Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- China Opens Up Stock Markets To US Investors
November 07 2013 3:46 AM
Chinese regulators enabled asset-management firms to offer yuan-linked ETFs, which had previously been exclusive to Chinese investors.
- Saudi Arabia Close To Getting Nuclear Weapons From Pakistan
November 07 2013 1:19 AM
The kingdom is increasingly worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions as the U.S. and Tehran prep for another round of talks in Geneva on Thursday.
- Oct. Euro Zone Service Sector: More Rays Of Light
November 06 2013 5:55 AM
Growth continued in October for the fourth straight month, but employment fell except in Ireland and France.
- Washington State Voters Say No To Labeling GM Foods
November 06 2013 4:48 AM
A record $22 million were raised against the initiative, which would have made the state the first in the U.S. to enact such a law.
- Washington State Set To Bag Boeing 777X Production
November 06 2013 2:16 AM
The three-way deal between Boeing, state lawmakers and the main workers’ union is key to securing the future of the region’s aerospace industry.
- Blasts Reported In China’s Shanxi Province
November 06 2013 12:11 AM
A series of crude bombs exploded outside the Communist Party headquarters in Taiyuan, located 310 miles southwest of Beijing.
- Etisalat Buys Majority Maroc Telecom Stake From Vivendi
November 05 2013 6:42 AM
The $5.7 billion deal helps Abu Dhabi-based Etisalat to continue expanding overseas while Vivendi trims its worldwide operations.
- India Launches Its First Spacecraft To Mars
November 05 2013 5:32 AM
The $73 million project, while launching India to space glory, raises questions about its affordability in a nation where millions starve.
- Will John Chen Be BlackBerry's Savior?
November 05 2013 3:10 AM
John Chen has been named CEO of the troubled Canadian smartphone maker, which will receive a $1 billion debt offering from investors.
- J&J To Settle Massive Healthcare Fraud Case
November 05 2013 12:50 AM
The $2.2 billion settlement with the Justice Department resolves multiple claims involving antipsychotics and heart-failure drugs.
- China’s BYD Says It Will Hire People In California
November 04 2013 6:42 AM
The announcement follows a state investigation into the Warren Buffett-backed company’s labor law violations.
- Euro Zone: Factory Data Up, But Jobs Languish
November 04 2013 5:16 AM
Despite another uptick in factory activity, most nations recorded job losses in the sector for the twenty-first straight month.
- Anadarko Eyes China Interests Sale For $1B
November 04 2013 3:37 AM
The move comes at a time when American companies are increasingly giving up international projects to invest back home.
- Kerry Tries To Calm Saudi Nerves Over Syria, Iran
November 04 2013 1:06 AM
Kerry landed in Riyadh on Sunday night for the second leg of his 10-day tour of the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
- Pakistani Taliban To Choose New Leader
November 02 2013 11:22 AM
Top leadership of the militant movement met on Saturday to find a replacement for Hakimullah Mehsud, recently killed in a drone strike.
- Popular Egyptian Satirist’s TV Show Suspended
November 02 2013 10:30 AM
Egypt’s CBC channel said Bassem Youssef’s show “El-Bernameg” was dropped due to disagreements regarding editorial policies.
- Stubborn Unemployment, Weak Inflation Raise Pressure On ECB
October 31 2013 7:35 AM
The uncooperative economic indicators dash hopes of a turnaround and could force the ECB into easing monetary policy further.
- Syria Destroys Chemical Weapons Equipment: OPCW
October 31 2013 6:17 AM
Syria fulfilled its obligations a day before the deadline set by The Hague-based OPCW.
- German Consumer Confidence Forecast Falls
October 31 2013 4:24 AM
Despite the slip in forecast for November, GfK said a previous estimate on consumer spending for all of 2013 remains steady.
- PwC To Buy Consulting Firm Booz & Co.
October 31 2013 3:32 AM
As memories of the Enron scandal fade, audit firms are in a push to get back into the lucrative consulting business.