Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- NSA's Alexander To Hold Classified Senate Briefing Thursday
June 13 2013 8:16 AM
The NSA chief will privately brief the Senate to defend the controversial surveillance program, while Chinese media react to new details.
- Pakistan's Pervez Musharraf Arrested
June 13 2013 7:26 AM
Ex-Pakistani President Musharraf has been arrested and remanded to judicial custody over the 2006 killing of Baluch leader Akbar Bugti.
- Snowden Claims NSA Hacked Networks In China, HK
June 13 2013 4:13 AM
The NSA has been hacking thousands of global computer networks for years, including those belonging to China and Hong Kong, Edward Snowden claimed.
- Turkey's PM Calls For A Referendum, Quieting Protests
June 13 2013 1:01 AM
Turkey's Erdogan may hold a referendum to seek public opinion on plans to redevelop Istanbul’s Gezi Park, the focus of anti-government unrest.
- Edward Snowden Seeks Legal Help: Local Media
June 12 2013 6:29 AM
Edward Snowden, thought to be in hiding since revealing the NSA's surveillance program, may be seeking legal help in Hong Kong.
- Boeing's Dreamliner In Trouble Again
June 12 2013 5:20 AM
Two Japanese carriers cancelled three Boeing 787 services, less than two weeks since they were back in the air.
- Protest In Istanbul's Taksim Square Subsides
June 12 2013 2:19 AM
Clashes between Turkish police and anti-government protesters subsided after police cleared Taksim Square and PM Erdogan spoke of zero tolerance.
- Indian IT Cos Cheer Weak Rupee, Fear Immigration Bill
June 12 2013 1:36 AM
Indian IT companies hope to pass on some of the benefits from a weak rupee to their clients, but worry immigration reform could hit business.
- FBI Investigates Sen. Grassley's Aide In Insider Trading Case
June 11 2013 6:43 AM
One of Sen. Charles Grassley’s aides has been targeted by the FBI in a probe related to an April health care announcement.
- Edward Snowden 'Missing' In Hong Kong, Wikileaks Lends Support, Advice
June 11 2013 4:37 AM
Edward Snowden is missing after leaving his Hong Kong hotel, while Wikileaks' Julian Assange declared support for the NSA “whistle-blower.”
- Turkish Police Remove Protesters From Taksim Square
June 11 2013 2:34 AM
Turkish riot police entered Istanbul’s Taksim Square to crack down on protesters as the anti-government movement enters its twelfth day.
- SoftBank Offers More For Sprint Nextel
June 11 2013 1:34 AM
Japan’s SoftBank Corp., in a race with Dish Network to acquire Sprint Nextel, enhanced its offer price to $21.6 billion.