- A tropical depression that could become Tropical Storm Bonnie was veering northward late Friday.
- Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards signed a “Blue Lives Matter” bill that passed with strong bipartisan support.
- Foxconn is among hundreds of companies rapidly shifting to automation in China’s electronics-manufacturing region.
- A federal appeals court overturned a jury finding that Bank of America was responsible for unloading toxic loans on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Toney Chaplin — who replaced Chief Greg Suhr on Thursday — says the devices are part of a plan to reform the city's scandal-wracked force.