Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Euro Zone Trade Surplus Beats Expectations
November 18 2013 6:41 AM
The surplus widened owing to increased exports and slightly lower imports, with Germany leading the gains.
- Workers In Qatar Treated Like 'Animals:' Amnesty
November 18 2013 5:28 AM
Many foreign workers in Qatar have their passports held by employers and are subjected to blackmail, low pay and long work hours, a report says.
- Wal-Mart Finds Safety Issues In Its Bangladesh Supply Chain
November 18 2013 2:29 AM
The retailer had launched an inspection of all the factories it sources garments from, following the Rana Plaza disaster in April.
- China’s Housing Prices Rise For Tenth Straight Month
November 18 2013 1:08 AM
Although yearly increases continued, housing prices across 70 cities were slightly down in October compared to the previous month.
- US Offers $10M Reward To Capture Benghazi Attackers
November 16 2013 10:53 AM
The State Department said the reward has been in place since January, but it was not publicized due to security concerns.
- Forbes Media Up For Sale
November 16 2013 10:46 AM
The family-run company, established in 1917, has hired Deutsche Bank to identify potential buyers.
- House Republicans In Impeachment Move Against Eric Holder
November 14 2013 6:54 AM
Holder has been criticized for his role in a bungled federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious and several other scandals.
- Euro Zone Economic Recovery Loses Momentum
November 14 2013 5:51 AM
Third quarter GDP figures showed that the bloc is not yet ready to tackle high unemployment and deflation risks.
- French Economy Shrinks, Germany Holds On To Growth
November 14 2013 3:11 AM
French GDP missed expectations amid slowing household spending and production of goods and services, and mounting trade deficit.
- Boeing’s 777X Deal Falls Through In Washington State
November 14 2013 2:24 AM
The company could now be forced to turn to states without strong unions or, to Japan, where it has an offer to begin production.
- Who Is Wen Ruchun? Former Chinese Premier's Daughter At Heart Of JPMorgan Deal
November 14 2013 2:03 AM
The New York-based bank has been accused of hiring a consulting firm run anonymously by Wen Jiabao’s daughter.
- UK Jobless Rate Fall Kindles Hopes Of Faster Job Creation
November 13 2013 6:31 AM
The latest fall in the unemployment rate suggests it could reach the key 7 percent threshold earlier than expected.
- New Guidelines Recommend Statins For More Americans
November 13 2013 3:53 AM
The far-reaching guidelines suggest a shift in treating heart diseases and offer a new formula to assess risk based on race and gender.
- Starbucks To Pay $2.76B To Mondelez In Packaged Coffee Dispute
November 13 2013 1:05 AM
The coffee chain expressed strong disagreement with the ruling, but it says the company has the resources to make the payment.
- UK Inflation Lowest Since Last September
November 12 2013 6:00 AM
The rise in UK consumer prices in October was lower than estimated, due to a drop in fuel prices and airfares amid a strong pound.
- Emirates Group Revenues Up 13%, Airline Boosts Capacity
November 12 2013 4:14 AM
State-owned Emirates is seen as one of the world’s most successful airline companies, although its rivals say it receives government assistance.
- Philippines Receives Help From Around The World
November 12 2013 1:42 AM
As the Philippines struggles to assess the full impact of the deadly Typhoon Haiyan, the world is sending in cash, supplies and personnel.
- JAL Reports Boeing 787 Battery Glitch On Helsinki-Tokyo Flight
November 11 2013 7:53 AM
The plane's overheating battery system was the main reason for the FAA to ground the Dreamliner fleet in January.
- Novartis Sells Transfusion Unit to Grifols
November 11 2013 7:26 AM
Grifols will fund the $1.68 billion purchase, which will help expand its diagnostics unit, with a loan, increasing the company’s debt.
- Successive Attacks Put Spotlight On Piracy In Asia’s Oil Chokepoint
November 11 2013 5:47 AM
Pirates hijacked an oil tanker last week for the second time in a month in the Malacca Strait, one of the world’s busiest shipping channels.