- Is Methane A Bigger Climate Change Risk Than The EPA Thinks?
November 26 2013 4:07 AM
A new comprehensive study has found that the U.S. is emitting 50 percent more methane than the federal agency estimates.
- FDA Rolls Back Restrictions For Glaxo's Avandia
November 26 2013 2:10 AM
The ruling may boost U.S. sales of Avandia, which was one of the world’s top-selling diabetes drugs before it was linked to heart attacks.
- India Has Laws Against Workplace Harassment, But Does Anyone Care?
November 25 2013 7:05 AM
An Indian investigative magazine, whose founder is now accused of sexual assault, admitted that it is not equipped to handle such incidents.
- Mon Futures Point To Higher Open
November 25 2013 6:18 AM
A tentative nuclear pact, reached among Iran, the U.S. and world powers, lifted world markets, even as oil prices fell.
- US States, Foreign Bidders Vying For Boeing 777X Deal
November 25 2013 3:32 AM
Boeing was urged to build 777X parts in the U.S. to avoid the 787’s issues, amid reports the project could go to Japan or the Middle East.
- JAL Pulls Dreamliner From Two International Routes
November 23 2013 12:27 PM
Japan Airlines said it was alerted by Boeing about icing problems in 787 engines made by General Electric.
- Comcast, Charter In Talks To Jointly Buy Time Warner Cable
November 23 2013 12:10 PM
Comcast, the largest U.S. cable company, could face regulatory difficulties if it goes it alone in a takeover of Time Warner Cable.
- US/GM Break-up Soon
November 22 2013 6:23 AM
Under the current plan, the taxpayer is likely to incur a loss of about $10 billion.
- Boeing Cargo Jet Takes Off Safely After Mistaken Landing
November 22 2013 5:05 AM
The Atlas Airlines aircraft had landed at a Kansas airport that was too small to handle the giant plane.
- North Korea Could Improve Ties By Releasing Detained Americans: US
November 21 2013 11:22 PM
Secretary of State Kerry referred to the detention of an 85-year-old California man as one of many “disturbing choices by the North Koreans.”
- Euro Zone Manufacturing Upbeat As Service Sector Slows
November 21 2013 7:24 AM
Growth in the euro zone’s factory activity in November was largely confined to Germany, while the French manufacturing and service sectors contracted.
- NSA Stored UK Data Under Intelligence Pact: Report
November 21 2013 6:06 AM
Documents leaked by Edward Snowden reveal that British officials allowed the NSA to scrutinize nonsuspect UK citizens’ data.
- US, Afghanistan Agree On Draft Security Pact
November 21 2013 4:24 AM
If the agreement isn't finalized, the U.S. may withdraw all of its forces by the end of 2014, leading to a security vacuum.
- Spanish Court Orders Arrest Of Ex-China President Jiang Zemin Over Tibet
November 20 2013 8:18 AM
Beijing rebuffed the case filed by Tibetan activists as “absurd” and demanded clarification from the Spanish government.
- Amgen’s Heart Drug Cut Cholesterol By Half In Testing
November 20 2013 7:26 AM
The experimental drug, when used with standard statins, was found to be effective without an increase in side effects.
- Wireless Carriers Say No To Anti-Theft ‘Kill Switch’ For Smartphones
November 20 2013 4:39 AM
The concern is that hackers could misuse the feature to disable phones used by legitimate owners.
- Iran Denies Secret Nuclear Site Claim
November 19 2013 6:50 AM
Tehran said the allegation by a Paris-based dissident group, ahead of a new round of nuclear talks scheduled this week, is “baseless.”
- Blasts In Attack On Iran's Embassy In Beirut Kill At Least 23
November 19 2013 4:46 AM
The blasts occurred in south Beirut, where Hezbollah, an ally of Iran and Syrian President Bashar Assad, is active.
- Exxon To Divest $3.4B Stake In Hong Kong Venture
November 19 2013 3:35 AM
The deal is the latest among a series of similar deals by American oil companies to channel funds back home.
- Federal Panel Says Wal-Mart Illegally Disciplined Workers
November 19 2013 1:02 AM
The retailer could be formally charged for threatening workers against protesting if it does not reach a settlement with the panel.