home from Cuba.
- Wells Fargo Dethroned Wal-Mart As The King Of Philanthropy
July 15 2013 2:28 PM
Wells Fargo donated more cash to charities than Wal-Mart for the first time in seven years.
- Following France, Fitch Lowers Europe's Financial Rating
July 15 2013 1:33 PM
The ratings service downgraded Europe's second-largest economy from AAA to AA+.
- 7.2 Earthquake Rocks Tiny British Islands In South Atlantic
July 15 2013 11:20 AM
It's unclear whether the quake, which struck the South Sandwich Islands off Argentina's coast, caused damage to other islands nearby.
- London Libor Interest Rate Case Heating Up Again
July 15 2013 10:44 AM
Two former RP Martin brokers were charged with conspiracy to defraud on Monday.
- Merrill: S&P To 1,750 In 2013
July 15 2013 9:14 AM
Analysts at Bank of America Merrill Lynch boosted their 2013 outlook, citing "positive surprises" in the U.S. economy.
- News Corp Consolidates London Offices
July 12 2013 4:08 PM
News Corp. is putting its British media properties under one roof in London.
- At JPMorgan, Jamie Dimon Has Proven Himself A Survivor
July 12 2013 1:54 PM
In May, some investors wanted Jamie Dimon barred from holding chairman and CEO titles. Since then, he's proven why he kept them.