Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Euro Zone Service Sector Disappoints In October
October 24 2013 6:25 AM
However, the poor performance may be a blip and should not raise doubts about the euro zone's overall recovery.
- Pakistan Secretly Approved Of US Drone Strikes: Report
October 24 2013 5:00 AM
CIA documents reveal that U.S. drone attacks, which are unpopular among Pakistani citizens, have covert support of the Pakistani government.
- Local Indian Airlines Struggle As Industry Stalls
October 24 2013 2:43 AM
The pricing strategy of domestic carriers, which is heavily partial to undercutting competitors is hurting their business, analysts say.
- Chinese Factory Activity Jumps To 7-Month High
October 23 2013 10:37 PM
The uptick in manufacturing suggests the possibility of a strong pick-up in growth in the fourth quarter.
- China, India Agree Not To Initiate Border Hostility
October 23 2013 8:04 AM
The two nuclear-armed neighbors signed nine agreements during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Beijing.
- UK H2 Growth Could Beat Previous Estimates
October 23 2013 6:20 AM
The bank's policy meeting also showed concern about the short-term future of the euro zone and the impact of the U.S. government shutdown.
- US Hits Back At Criticism Against Drone Strikes
October 23 2013 4:07 AM
To do nothing in the face of terrorism would invite far more civilian deaths, a US spokesperson said, reiterating Obama’s remarks in May.
- Broadcom To Cut 1,150 Jobs
October 23 2013 1:52 AM
The Q4 revenue forecast of the chip maker, which has been struggling amid rapid advancement in hand-held devices, missed expectations.
- Russia Extends Helping Hand To India In Energy Security
October 22 2013 6:46 AM
The two nations are close to finalizing additional units to a joint nuclear plant in India, and plan to improve trade in oil, gas and aviation.
- BART Strike Ends
October 22 2013 3:25 AM
Some trains will be up and running on Tuesday morning, but full service may not be restored until later in the day.
- Giant Brazilian Oil Discovery Rights Go To Global Consortium
October 22 2013 2:29 AM
The Libra oil field, off Brazil's southeast coast, is said to contain up to 12 billion barrels of oil.
- China’s Housing Prices Rise For Ninth Month
October 21 2013 10:37 PM
The uptick in new housing prices across major cities continues despite the government’s efforts to cool the real estate market.
- Will Bangladeshi Garment Workers Get Their Due?
October 21 2013 7:57 AM
Workers demanding a pay hike might yet discover there is a significant difference between the cup and the lip.
- Egypt’s Coptic Christians: Still Targeted
October 21 2013 5:54 AM
Assailants fired indiscriminately as they drove by a church unguarded by police, killing four and injuring 17.
- BHP Billiton Hits Regulatory Roadblock In India
October 21 2013 3:34 AM
The Australian mining company had won rights to explore oil and natural gas fields in India, but failed to secure government clearance.
- Japan Industry Activity Lags Expectations
October 21 2013 1:39 AM
A host of official economic indicators from Japan suggest a slight slowdown in growth.
- Drone Attacks In Pakistan Killed 2,200 In Last 10 Years: UN
October 19 2013 2:44 PM
A U.N. report said such attacks set a dangerous precedent.
- Illinois Supreme Court Axes ‘Amazon Tax’
October 19 2013 11:22 AM
The ruling invalidates a state law that levied a sales tax on goods purchased from out-of-state Internet retailers.
- India Orders Search After Holy Man Dreams Of Ancient Gold Hoard
October 18 2013 7:12 AM
However, archaeologists warned that they are yet to find any proof of the treasure claimed to be worth $50 billion.
- Armed US Ship’s Crew Arrested In India
October 18 2013 5:32 AM
The ship’s operator said the vessel had entered the port of Tuticorin to refuel and to escape the effects of Typhoon Phailin.