Articles by Alexander C. Kaufman
- China's Latest Move To Boost Economic Confidence
June 17 2013 11:03 AM
Beijing bought shares in the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Bank of China, China Construction Bank and Agricultural Bank of China.
- Are The Sudans Still Fighting About Oil? Not Exactly
June 14 2013 3:22 PM
Abyei, a conflicted, oil-rich region, is at the heart of a fresh battle between Sudan and South Sudan.
- IMF Cuts 2014 US Growth Outlook To 2.7% From 3.0%
June 14 2013 11:50 AM
The International Monetary Fund blamed the sequestration and deficit reduction for its lowered GDP outlook for the U.S.
- Portugal's President: Kick IMF Out Of The Troika!
June 14 2013 5:55 AM
Portugal's President Aníbal Cavaco Silva says the IMF has different goals than the EU, which governs the two other branches of the Troika.
- Why The World Suddenly Cares About Protesters In Turkey
June 13 2013 4:58 PM
Minorities have long been suppressed in Turkey -- but now protests in Istanbul and across the country have finally garnered attention abroad.
- Rupert Murdoch Divorcing Wendi Deng, 3rd Wife
June 13 2013 12:39 PM
The News Corp. chairman and CEO is leaving his wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch.
- What The EU Parliament Thinks Of Erdoğan Right Now
June 13 2013 12:31 PM
European Union parliamentarians are concerned about the police crackdowns on protesters.
- Sobeys, The New Crown Prince Of Canada's Food Sector
June 13 2013 10:52 AM
Sobeys Inc.'s $5.7 billion purchase of Safeway Canada puts Loblaw, the country's largest grocer, on notice.
- Why Is Prince Alwaleed Suing Forbes?
June 12 2013 2:11 PM
Prince Alwaleed, the ostentatious Saudi billionaire, says Forbes insulted the entire Saudi business community, not just him.
- Why Gazprom Refused To Buy Greece's DEPA Utility
June 11 2013 5:01 PM
Kremlin-controlled OAO Gazprom said Greece's natural gas utility known as DEPA had some "serious problems."
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Has Some Bad News
June 11 2013 3:22 PM
The European bottler is looking at a dismal second quarter.
- News Corp. Shareholders Greenlight Split
June 11 2013 1:48 PM
Rupert Murdoch will chair both 21st Century Fox and News Corp. when the media giant splits in two later this month.
- Second-Quarter Earnings Are Looking Pretty Paltry
June 11 2013 10:38 AM
More than three quarters of the 116 S&P 500 company earnings pre-announcements were negative.
- Is DSK Off The Hook?
June 11 2013 10:09 AM
The former IMF chief may have aggravated pimping charges against him dropped.
- What Investor Confidence Decline?
June 10 2013 3:43 PM
TD Ameritrade’s Investor Movement Index, or IMX, found that the score fell to 5.02 from 5.31 in April.
- How Many Years Will It Take The U.S. To Regain S&P's AAA Rating?
June 10 2013 12:55 PM
Canada and Finland hold the record for the fastest rebounds to AAA status.
- Who Wants Greece's Natural Gas Co.? Not Russia's Gazprom
June 10 2013 12:08 PM
Russia's OAO Gazprom did not make a bid for the troubled state-owned utility.
- Does US Wind Energy Sector Need Federal Subsidies?
June 10 2013 10:26 AM
Wind energy created a record amount of power last year.
- China Trumps The US In The Battle Over Bitcoin
June 08 2013 10:18 AM
American startups embraced Bitcoin early, but the Web-based currency is more popular in China, which could leave the U.S. at a disadvantage.
- Prince Alwaleed Says Forbes Undervalued His Wealth, So He's Suing
June 06 2013 1:37 PM
Prince Alwaleed doesn't want you to think he's short nearly $10 billion.