- India’s Trade Deficit Widens In October
November 11 2013 3:23 AM
Trade deficit rose in October after hitting an 18-month low in September that analysts had described as unsustainable.
- USPS To Deliver On Sundays For Amazon
November 11 2013 2:26 AM
Package deliveries are seen as the last refuge for the loss-making postal service, as the Internet decimates paper mail.
- Chrysler Recalls 1.2 Million Trucks
November 09 2013 1:07 PM
The recall is mainly in the U.S., but also covers vehicles shipped to Canada and Mexico and to regions outside North America.
- Seizures Of Meth Reach Record Highs In Asia
November 09 2013 11:01 AM
Methamphetamine is now the first or second most common illicit drug in a majority of Pacific countries.
- Wal-Mart Continues To Draw Angelenos’ Ire
November 08 2013 6:30 AM
Protests at an L.A. Wal-Mart store included teachers, nurses and activists, and ended in dozens of arrests.
- Could This Be The End Of Fast Food As You Know It?
November 08 2013 4:18 AM
Trans fat, a major cause of coronary heart disease, could soon be banned in the U.S., forcing food manufacturers to rethink their offerings.
- Who Did The IRS Pay Tax Refunds To In 2011?
November 08 2013 1:27 AM
The IRS refunded $3.6 billion in tax returns to fraudulent filers and is reported to be putting safeguards in place to reduce identity theft.
- China’s Trade Surplus Jumps, Riding On Exports
November 07 2013 11:07 PM
Export growth in October was well above expectations, but the 10-month annual trade growth rate remained below the government’s target.
- Should The NSA’s Top Leader Be A Civilian?
November 07 2013 7:00 AM
The potential change follows a string of controversies related to classified documents leaked by former defense contractor Edward Snowden.
- Sexual Assaults In The US Military Rising: Pentagon
November 07 2013 5:32 AM
New data was released by the Defense Department as a bill to minimize military commanders’ power in prosecuting such cases is set to be debated.
- China Opens Up Stock Markets To US Investors
November 07 2013 3:46 AM
Chinese regulators enabled asset-management firms to offer yuan-linked ETFs, which had previously been exclusive to Chinese investors.
- Saudi Arabia Close To Getting Nuclear Weapons From Pakistan
November 07 2013 1:19 AM
The kingdom is increasingly worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions as the U.S. and Tehran prep for another round of talks in Geneva on Thursday.
- Oct. Euro Zone Service Sector: More Rays Of Light
November 06 2013 5:55 AM
Growth continued in October for the fourth straight month, but employment fell except in Ireland and France.
- Washington State Voters Say No To Labeling GM Foods
November 06 2013 4:48 AM
A record $22 million were raised against the initiative, which would have made the state the first in the U.S. to enact such a law.
- Washington State Set To Bag Boeing 777X Production
November 06 2013 2:16 AM
The three-way deal between Boeing, state lawmakers and the main workers’ union is key to securing the future of the region’s aerospace industry.
- Blasts Reported In China’s Shanxi Province
November 06 2013 12:11 AM
A series of crude bombs exploded outside the Communist Party headquarters in Taiyuan, located 310 miles southwest of Beijing.
- Etisalat Buys Majority Maroc Telecom Stake From Vivendi
November 05 2013 6:42 AM
The $5.7 billion deal helps Abu Dhabi-based Etisalat to continue expanding overseas while Vivendi trims its worldwide operations.
- India Launches Its First Spacecraft To Mars
November 05 2013 5:32 AM
The $73 million project, while launching India to space glory, raises questions about its affordability in a nation where millions starve.
- Will John Chen Be BlackBerry's Savior?
November 05 2013 3:10 AM
John Chen has been named CEO of the troubled Canadian smartphone maker, which will receive a $1 billion debt offering from investors.
- J&J To Settle Massive Healthcare Fraud Case
November 05 2013 12:50 AM
The $2.2 billion settlement with the Justice Department resolves multiple claims involving antipsychotics and heart-failure drugs.