Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- China’s BYD Says It Will Hire People In California
November 04 2013 6:42 AM
The announcement follows a state investigation into the Warren Buffett-backed company’s labor law violations.
- Euro Zone: Factory Data Up, But Jobs Languish
November 04 2013 5:16 AM
Despite another uptick in factory activity, most nations recorded job losses in the sector for the twenty-first straight month.
- Anadarko Eyes China Interests Sale For $1B
November 04 2013 3:37 AM
The move comes at a time when American companies are increasingly giving up international projects to invest back home.
- Kerry Tries To Calm Saudi Nerves Over Syria, Iran
November 04 2013 1:06 AM
Kerry landed in Riyadh on Sunday night for the second leg of his 10-day tour of the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
- Pakistani Taliban To Choose New Leader
November 02 2013 11:22 AM
Top leadership of the militant movement met on Saturday to find a replacement for Hakimullah Mehsud, recently killed in a drone strike.
- Popular Egyptian Satirist’s TV Show Suspended
November 02 2013 10:30 AM
Egypt’s CBC channel said Bassem Youssef’s show “El-Bernameg” was dropped due to disagreements regarding editorial policies.
- Stubborn Unemployment, Weak Inflation Raise Pressure On ECB
October 31 2013 7:35 AM
The uncooperative economic indicators dash hopes of a turnaround and could force the ECB into easing monetary policy further.
- Syria Destroys Chemical Weapons Equipment: OPCW
October 31 2013 6:17 AM
Syria fulfilled its obligations a day before the deadline set by The Hague-based OPCW.
- German Consumer Confidence Forecast Falls
October 31 2013 4:24 AM
Despite the slip in forecast for November, GfK said a previous estimate on consumer spending for all of 2013 remains steady.
- PwC To Buy Consulting Firm Booz & Co.
October 31 2013 3:32 AM
As memories of the Enron scandal fade, audit firms are in a push to get back into the lucrative consulting business.
- Are You Under 21? NYC Will Stop Selling You Cigarettes
October 31 2013 1:10 AM
The new age limit will come to force within six months and follows a ban on smoking in public places.
- Major Chinese Lenders Post Quarterly Earnings
October 30 2013 8:33 AM
AgBank’s September quarter profits rose the most among peers such as ICBC, BoC and BoCom.
- Euro Zone Sentiment Remains Upbeat, German Unemployment Rate Steady
October 30 2013 7:40 AM
The gains point to a modest recovery in the beginning of the fourth quarter, but the overall outlook remains sluggish.
- Spain Formally Exits 2-Year-Long Recession
October 30 2013 5:46 AM
The economic growth was attributed to developments in the country’s external sector.
- Tom Wheeler To Be New FCC Chief
October 30 2013 5:14 AM
The Obama nominee’s appointment was confirmed by the Senate after Sen. Ted Cruz withdrew his opposition.
- JPMorgan Chase Wants Cover From Criminal Prosecution
October 30 2013 3:04 AM
The bank’s $13 billion deal with the Justice Department dissolves civil charges but criminal charges could be brought in the future.
- Food Stamps Program Budget Set To Be Cut By $5B On Friday
October 29 2013 8:14 AM
About 47 million poor Americans, almost half of them children, will suffer the effects of the budget reduction.
- Infosys Facing Largest-Ever Visa Abuse Penalty In US
October 29 2013 7:25 AM
The Indian outsourcing firm may have to pay $35 million for using B-1 visas in place of H-1B visas to bring workers into the U.S.
- Debt-Ridden Petrobras Nearing $2B Deal With CNPC To Sell Peru Assets
October 29 2013 4:53 AM
Petrobras, which will begin exploring a deep-water oil discovery off Brazil's coast, is trying to raise cash for its projects at home.
- India's Central Bank Raises Key Interest Rate
October 29 2013 2:46 AM
The second consecutive interest rate hike comes amid stubborn inflation, which is likely to remain high in coming months.