Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- G-8 Summit Declaration [Full Text]
June 19 2013 8:04 AM
Full text of the final declaration issued on Tuesday by the leaders of G-8 nations at the end of a summit in Northern Ireland.
- Weak Yen Helps Japanese Exports Log 2-Year High
June 19 2013 6:31 AM
Japan’s exports grew at the fastest annual rate in more than two years, in a hopeful sign for Shinzo Abe’s economic policies dubbed 'Abenomics.'
- Kodak Seeks Court Approval For $406M Rights Offering
June 19 2013 4:11 AM
Kodak will seek court approval for a $406 million rights offering, which will be used to repay creditors under its Chapter 11 reorganization plan.
- G-8 Summit Concludes, Syria Issue Divides Nations
June 19 2013 2:28 AM
The G-8 summit in Northern Ireland concluded on Tuesday with leaders split on the Syria issue.
- 2013 Lough Erne G-8 Leaders’ Communiqué [Full Text]
June 19 2013 12:48 AM
Full text of the final communiqué issued by leaders of the G-8 nations on Tuesday.
- ECB Could Use Negative Deposit Rates To Aid EZ: Draghi
June 18 2013 6:17 AM
ECB's Mario Draghi said Tuesday that the bank may resort to unusual policy measures such as negative deposit rates to save the euro zone.
- G-8 Summit Security Breached Briefly By Protesters
June 18 2013 4:27 AM
Protesters breached the security perimeter surrounding the G-8 summit venue in Northern Ireland on Monday, but dispersed after police warning.
- Brazilians Protest Corruption, High Taxes In Biggest Protest In Decades
June 18 2013 2:07 AM
Nationwide protests have swept Brazil, as people vent their frustration over heavy taxes and poor public services.
- G8 Leaders Call Jobs And Growth 'Top Priority'
June 18 2013 12:01 AM
Complete text of the G-8 communique on global economy issued on Monday. The meeting continues Tuesday.
- Turkey Labor Union Strike Jolts Financial Markets, Lira
June 17 2013 7:59 AM
Turkey labor unions call for a nationwide protest on Monday against police crackdown on protesters, weakening lira and financial markets.
- Airbus Profit Margin To More Than Double By 2015: CEO
June 17 2013 4:09 AM
Airbus expects its profit margin to more than double by 2015, its CEO said, ahead of the 2013 Paris Air Show scheduled to begin on Monday.
- UK Spied On Foreign Diplomats At G-20 Meets In 2009
June 17 2013 2:20 AM
Ahead of the G-8 summit on Monday, leaked documents obtained by the Guardian reveal British spies snooped on foreign diplomats at G-20 summits.