Articles by Amir Khan
- Mega Millions $500 Million Jackpot: 4 Events More Likely Than You Winning [Slideshow]
March 29 2012 10:54 AM
The odds of winning the $500 million Mega Millions jackpot is 1 in 176 million. How unlikely is that? Click through the slideshow to see what is more likely to happen than you hitting it big.
- Long-Fingered Frog And 4 Other Long-Lost Species [SLIDESHOW]
March 28 2012 4:34 PM
The long-fingered frog was recently discovered after being thought extinct for over 60 years. Here are some other species that were thought to be extinct.
- Unroasted Coffee Extract May Help You Lose Weight
March 28 2012 3:17 PM
Unroasted coffee extract may help you lose weight, according to a new study
- Chili Peppers May Lower Cholesterol And Improve Blood Flow
March 28 2012 1:59 PM
Studies have shown that chili peppers can lower cholesterol and improve blood flow - and scientists now know why.
- Eating Placenta After Birth May Be Healthy, Study Suggests
March 28 2012 11:32 AM
Eating your baby's placenta may be good for you, according to a new study
- Oldest Planets Identified, Formed At The Dawn Of The Universe
March 27 2012 4:56 PM
Astronomers discovered a solar system that appears to have been created 12.8 billion years ago - less than a billion years after the big bang
- Richard Lee Norris Receives Face Transplant: 5 Other Face Transplant Recipients [PHOTOS]
March 27 2012 3:30 PM
Richard Lee Norris received the 23rd facial transplant on March 19.
- Self-Healing Plastic Repairs Like Human Skin When Scratched
March 27 2012 2:21 PM
A new plastic that heals itself when damaged could pave the way for a suite of self-fixing products.
- Sitting Half The Day Raises Risk of Dying, Study
March 27 2012 11:14 AM
Sitting for 11 hours or more per day raises the your risk of dying by 40 percent, according to a new study.
- Disappearance Of Large Australian Herbivores Not Due To Climate Change
March 26 2012 4:38 PM
The extinction of Australia's giant animals was caused by hunting, not climate change, a new study concludes.
- Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis On The Rise: WHO Researcher
March 26 2012 4:06 PM
Drug-resistant tuberculosis is becoming a widespread problem, according to a WHO researcher.
- Secondhand Smoke, Bed Sharing RaiseSudden Infant Death Risk
March 26 2012 3:05 PM
Secondhand smoke and bed sharing are major risk factors for SIDS, according to a new study.