- Obesity: An Infectious Disease, Study Concludes
February 06 2012 2:23 PM
Is obesity infectious? A new study suggests that obesity, epidemic worldwide, may be caught like a cold or flu.
- Lake Vostok Drilling: Russian Scientists Reach 20 Million Year-Old Lake
February 06 2012 11:53 AM
Russian scientists have succeeded in drilling into the 20 million-year-old Lake Vostok, an expedition over a decade in the making.
- Megaupload, Megavideo founder Kim Dotcom Bail Appeal Denied
February 03 2012 10:41 AM
New Zealand court denied Kim Dotcom, founder of Megaupload and Megavideo, his appeal for bail on Friday
- ACTA: Slovenia Ambassador Apologizes for Signing Treaty, Calls for Protests
February 03 2012 10:05 AM
Slovenia's ambassador apologized to her country for signing ACTA, and called for mass demonstrations on Saturday, Feb. 4.
- Eira Maghuyop: Bullying Led Yonkers Ursuline School Teen to Suicide
February 03 2012 10:03 AM
Eira Maghuyop, a 14-year-old student from The Ursuline School in New Rochelle, N.Y., committed suicide on Tuesday over bullying.
- RIP Soulja Boy: Rapper Latest Victim of Death Hoax
February 03 2012 9:51 AM
Soulja Boy is the latest celebrity to become victim to the death hoax, with users on Twitter using the hashtag #RIPSouljaBoy .
- YES Prep East End Teacher Accused of Sexual Assault
February 02 2012 4:09 PM
A former YES Prep East End teacher was arrested on Wednesday after he allegedly sexually assaulted a 16-year-old student, according to KHOU.com.
- ‘Define British Person’ and Other Google Bombs [PHOTOS]
February 02 2012 4:07 PM
The latest Google bomb is Define British Person. A Google bomb, or Google bombing, refers to practices, such as creating large numbers of links, which causes a search term to turn up unrelated results.
- Facebook Goes Public: What is an IPO?
February 02 2012 1:07 PM
Facebook filed a $5 billion IPO on Wednesday, meaning that the social media giant will become a publically traded company, and anyone will be able to buy shares of Facebook starting this spring. But what is an IPO?
- President Obama: Healthcare Reform in Keeping with 'Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself’
February 02 2012 11:59 AM
President Obama defended some of his controversial decisions at the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday.
- Osama Bin Laden Death Photos May Be Released as New Details of CIA Involvement Revealed
February 02 2012 10:47 AM
The Osama Bin Laden death photos may be released to the public after all, after a Department of Justice ruling raised the possibility that portions of images or video of the al-Qaeda leader could be disclosed without core harm to national security.
- National Signing Day 2012: Where Did The Top Recruits Go? [SLIDESHOW]
February 02 2012 10:14 AM
National Signing Day 2012 was yesterday, and the newest crop of NCAA Football talent are officially committed to their future colleges.
- Planned Parenthood Donations Increase in Wake of Susan G Komen Grant Cuts
February 02 2012 9:30 AM
Susan G Komen for the Cure, the largest and best-funded breast cancer organization in the United States, withdrew its funding from Planned Parenthood on Tuesday, but the organization recouped much of its lost money through donations.
- Alien Particles: New Intersellar Particles Can Show History of Solar System
February 01 2012 4:32 PM
Researchers have found and measured new alien particles that have made their way through interstellar space into our heliosphere.The heliosphere is the area encompassing our solar system.
- John Fox, ‘Gasland’ Director, Arrested at House Fracking Hearing
February 01 2012 3:37 PM
John Fox, director of the documentary Gasland, was arrested during a Republican-dominated congressional hearing on Wednesday, raising questions about the hearing's public access.
- Florida Man Adopts 42-Year-Old Girlfriend
February 01 2012 2:54 PM
John Goodman, a 48-year-old businessman from Florida, adopted his 42-year-old girlfriend as his daughter in order to shield his assets in a wrongful-death suit he is facing.
- Swine Flu 2011 Cases in Mexico Topped by January Alone
February 01 2012 12:42 PM
Mexico, where the deadly H1N1 worldwide pandemic began three years ago, has seen a large increase in the number of swine flu cases in 2012
- Chicago Bound Amtrak Train Derails in Michigan
February 01 2012 11:33 AM
A Chicago bound Amtrak train derailed in southern Michigan after crashing into a highway crossing. No life-threatening injuries were reported.
- National Signing Day 2012: Roger Lewis Commits to Prison
February 01 2012 11:08 AM
Wide receiver Roger Lewis, instead of announcing his college commitment, is being held in jail on two counts of rape.
- National Signing Day 2012: CB Tracy Howard Commits to Miami Hurricanes
February 01 2012 10:41 AM
Tracy Howard, the nations top-rated high-school cornerback, quietly committed to the University of Miami Hurricanes