Articles by Amrutha Gayathri
- Consol Energy Sells W.Va. Coal Mines For $3.5B
October 29 2013 2:19 AM
The sale of the mines comes amid the U.S. government’s attempts to impose limits on carbon emissions on power plants.
- Technical Glitch Hits Air India’s Dreamliner Flight
October 28 2013 8:06 AM
The plane returned to Melbourne, from where it originated, and resumed the flight to New Delhi after the issue was fixed.
- Wal-Mart Sticks To Lobbying Despite Indian Probe
October 28 2013 7:20 AM
The retail giant’s efforts to influence lawmakers have sparked uproar in the past in India, where lobbying is considered bribery.
- Italy’s Business Confidence Drops In October
October 28 2013 5:49 AM
Business confidence climate saw a decline in the service and retail trade sectors, causing the overall index to fall.
- India Overhauling Border Transport Infrastructure
October 28 2013 3:58 AM
India acknowledged in September that China had an upper hand in terms of infrastructure near the border.
- Tehran Takes Down Anti-American Posters
October 28 2013 2:05 AM
One poster shows a U.S. official negotiating in a formal jacket, paired with military trousers and boots, and reads: “American honesty.”
- Southeast Asia Wastes Up To 80% Of Rice Harvest
October 26 2013 12:27 PM
The loss of about 180 million tons a year of rice also represents poor use of land, energy and water resources, a U.K.-based group warned.
- Kraft Recalls String Cheese Products
October 26 2013 11:23 AM
About 735,000 cases of the affected products were shipped across the U.S.
- Will Bags No Longer Fly Free On Southwest Airlines?
October 25 2013 8:07 AM
U.S. airlines earned nearly $3.5 billion in fees from checked-in bags in 2012, up from $464 million in 2007.
- UK Q3 GDP Growth Highest Since 2010
October 25 2013 7:12 AM
The UK may have grown the fastest among the world's top seven economies in the September quarter, according to analysts.
- German IFO Index Drops Unexpectedly In October
October 25 2013 5:14 AM
The decline highlights the fragile recovery in the euro zone's biggest economy.
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- India's Biocon Beats Profit Expectations
October 25 2013 2:00 AM
The Bangalore-based company’s revenue growth was driven by an expansion in emerging markets and contract research business.
- Global Retail Brands Turn A Blind Eye To Bangladesh Disaster Survivors
October 24 2013 8:13 AM
The world’s worst garment-industry tragedy has left survivors dealing with physical and mental trauma, without adequate compensation.
- Euro Zone Service Sector Disappoints In October
October 24 2013 6:25 AM
However, the poor performance may be a blip and should not raise doubts about the euro zone's overall recovery.
- Pakistan Secretly Approved Of US Drone Strikes: Report
October 24 2013 5:00 AM
CIA documents reveal that U.S. drone attacks, which are unpopular among Pakistani citizens, have covert support of the Pakistani government.
- Local Indian Airlines Struggle As Industry Stalls
October 24 2013 2:43 AM
The pricing strategy of domestic carriers, which is heavily partial to undercutting competitors is hurting their business, analysts say.
- Chinese Factory Activity Jumps To 7-Month High
October 23 2013 10:37 PM
The uptick in manufacturing suggests the possibility of a strong pick-up in growth in the fourth quarter.
- China, India Agree Not To Initiate Border Hostility
October 23 2013 8:04 AM
The two nuclear-armed neighbors signed nine agreements during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Beijing.
- UK H2 Growth Could Beat Previous Estimates
October 23 2013 6:20 AM
The bank's policy meeting also showed concern about the short-term future of the euro zone and the impact of the U.S. government shutdown.