Alexander C. Kaufman
- BBC Launches Two New Business Website Sections
June 06 2013 11:31 AM
The BBC launched two new business sections on its website, BBC Capital and BBC Entrepreneurship
- For The Price, This Persian Rug Should Fly
June 06 2013 9:50 AM
Sotheby's auction house said it sold a Persian rug from the 1600s to an anonymous bidder for a record price.
- Greece To New York Investors: We're Worth The Risk, Really
June 05 2013 12:05 PM
Greece is appealing to New York financiers for more investment, saying the worst is behind the euro zone nation.
- What The ECB Doesn't Want You To Know
June 04 2013 12:08 PM
The European Central Bank won the right to keep documents about Greece's finances secret.
- Here's What HSBC Allegedly Did To Homeowners To Get Sued By New York State
June 04 2013 11:20 AM
HSBC took too long to file for judicial intervention in foreclosure cases in four New York counties, the N.Y. state attorney general said.
- Here's How Alibaba Is Going To Dominate China's Online Music Industry
June 04 2013 9:43 AM
Alibaba has finalized an acquisition of a Chinese service similar to Spotify, Pandora or Soundcloud.
- How Zynga Is Like The Titanic, Your Last Breakup, Or A Remora Fish
June 03 2013 8:03 PM
Zynga relied too much on Facebook.
- Zynga Lays Off 520 As Company Tries To Cut Costs
June 03 2013 5:30 PM
To save up to $80 million, social gaming company Zynga announces a new sweep of layoffs.
- Seven Things To Know About Turkey
June 03 2013 3:59 PM
The protests in Turkey are dominating much of the news cycle. Here are some facts to make you sound informed with your colleagues.
- Summer Of Protests In Turkey Would Sink Its Economy
June 03 2013 2:45 PM
Tourism and foreign investment could take hits if the protests continue through the summer.
- Federal Reserve Investigating Bitcoin, PayPal
June 03 2013 2:34 PM
As online payment systems proliferate, the U.S. Federal Reserve has cast a wary eye.
- 7-Eleven Is About To Open A Lot More Stores
June 03 2013 12:31 PM
7-Eleven may double the number of stores it has in North America by as early as 2014.
- Should Centerra Gold Care About The Kyrgyz Mine Shutdown?
May 31 2013 5:10 PM
Centerra Gold of Canada says its gold yields won't be damaged by this temporary shutdown.
- Is Thailand Using Burmese Slaves On Its Boats?
May 31 2013 12:37 PM
A British nongovernmental organization documented more than a dozen cases of migrant workers enslaved on Thai fishing boats.
- In Kyrgyzstan, Centerra Gold Trumps Protesters' Demands -- For Now
May 31 2013 12:14 PM
Villagers stormed a Canadian-owned gold mine in Kyrgyzstan, demanding money and infrastructure investments.
- The Latest Bloomberg News Spying Drama
May 31 2013 10:33 AM
Bloomberg LP CEO Dan Doctoroff wants to hold Editor-in-Chief Matt Winkler more accountable for the data terminal snooping mess.
- May US Consumer Sentiment Tops Expectations
May 31 2013 10:06 AM
The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan’s index on consumer sentiment came in unexpectedly stronger in May.
- Madonna, Because She's Living In A Material World, Sells Apartment To Hedge Fund Titan
May 30 2013 3:02 PM
Madonna is collecting a hair less than $20 million in the sale of her fancy co-op near New York City's Central Park.
- Is Europe Scrapping Its Financial Transaction Tax?
May 30 2013 9:55 AM
The tax, originally championed by Germany and France, has been largely defanged after banks and trading groups lobbied against it.
- Should Germany Keep Some State Control Over VW?
May 29 2013 12:29 PM
The European Commission still wants Germany to overturn a law giving Lower Saxony a veto power over Volkswagen's management.