Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Forbes Media Up For Sale
November 16 2013 10:46 AM
The family-run company, established in 1917, has hired Deutsche Bank to identify potential buyers.
- House Republicans In Impeachment Move Against Eric Holder
November 14 2013 6:54 AM
Holder has been criticized for his role in a bungled federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious and several other scandals.
- Euro Zone Economic Recovery Loses Momentum
November 14 2013 5:51 AM
Third quarter GDP figures showed that the bloc is not yet ready to tackle high unemployment and deflation risks.
- French Economy Shrinks, Germany Holds On To Growth
November 14 2013 3:11 AM
French GDP missed expectations amid slowing household spending and production of goods and services, and mounting trade deficit.
- Boeing’s 777X Deal Falls Through In Washington State
November 14 2013 2:24 AM
The company could now be forced to turn to states without strong unions or, to Japan, where it has an offer to begin production.
- Who Is Wen Ruchun? Former Chinese Premier's Daughter At Heart Of JPMorgan Deal
November 14 2013 2:03 AM
The New York-based bank has been accused of hiring a consulting firm run anonymously by Wen Jiabao’s daughter.
- UK Jobless Rate Fall Kindles Hopes Of Faster Job Creation
November 13 2013 6:31 AM
The latest fall in the unemployment rate suggests it could reach the key 7 percent threshold earlier than expected.
- New Guidelines Recommend Statins For More Americans
November 13 2013 3:53 AM
The far-reaching guidelines suggest a shift in treating heart diseases and offer a new formula to assess risk based on race and gender.
- Starbucks To Pay $2.76B To Mondelez In Packaged Coffee Dispute
November 13 2013 1:05 AM
The coffee chain expressed strong disagreement with the ruling, but it says the company has the resources to make the payment.
- UK Inflation Lowest Since Last September
November 12 2013 6:00 AM
The rise in UK consumer prices in October was lower than estimated, due to a drop in fuel prices and airfares amid a strong pound.
- Emirates Group Revenues Up 13%, Airline Boosts Capacity
November 12 2013 4:14 AM
State-owned Emirates is seen as one of the world’s most successful airline companies, although its rivals say it receives government assistance.
- Philippines Receives Help From Around The World
November 12 2013 1:42 AM
As the Philippines struggles to assess the full impact of the deadly Typhoon Haiyan, the world is sending in cash, supplies and personnel.
- JAL Reports Boeing 787 Battery Glitch On Helsinki-Tokyo Flight
November 11 2013 7:53 AM
The plane's overheating battery system was the main reason for the FAA to ground the Dreamliner fleet in January.
- Novartis Sells Transfusion Unit to Grifols
November 11 2013 7:26 AM
Grifols will fund the $1.68 billion purchase, which will help expand its diagnostics unit, with a loan, increasing the company’s debt.
- Successive Attacks Put Spotlight On Piracy In Asia’s Oil Chokepoint
November 11 2013 5:47 AM
Pirates hijacked an oil tanker last week for the second time in a month in the Malacca Strait, one of the world’s busiest shipping channels.
- India’s Trade Deficit Widens In October
November 11 2013 3:23 AM
Trade deficit rose in October after hitting an 18-month low in September that analysts had described as unsustainable.
- USPS To Deliver On Sundays For Amazon
November 11 2013 2:26 AM
Package deliveries are seen as the last refuge for the loss-making postal service, as the Internet decimates paper mail.
- Chrysler Recalls 1.2 Million Trucks
November 09 2013 1:07 PM
The recall is mainly in the U.S., but also covers vehicles shipped to Canada and Mexico and to regions outside North America.
- Seizures Of Meth Reach Record Highs In Asia
November 09 2013 11:01 AM
Methamphetamine is now the first or second most common illicit drug in a majority of Pacific countries.
- Wal-Mart Continues To Draw Angelenos’ Ire
November 08 2013 6:30 AM
Protests at an L.A. Wal-Mart store included teachers, nurses and activists, and ended in dozens of arrests.