Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Syrian Opposition Meet In Istanbul To Elect New Leader
May 24 2013 3:42 AM
A day after the U.S. expressed solidarity for Syrian opposition, members of the coalition met in Istanbul on Thursday to elect a new leader.
- Car Bomb Explosion In Pakistan Kills 13
May 23 2013 8:54 AM
A bomb explosion in Quetta, in Pakistan's Balochistan province, killed 11 security personnel and two civilians.
- Is North Korea Ready To Restart Kaesong Complex?
May 23 2013 7:41 AM
North Korea proposed a joint event with South Korea to mark the anniversary of a landmark joint declaration.
- Suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba Militant Killed In Kashmir Police Encounter
May 23 2013 3:58 AM
A militant belonging to the banned Islamist group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), was killed in an early morning raid on Thursday.
- India China Trade Seen Less Skewed In The Future
May 22 2013 11:02 AM
India and China plan to boost trade even as India seeks a bigger share of the Chinese market to narrow its yawning trade deficit.
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un Sends Envoy To China
May 22 2013 3:33 AM
North Korean leader sent a special envoy to Beijing on Wednesday, a day after a Chinese fishing crew was freed after government intervention.
- Guatemala Court Overturns Former Military Ruler Rios Montt’s Conviction
May 21 2013 9:14 AM
Guatemala’s highest court on Monday annulled a conviction against former dictator Efrain Rios Montt.
- Media Paint Rosy Picture For Indo-China Relations, Indian Public Wary
May 21 2013 7:11 AM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to India prompts the media to see a benign future for Indo-China relations. The Indian public remains wary, an independent survey says.
- President Obama To Meet Myanmar’s President Thein Sein In DC
May 20 2013 9:41 AM
President Barack Obama will meet Myanmar’s President Thein Sein on Monday, amid apprehensions over sustainability of the nation’s reforms.
- China, India Jointly Push For New Initiative To Resolve Border Dispute
May 20 2013 8:31 AM
China and India on Monday decided to end their border disputes amicably, while signing new agreements to strengthen ties.
- China Asks North Korea To Free 16 Chinese Fishermen
May 20 2013 6:03 AM
China has asked North Korea to release 16 Chinese fishermen, who were on board a Chinese fishing boat.
- Violence Strikes Across Iraq: At Least 43 Killed
May 18 2013 8:32 AM
Twin bomb blasts hit a Sunni Muslim mosque in the Iraqi city of Baquba, some 50 kilometers (31 miles) to the northeast of Baghdad.