Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Amgen’s Heart Drug Cut Cholesterol By Half In Testing
November 20 2013 7:26 AM
The experimental drug, when used with standard statins, was found to be effective without an increase in side effects.
- Wireless Carriers Say No To Anti-Theft ‘Kill Switch’ For Smartphones
November 20 2013 4:39 AM
The concern is that hackers could misuse the feature to disable phones used by legitimate owners.
- Iran Denies Secret Nuclear Site Claim
November 19 2013 6:50 AM
Tehran said the allegation by a Paris-based dissident group, ahead of a new round of nuclear talks scheduled this week, is “baseless.”
- Blasts In Attack On Iran's Embassy In Beirut Kill At Least 23
November 19 2013 4:46 AM
The blasts occurred in south Beirut, where Hezbollah, an ally of Iran and Syrian President Bashar Assad, is active.
- Exxon To Divest $3.4B Stake In Hong Kong Venture
November 19 2013 3:35 AM
The deal is the latest among a series of similar deals by American oil companies to channel funds back home.
- Federal Panel Says Wal-Mart Illegally Disciplined Workers
November 19 2013 1:02 AM
The retailer could be formally charged for threatening workers against protesting if it does not reach a settlement with the panel.
- Euro Zone Trade Surplus Beats Expectations
November 18 2013 6:41 AM
The surplus widened owing to increased exports and slightly lower imports, with Germany leading the gains.
- Workers In Qatar Treated Like 'Animals:' Amnesty
November 18 2013 5:28 AM
Many foreign workers in Qatar have their passports held by employers and are subjected to blackmail, low pay and long work hours, a report says.
- Wal-Mart Finds Safety Issues In Its Bangladesh Supply Chain
November 18 2013 2:29 AM
The retailer had launched an inspection of all the factories it sources garments from, following the Rana Plaza disaster in April.
- China’s Housing Prices Rise For Tenth Straight Month
November 18 2013 1:08 AM
Although yearly increases continued, housing prices across 70 cities were slightly down in October compared to the previous month.
- US Offers $10M Reward To Capture Benghazi Attackers
November 16 2013 10:53 AM
The State Department said the reward has been in place since January, but it was not publicized due to security concerns.
- Forbes Media Up For Sale
November 16 2013 10:46 AM
The family-run company, established in 1917, has hired Deutsche Bank to identify potential buyers.
- House Republicans In Impeachment Move Against Eric Holder
November 14 2013 6:54 AM
Holder has been criticized for his role in a bungled federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious and several other scandals.
- Euro Zone Economic Recovery Loses Momentum
November 14 2013 5:51 AM
Third quarter GDP figures showed that the bloc is not yet ready to tackle high unemployment and deflation risks.
- French Economy Shrinks, Germany Holds On To Growth
November 14 2013 3:11 AM
French GDP missed expectations amid slowing household spending and production of goods and services, and mounting trade deficit.
- Boeing’s 777X Deal Falls Through In Washington State
November 14 2013 2:24 AM
The company could now be forced to turn to states without strong unions or, to Japan, where it has an offer to begin production.
- Who Is Wen Ruchun? Former Chinese Premier's Daughter At Heart Of JPMorgan Deal
November 14 2013 2:03 AM
The New York-based bank has been accused of hiring a consulting firm run anonymously by Wen Jiabao’s daughter.
- UK Jobless Rate Fall Kindles Hopes Of Faster Job Creation
November 13 2013 6:31 AM
The latest fall in the unemployment rate suggests it could reach the key 7 percent threshold earlier than expected.
- New Guidelines Recommend Statins For More Americans
November 13 2013 3:53 AM
The far-reaching guidelines suggest a shift in treating heart diseases and offer a new formula to assess risk based on race and gender.
- Starbucks To Pay $2.76B To Mondelez In Packaged Coffee Dispute
November 13 2013 1:05 AM
The coffee chain expressed strong disagreement with the ruling, but it says the company has the resources to make the payment.