Articles by Angelo Young
- Is ‘New’ GM Responsible For What ‘Old’ GM Did?
March 10 2014 2:53 PM
General Motors Co. is only 4 years old. So who's responsible for the ignition issues dating back to 2004?
- Volvo’s PR Flub In China Shows Why Social Media Managers Matter
March 10 2014 10:54 AM
The Sweden-based, Chinese-owned automaker just learned a valuable lesson on outsourcing social media marketing.
- When Is A Drone A Model Aircraft?
March 07 2014 12:46 PM
Drones will not be used to deliver pizza, but current regulations are lacking as to how they can be used.
- Here's Your Next Chance To See Edward Snowden Speak
March 07 2014 10:18 AM
The man the U.S. government would really like to get its hands on will answer questions from the public on Monday.
- How Budget Cuts Have Grown One Part Of US Defense Spending
March 07 2014 6:52 AM
The OGS fund reintroduced defense spending that would otherwise be cut, and its growth has exploded since 2013.
- Why Ford's China Sales Uptrend Doesn't Tell The Whole Story
March 06 2014 9:35 AM
Ford is working hard to become a significant presence in China, where it surpassed Honda and Toyota in sales volume last year.
- Did Washington State’s Minimum Wage Bet Pay Off?
March 05 2014 1:59 PM
Since 1999, Washington has had the most generous U.S. state minimum wage. Here’s what happened to its jobless figures.
- February US Auto Sales Frozen, Waiting For Spring
March 03 2014 6:16 PM
Sales for the month just ended missed analysts' forecasts thanks to what has been in the weather forecast.
- Not Even The Silverado Could Prevent A February GM Sales Chill
March 03 2014 7:02 AM
General Motors saw sales retreat this winter; a bright spot: Inventories declined from three-digit territory.
- Just Who Is Buying Plug-In Electric Cars?
February 28 2014 12:25 PM
A new poll shows a correlation between the model of plug-in electric car and the motivation for choosing it.
- Just How Bad Were February US Auto Sales Slowed By 'Old Man Winter'?
February 28 2014 7:23 AM
Freezing weather is likely made for tepid U.S. new-auto sales traffic. Incentives continue to climb. Look for deals as we head toward spring.
- What Do You Do When You Find A Hoard Of Old Gold Coins?
February 27 2014 5:47 AM
A New York-based numismatist talks to IBTimes about how the marketplace for old coins works.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks In The Doldrums
February 26 2014 6:06 AM
Japan doesn’t want to lift trade barriers. U.S. liberals want Obama to stick to his past pledges on fast-track authority.
- For Europe's Economy, A Ray Of Light
February 25 2014 11:52 AM
The European Commission has raised its EU and eurozone GDP forecasts, but austerity measures are nowhere near over.
- You Won’t Believe Where Electric Car Demand Is Growing Fastest In US
February 24 2014 3:48 PM
Los Angeles is home to the largest number of electric vehicles, but no, it's not the fastest growing U.S. market.
- For The Cherokee Nation, A Minimum Wage Increase
February 24 2014 12:30 PM
Wage affects tribal government workers. The tribe’s private sector corporation (and federal contractor) currently starts employees at $9.36 per hour.
- Researchers Baffled Over Paralysis Outbreak In California
February 24 2014 10:19 AM
Experts wonder whether a virus exhibiting polio-like symptoms that has been reported elsewhere in the world may have reached California.
- Why Mexico Could Be Number 2 In New-Car Exports To US
February 22 2014 10:30 AM
Mexico, the poor southern partner in the NAFTA triad, has seen explosive growth in auto manufacturing in the past two decades.
- Pickup Nation - Why Buyers Are Snapping Up Ram 1500 Diesel
February 21 2014 12:20 PM
Will 2014 be a great year for the maker of Dodge, Jeep and Ram vehicles?
- Lotus C-O1: Now That's A Muscle Bike
February 20 2014 12:18 PM
The first motorbike to bear the Lotus name is ready for production after two years of development.