Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Chavez's Heir Maduro Remains People's Favorite: Poll
March 19 2013 4:54 AM
Venezuela’s acting president, Nicolas Maduro, commands a 14% lead over his rival ahead of the the Apr. 14 presidential election.
- Fukushima Residents Anxious As Power Outage Hits Nuclear Plant
March 19 2013 3:07 AM
Four fuel storage pools at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant lack fresh cooling water owing to a power outage.
- Six Arrested Over Gang Rape Of Swiss Tourist In India
March 18 2013 7:07 AM
Police in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh said six people were arrested in connection with the gang rape of a Swiss tourist.
- Lebanon, Jordan Warned Over Porous Borders Aiding Militant Infiltration
March 18 2013 4:00 AM
Lebanon and Jordan are treading a precarious path by allowing militants through porous borders, Syrian newspapers warned.
- Hurrah! Pakistan Government Completes Full Term
March 17 2013 4:19 AM
Pakistan’s government made history by becoming the first democratic government to complete a full term.
- Swiss Tourist On Cycling Trip Gang Raped In India
March 17 2013 2:32 AM
A Swiss woman traveling with her husband was gang raped in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
- France, Britain Keen To Arm Syrian Rebels
March 15 2013 6:59 AM
France and Britain will urge European Union nations to lift an embargo on supplying weapons to the Syrian opposition.
- North Korea Accuses US, South Korea Of Cyber Attacks
March 15 2013 5:33 AM
North Korea accused the U.S. and S.Korea Friday of cyber attacks on Internet servers, the appears to be the latest in its belligerent rhetoric.
- India Arrests ‘Pakistani Militant’ For Attacking Military Camp
March 15 2013 3:52 AM
Police in Indian-administered Kashmir said Thursday they arrested a top Pakistani militant for attacking Indian security camp in Srinagar.
- Khmer Rouge Leader Ieng Sary Dies During Genocide Trial
March 14 2013 6:21 AM
Former Khmer Rouge senior leader Ieng Sary, who co-founded the brutal Maoist regime of Cambodia died Thursday.
- Xi Jinping Takes Office As China’s President
March 14 2013 3:51 AM
Xi Jinping, leader of the Chinese Communist Party, took charge as the president of China on Thursday, succeeding Hu Jintao.
- Venezuela To Probe Chavez Murder Claims
March 13 2013 7:37 AM
Venezuela is setting up a government inquiry to investigate suspicions of foul play shrouding the death of President Hugo Chavez.