- China’s Retail Sales Beat Estimate
December 10 2013 1:32 AM
But the country's industrial production and urban investments missed forecasts.
- How Hagel Will Try To Diffuse Drone Issue In Pakistan
December 09 2013 7:27 AM
The trip follows disruptions in the transport of goods to NATO troops in Afghanistan through supply routes in Pakistan.
- German Industrial Output Slips Unexpectedly
December 09 2013 6:38 AM
Analysts had expected industrial production to gain momentum in October. Instead, it raises concerns about the state of the economy.
- Leaked TPP Documents Reveal US Pressure On Negotiators
December 09 2013 4:26 AM
The TPP treaty is at risk of failing if member nations do not allow for concessions on key national interest issues.
- Thai PM Yingluck Calls Parliamentary Elections
December 09 2013 1:03 AM
Opposition lawmakers resigned en masse on Sunday, ahead of Monday’s “final showdown” by anti-government protesters.
- Ailing Sears To Spin Off Lands’ End Business
December 07 2013 2:03 PM
The North America-based company continues to shed assets amid rising losses and declining sales.
- WTO Reaches Its First Ever Global Trade Deal
December 07 2013 12:05 PM
Bali summit would contribute nearly $1 trillion to the global economy and create more than 20 million jobs.
- Former Judge In India Goes Free In Sexual Assault Case
December 06 2013 7:15 AM
A committee instituted by the Supreme Court ruled no action would be taken as the judge had retired from service when the incident occurred.
- Graça Machel: Mandela’s Third Wife And A Leader In Her Own Right
December 06 2013 4:17 AM
Machel’s political ideologies were deeply influenced by her experience during her school years in Mozambique’s capital, Maputo.
- J.C. Penney Facing SEC Inquiry Into Finances
December 06 2013 1:09 AM
The Texas-based retailer has been trying to engineer a rebound by targeting younger and richer customers.
- Bank Of England Offers No Surprise
December 05 2013 7:35 AM
The U.K.’s central bank maintained the status quo on its key rate and policies amid a steady recovery and dropping inflation and unemployment.
- JPMorgan Warns Of Data Breach In Cyberattack
December 05 2013 6:42 AM
The New York bank said hackers may have gained access to personal information of nearly half a million of its corporate customers.
- Indian States Vie For Chinese Investments
December 05 2013 4:40 AM
Chinese firms are keen on investing in agro-processing, tourism and manufacturing, while India wants to ease the trade imbalance with China.
- Six Of Brazil’s World Cup Stadiums Will Miss FIFA's Deadline
December 05 2013 2:37 AM
Brazil attributed the delays to public protests, but stressed that all the stadiums would be ready to host test events early next year.
- GDP Estimate Confirms Q3 Slowdown In Europe
December 04 2013 6:00 AM
France and Italy recorded a quarterly decline, while the UK’s GDP expanded.
- Euro Zone, UK: Mixed Economic Signals
December 04 2013 5:12 AM
Germany led gains in the euro zone, while France and Italy reported declines, and the U.K. maintained strong service sector growth.
- Empty Your Pockets Please: House To TSA
December 04 2013 3:36 AM
A new bill requires the TSA to fork over loose change collected at airport security to programs supporting military personnel.
- Judge's Ruling Threatens Pensioners In Detroit, Other Bankrupt Cities
December 04 2013 1:15 AM
The ruling, which came as a surprise for Detroit, could impact several other Americans cities with rising pension costs.
- US Among Top 20 Least Corrupt Countries
December 03 2013 6:34 AM
While Denmark and New Zealand retained their top slots, North Korea landed at the bottom of the 2013 worldwide corruption index.
- Thai PM Softens Stance In Bid To End Violence
December 03 2013 3:32 AM
Yingluck Shinawatra said that her government does not intend to cling to power at the expense of people’s lives.