- August US Auto Sales Forecast: It's Chrysler's Month
August 30 2014 6:30 AM
Chrysler surpasses Honda this month. Labor Day weekend should pump sales for August to 1.5 million vehicles.
- Rolls Royce Ghost II Wheels Into Chengdu Motor Show
August 29 2014 4:36 PM
Chinese car enthusiasts got their first glimpse of a Rolls Royce with features that give a nod to the local culture.
- Tesla Inks Deal With China Mobile Phone Company
August 29 2014 11:13 AM
Tesla has partnered with China’s second-largest mobile phone company to build charging stations for electric cars in 120 cities.
- First 2015 Ford Mustang Rolls Off The Lot In Michigan
August 28 2014 12:24 PM
The next-generation American muscle car will steer to 120 countries this fall.
- Suddenly, Mexico Is A Major Auto Manufacturer
August 27 2014 7:04 PM
Kia is setting up a billion-dollar factory in Mexico, which has attracted nearly $10 billion in similar investments in just three years.
- Ford Focus AWD Super Hatch? Maybe ...
August 27 2014 12:29 PM
Ford revived its souped-up Focus hatchback in Europe in 2009. Now, it could get all-wheel drive and head to America.
- Six Observations From A Tesla Factory Tour
August 26 2014 5:02 PM
Tesla Motors has greatly expanded its production capacity -- and there are no cash registers in the cafeterias.
- GM: Worker Didn’t Tighten Bolts Well Enough
August 26 2014 2:20 PM
An employee at GM’s Ontario factory didn’t apply adequate torque to bolts in more than 100 Canadian-manufactured Buicks, Chevrolets, Cadillacs.
- 2016 Volvo XC90 Specs Revealed
August 26 2014 12:30 PM
Volvo’s second-generation crossover will test the company’s transition from U.S. to Chinese ownership.
- For Chinese Automakers, Profitability Comes From Partnerships
August 25 2014 4:40 PM
China’s private car companies can’t seem to compete in a market where state-owned giants have access to foreign technology.
- VW Releases Electric Car Price
August 25 2014 2:56 PM
The E-Golf will be priced between a Nissan Leaf and a BMW i3 as VW aims for a small niche.
- Qualcomm, BMW Join Up For Wireless Car Charging
August 25 2014 1:46 PM
The first season of Formula E electric sports car racing will showcase wireless-charged BMW pace cars.
- Lockheed Martin Buys MIT-Spinoff Sun Catalytix
August 25 2014 10:49 AM
The Cambridge, Massachusetts, energy storage firm once received a $4 million Department of Energy grant to develop an “artificial leaf.”
- The Best New And Used Cars For First Drivers
August 20 2014 5:42 PM
Parents of first-time drivers: These new and used cars offer the best balance among price, safety and cost to insure.
- Auto Recall Info Searching Just Got Easier
August 20 2014 11:08 AM
U.S. car owners can now look up recall information by unique Vehicle Identification Number.
- Used Cars Buyers Rejoice: Prices Are Falling
August 19 2014 2:54 PM
As used car prices fall, so to do new-car sales. Could this impact the growth in new-auto sales? Some think so.
- US Navy Orders Two Industrial Exoskeletons
August 19 2014 12:01 PM
It’s not quite an alien fighter, but Lockheed Martin says its industrial exoskeletons can give workers greater endurance and strength.
- US West Coast Longshoremen, Port Operators In Labor Talks
August 18 2014 3:50 PM
Prospects for labor strife aren't the only thing cutting down on the volume of cargo going through U.S. West Coast ports.
- Volvo’s 2016 XC90: Out With Ford, In With Geely
August 18 2014 11:48 AM
Freed of Ford components, Volvo's new SUV is a test of the company’s relationship with its privately held Chinese owner.
- Tesla Changes Warranty On Model S Drive Unit
August 15 2014 4:54 PM
Tesla says the warranty change will pull down earnings as it sets aside more money to cover warranty expenses.