Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Obama, Top Tech Executives To Talk Healthcare.gov, NSA Leaks
December 17 2013 1:49 AM
The session will focus on the economic impact of files leaked by Snowden on tech firms and address issues dogging the Obamacare website.
- Indian State Adopts Anti-Black Magic Bill
December 16 2013 7:09 AM
The measure marks changing attitudes in India toward religious practitioners and so-called holy men who draw a large number of followers.
- Dec. Euro Zone PMI: Weak, Lopsided Growth
December 16 2013 5:19 AM
Factory activity was fueled by rising exports, while low demand within the euro zone suppressed growth in the service sector.
- Veteran Brain Trauma Health Care Access To Get Easier
December 16 2013 3:24 AM
Access to benefits for diseases including Parkinsonism, dementia and depression have been made easier under the new rules.
- Yemen’s Parliament Approves Ban On Drone Strikes
December 16 2013 1:13 AM
The non-binding motion is seen as a government recommendation and a sign of increasing opposition to the U.S. drone program.
- Visa, MasterCard In $5.7B Settlement With Retailers
December 14 2013 11:46 AM
Visa and MasterCard win an approval to resolve complaints over high swipe fees.
- India Expresses ‘Shock’ Over Diplomat’s Arrest In New York
December 14 2013 11:02 AM
Complaint by a former domestic spurs arrest of Devyani Khobragade.
- Thai Political Crisis Deepens As Protesters Dig In
December 13 2013 6:15 AM
Heads of the nation's armed forces have agreed to meet with the protest leader who is insisting on an unelected government.
- American Missing In Iran Worked For CIA: Reports
December 13 2013 3:53 AM
Robert Levinson’s disappearance prompted a major internal investigation within the agency, which reportedly also paid off his family.
- Boeing’s 777X Deal Fails Yet Again In Washington State
December 13 2013 1:17 AM
Boeing said its “best and final” offer to build key parts of its new jet in the Puget Sound region was rejected by the main workers’ union.
- French Inflation Holds Steady, Italy Records Decline
December 12 2013 5:13 AM
A drop in fuel prices, among other factors, exerted downward inflationary pressure in both France and Italy.
- Is Viktor Yanukovych Ready For the EU?
December 12 2013 3:54 AM
The U.S. has conveyed to Russia that Ukraine’s foreign policy issue isn't a “zero-sum game,” adding that the people’s voice needs to be heard.
- US, UK Suspend Nonlethal Aid Delivery To Syrian Rebels
December 12 2013 1:43 AM
The decision came after an Islamist group took control of warehouses owned by Western-backed Syrian rebels.
- India Wants Afghan Ties, But Without Strings Attached
December 11 2013 7:11 AM
Afghanistan may request for military hardware from India on Hamid Karzai's visit, but India does not want to provoke the U.S. or Pakistan.
- Greek Unemployment Rate Refuses To Inch Down
December 11 2013 5:53 AM
A stubborn jobless rate keeps Greece reeling under austerity measures put in place after the nation's debt crisis.
- Homosexuality Once Again Illegal In India After Court Ruling
December 11 2013 3:16 AM
Dealing a blow to gay rights, India’s apex court ruled that a lower court’s 2009 decision in favor of homosexuality was not supported by law.
- US Expresses ‘Disgust’ Over Ukraine's Treatment Of Protesters
December 11 2013 12:59 AM
“The United States stands with the people of Ukraine. They deserve better,” Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- 'Giant Of History' Mandela Honored By World Leaders
December 10 2013 7:36 AM
“It is hard to eulogize any man...how much harder to do so for a giant of history, who moved a nation towards justice,” President Obama said.
- Chinese Hackers Broke Into EU Ministries Before G-20: Report
December 10 2013 5:29 AM
A California-based cybersecurity firm said hackers released malicious code on to computers before September’s G-20 summit in Russia.
- Will Pussy Riot, Greenpeace Activists Be Granted Amnesty?
December 10 2013 2:39 AM
Russian media says an amnesty bill initiated by Putin will free the jailed protesters, contradicting last week’s reports.