Alexander C. Kaufman
- Wall Street Pay Set to Rise In 2013, Especially In Equities
June 26 2013 5:49 AM
As head count reductions decrease in the equities trading market, a report is predicting a strong year ahead.
- Michael Hastings 'Onto A Big Story' 15 Hours Before Death
June 22 2013 5:23 PM
KTLA published an email sent to colleagues a day before the reporter's death in a fiery car crash.
- 2 Killed In Ohio Air Show Plane Crash
June 22 2013 2:40 PM
A stunt plane crashed at an air show near Dayton, Ohio, killing two people.
- Jake Tapper Pretty Much Predicted The Obama Administration Would Produce An Edward Snowden
June 22 2013 2:13 PM
Jake Tapper was calling out the Obama administration's enforcement of the Espionage Act back in February 2012.
- White House Petition To Pardon Edward Snowden Passes 100,000
June 22 2013 11:38 AM
The petition to pardon the whistle-blower passed the necessary 100,000 signatures.
- Oracle Falls On Missed Expecations
June 21 2013 11:29 AM
Oracle's revenue remained stagnant in its fourth quarter, ending May 31.
- Could Cuba And The US Really Be Friends?
June 21 2013 10:24 AM
The U.S. and Cuba are holding talks about policies and programs both governments want revised.
- It's Turkey's EU Minister Vs. Germany's Angela Merkel
June 21 2013 10:03 AM
Egemen Bağiş is no fan of the Economist, nor of Angela Merkel.
- Fed's Tapering 'Inappropriately Timed': Board Member
June 21 2013 9:30 AM
The president of the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank urged the U.S. Federal Reserve not to taper just yet.
- What Radiohead's Thom Yorke Wants To Sell To Wall Street
June 20 2013 4:04 PM
Radiohead's Thom Yorke is auctioning his 2005 painting in London.
- Here's What It Costs To Do Shady Business With Iran: New York State
June 20 2013 1:07 PM
Japan's largest bank is paying big-time for its alleged illegal dealings with Iran and other sanctioned regimes.
- Did Tom Hayes Rig This Key London Interest Rate?
June 20 2013 10:07 AM
The former UBS trader is the first of a group of alleged conspirators at international financial firms to face charges for manipulating the Libor.
- Samoa Air Rolls Out XL Seats For XL Passengers
June 18 2013 5:00 PM
Samoa is one of the most obese countries. Now its airline accommodates that reality.
- Why Calls In State Prisons Cost So Much
June 18 2013 3:13 PM
Phone companies in state jails give kickbacks to prisons and charge insane prices.
- Did HSBC Rig Key Asia Interest Rate?
June 18 2013 11:16 AM
Maybe Hong Kong needs an Edward Snowden-type in its banks.
- 3D Printing Gets Foot In The Door At Footwear Companies
June 18 2013 10:19 AM
Nike and New Balance are using 3D printing to build custom shoes.
- Turkish Minister Furious At The Economist Magazine
June 17 2013 4:15 PM
EU Minister Egemen Bağiş had some choice words for the weekly British magazine.
- Should EU Accept Turkey Despite Deadly Protest Crackdowns?
June 17 2013 1:20 PM
Some say Turkey is an economic powerhouse needed to recharge the EU's economy, but more say it isn't ready.
- Where In The World Is The New York Times' Declan Walsh?
June 17 2013 11:03 AM
The Islamabad bureau chief, kicked out of Pakistan, has resurfaced nearly 12,000 miles away.