- Washington Sends Mixed Signals In China Air Defense Zone Row
December 03 2013 1:07 AM
Joe Biden called on Japan and China to find ways to build confidence, while the State Department asked China to cancel no-fly zone rules.
- Biden’s East Asia Trip A Balancing Act
December 02 2013 6:55 AM
Japan expects Washington’s support in its air defense zone dispute with China, but the vice president also needs to diffuse tensions with Beijing.
- UK Manufacturing Shines, Euro Zone Recovery On Track
December 02 2013 5:54 AM
The latest PMI data show that the UK recorded a 19-year high in output and new order growth, while the euro zone continues to recover.
- Editor Of India’s Tehelka Magazine Questioned After Arrest
December 02 2013 4:12 AM
Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a colleague on two occasions, has denied the allegations.
- Healthcare.gov Up And Running Smoothly: White House
December 02 2013 1:51 AM
The Obama administration now faces the challenge of promoting Obamacare enrollment without driving up the website's traffic too much.
- ArcelorMittal, Nippon Steel To Buy ThyssenKrupp’s US Plant
November 30 2013 11:45 AM
The $1.55 billion deal follows an 18-month bidding process involving the world’s top steelmakers.
- Japan Seeks UN Probe Of China's Air Defense Zone
November 30 2013 11:17 AM
The U.S. is asking airlines to report their flight plans to the Chinese, while rejecting the claim.
- Could A Solar Panel Belt Around The Moon Solve Earth’s Energy Problems?
November 29 2013 5:33 AM
A Japanese construction company has proposed a “lunar solar power generation concept” for inexhaustible, clean energy.
- Thai Protests Continue Unabated, Demonstrators Storm Army HQ
November 29 2013 3:54 AM
Protesters are demanding the ouster of Yingluck Shinawatra’s government and propose to replace it with an unelected “people’s council.”
- China’s No-Fly Zone Tests Delicate Security Balance In Asia
November 29 2013 1:25 AM
Amid rising tensions with the U.S., Japan and South Korea, Beijing said its East China Sea air defense zone is an act of “self-defense.”
- Japan's Manufacturing Sector Surges But Inflation Fails To Keep Up
November 28 2013 8:00 PM
If export orders keep up the momentum, it may offset an expected weakening of domestic demand when Japan hikes sales tax in April 2014.
- Carbon Trading Kicks Off In Beijing
November 28 2013 6:12 AM
During Thursday’s trading, emissions allowance fetched 50 yuan ($8.2) a permit, which represents one ton of carbon dioxide.
- Judge Rules In Favor Of Apple In Privacy Lawsuit
November 28 2013 3:33 AM
- Thai PM Emerges Unscathed In Parliament Vote Amid Protests
November 28 2013 1:07 AM
Yingluck Shinawatra won a no-confidence vote, as protesters aim to topple a government they say is controlled by Yingluck’s brother Thaksin.
- German Parties Reach Grand Coalition Deal
November 27 2013 6:20 AM
Angela Merkel will be sworn in after the Social Democrats voted on an agreement that was reached Tues. night after two months of negotiations.
- Second UK Q3 GDP Reading: Growth Confirmed
November 27 2013 5:14 AM
The UK grew at its fastest rate in three years, but the pace of growth continues to stay below pre-recession levels.
- Blast Near India’s Controversial Kudankulam Nuclear Plant Kills 6
November 27 2013 3:05 AM
India’s home ministry said a bomb went off “accidentally,” even as authorities examine possible involvement of the facility’s opponents.
- China ‘Will Face Ridicule’ If It Does Not Respond To US B-52s
November 27 2013 1:20 AM
In a direct challenge to Beijing the Pentagon ordered two unarmed B-52 bombers to fly over China’s new air defense zone in the East China Sea.
- NATO’s Afghan Supply Route Blocked In Pakistan
November 26 2013 7:48 AM
The Pakistani government said it did not support the blockade by irate locals who are protesting against U.S. drone strikes in the country.
- South Africa’s Economy Slows In Q3
November 26 2013 5:23 AM
Africa’s largest economy slowed more than analysts expected, amid labor strikes and a crippling power crisis.