Articles by Andrew Berry
- Rare Book Sells For $14.2 Million At Auction
November 27 2013 4:40 PM
The first book printed in America sold for a record amount at a Sotheby's auction in New York.
- Pizza Hut Manager Fired For Refusing To Open On Thanksgiving?
November 27 2013 2:23 PM
"Why can't we be the company that stands up and says we care about our employees, and they can have the day off?" Tony Rohr said.
- Alec Baldwin's Show Canceled By MSNBC; Actor Fumes
November 26 2013 7:50 PM
Alec Baldwin's show has been canceled, just weeks after he allegedly used a gay slur against a photographer outside his apartment in New York City.
- School To Expel Black Girl For Refusing To Cut Hair
November 26 2013 6:20 PM
A 12-year-old African American girl in Florida is going to be expelled from school if she doesn't cut and shape her natural hair.
- Reports Of 'Self-Inflicted' HIV Infections In Greece Denied
November 26 2013 6:14 PM
A World Health Organization report that said half of HIV cases in Greece were "self-inflicte"' to receive state benefits is inaccurate.
- Chemist Jailed For Evidence Tampering
November 23 2013 6:30 PM
Annie Dookhan, the Massachusetts state chemist who faked drug evidence over a nine-year period, was sentenced to three to five years in prison.
- Brooklyn Man Charged With Hate Crime For 'Knockout Game' Attack
November 23 2013 5:06 PM
A Brooklyn man has been charged with a hate crime for suspicion of carrying out a "knockout game" attack, in which attackers try to knock out strangers with one punch.
- Zumba Prostitute Alexis Wright Released From Prison
November 23 2013 3:44 PM
Alexis Wright, the Zumba instructor who ran a prostitution business from her dance studio in Kennebunk, Maine, was released from prison for good behavior.
- Longest-Married U.S. Couple To Celebrate 81st Anniversary
November 23 2013 1:42 PM
John and Ann Betar, the longest-married couple in the United States, will celebrate their 81st wedding anniversary on Nov. 25.
- Virgin Galactic To Accept Bitcoin As Payment
November 22 2013 6:45 PM
Virgin Group founder Richard Branson announced that his space tourism company Virgin Galactic now accepts the virtual currency Bitcoin as payment.
- Scienstists Catch Break In Stonehenge Origin Mystery
November 22 2013 5:03 PM
A team of scientists say they have discovered the origin of the famous Stonehenge spotted dolerite bluestones, but the issue of transport remains a mystery.
- Jackie Kennedy's Pink Suit To Remain Hidden Until 2103
November 22 2013 2:34 PM
The pink suit worn by Jackie Kennedy is one of the most iconic images from the JFK assassination.
- Apple Gets $290M In Patent Retrial Against Samsung
November 21 2013 7:07 PM
The additional damages in the legal battle against the South Korean tech giant brings the total to $935 million.
- Survivor Of Two Plane Crashes To Play Basketball For Michigan
November 21 2013 5:23 PM
Austin Hatch, a 19-year-old basketball player who survived two plane crashes, has bounced back and will now play basketball for the University of Michigan.
- Third Man Wounded In JFK Assassination Looks Back, 50 Years Later
November 21 2013 3:25 PM
James Tague, the only man other than JFK and Texas Gov. John Connally wounded during the assassination, reflects on that day, 50 years later.
- Three Dead, Two Injured In Houston Shooting
November 20 2013 7:27 PM
It’s not known what caused the attack, which came 10 days after a shooting at a Cypress, Texas, house party that left two dead and 19 injured.
- JetBlue Flight Diverted After Slide Deploys Mid-Flight
November 20 2013 6:57 PM
It’s not currently known what caused the emergency evacuation slide to open.
- Son Of Federal Judge Commits Suicide In Las Vegas
November 20 2013 5:50 PM
Scott Greer Bybee, 26, reportedly walked into the courtyard of the Las Vegas Mormon Temple and fatally shot himself Tuesday night.
- Charles Manson Getting Married, Wannabe Wife Says
November 20 2013 4:45 PM
Infamous serial killer Charles Manson might soon tie the knot with a 25-year-old woman he named "Star."
- Woman Has Jewelry Implanted Onto Eyeball
November 20 2013 2:28 PM
A woman in New York had a piece of platinum heart-shaped jewelry surgically implanted onto her eyeball.