- Auto Industry's Contribution To GDP Is Up, By A Lot
July 30 2014 4:00 PM
Three years ago, the automotive market's contribution to the U.S. economy was contracting. Not any more.
- Hyundai Recalls 880,000 Cars That Could Just Roll Away
July 30 2014 10:32 AM
South Korean automaker Hyundai says 880,000 Sonata sedans in the U.S. won’t shift into the ‘park’ position.
- Driver-Free In The UK
July 30 2014 10:27 AM
Britain says it won’t fell behind in the push to make self-driving cars a thing on its roads.
- July Auto Sales Pumped By Borrowing
July 29 2014 3:22 PM
Americans are borrowing more than ever before to buy new cars. That’s good for the industry — for now.
- SpaceX’s Bold Vision To Dominate The Solar System
July 29 2014 10:47 AM
SpaceX’s president sees her company becoming the most widely used interplanetary cargo company by the end of the century.
- Could Reno, Nevada, Win Tesla’s Gigafactory Bid?
July 28 2014 3:48 PM
Tesla will reveal more details this week about its battery factory.
- SEC: US Gunmaker Bribed Pakistani Police
July 28 2014 3:23 PM
Smith & Wesson ordered to pay $2 million for playing dirty in “high-risk markets” by bribing or attempting to bribe.
- Congress Could Soon Repeal Human Trafficking Law
July 27 2014 3:59 PM
Two Texas lawmakers hope Congress will repeal a human-trafficking law before month-long break.
- Desalination Looking More Appealing For California
July 27 2014 2:50 PM
Drought stricken California may finally be coming to terms with desalination, for better or worse.
- Costa Concordia Arrives In Genoa
July 27 2014 12:44 PM
Crippled Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia docks in northern Italy. Will the remains of 33-year-old waiter Russel Rebello be found?
- 3 Banks Accused Of Manipulating Silver Prices
July 27 2014 11:23 AM
First gold, now silver. A new lawsuit accuses top banks of rigging the daily silver benchmark price.
- Boko Haram Kidnaps Wife Of Cameroon Vice Prime Minister
July 27 2014 10:15 AM
Nigeria says the Islamist militants want to gain traction in neighboring Cameroon.
- Chevrolet Cobalt Resale Value Is Plummeting
July 24 2014 4:44 PM
Used Chevrolet Cobalts, Saturn Ions and other models named in the GM ignition switch recalls are losing value fast.
- Hope For SpaceX As US-Russia Relations Sour
July 23 2014 4:34 PM
The U.S. military relies on Russia to get its satellites into orbit. SpaceX says it has a fix for that.
- GM Q2 Earning Report Spotlights Recall Costs
July 23 2014 4:05 PM
Apparently, American car buyers are a forgiving bunch. GM expected to show quarterly revenue growth.
- Great Wall Motors Sees China Sedan Sales Plummet
July 23 2014 11:00 AM
China's eighth-largest car company says its country's flagging sedan sales are hurting profitability.
- Apple Sued By 20,000 Retail Workers For Alleged Labor Violations
July 23 2014 9:34 AM
Thousands of current and former retail workers say Apple ignored California law regarding timely work breaks.
- Tesla Stocking Up On Robotics
July 22 2014 11:22 AM
The Palo Alto electric car company is preparing for Model X crossover production by closing factory production for two weeks.
- GIFs Show Decades Of Car Design Evolution In Seconds
July 21 2014 5:10 PM
The Mustang, Corvette, Accord and 3-Series are some of the most recognized cars, but they’re change a lot over the decades.
- NASA Responds To Air Force Letter Criticizing SpaceX Missions
July 21 2014 2:54 PM
The U.S. Air Force says SpaceX launch procedures have ‘anomalies’ that prevent it from being certified for military missions.