Articles by Angelo Young
- Wal-Mart Hit Hard By Food Stamp Cuts
February 19 2014 6:17 AM
The world’s largest grocery and general merchandise chain was also hit by global issues that pulled down profit growth.
- Europe Auto Sales: Uptrend Continues
February 18 2014 11:21 AM
However, in absolute terms it’s the second lowest January volume since records started being kept in 2003.
- Tesla 4Q And Full Year Results: Here’s What To Look For
February 18 2014 6:51 AM
Profitability will be the last thing to look for in Tesla’s upcoming earnings report. It’s all about future potential.
- Taxpayer Payment To News Corp. Focus Of Aussie Ire
February 17 2014 10:27 AM
Australian taxpayers gave a $794 million payment to Rupert Murdoch, thanks to "paper transactions" among News Corp.’s global subsidiaries.
- From KFC To The White House: Naquasia's Journey
February 14 2014 4:50 PM
This 22-year-old Brooklynite worked 16 months for $7.50 an hour before receiving her first raise. Now she has fewer hours.
- Here’s What Rob Marcus Gets If He’s Out As Time Warner Cable Chief
February 13 2014 5:02 PM
Marcus took the Time Warner helm in January. If he’s ousted in the wake of the Comcast acquisition he’s golden.
- Who Is The Underdog In A Chattanooga Union Drive?
February 13 2014 2:48 PM
When labor activists try to establish union footholds, typically the company is the anti-union incumbent -- not so with Volkswagen.
- What's Behind The Jump In US Auto Inventories?
February 13 2014 10:41 AM
U.S. new-car inventories are at a 53-month high, which means automakers will need to sweeten deals.
- You Won't Believe AK-47 Maker Kalashnikov's Turnaround Plan
February 12 2014 11:28 AM
Cost cutting will be coupled with production increases, with Kalasnikov's CEO commenting regarding finances: "The situation is difficult."
- Will A '21st Century Union' Be Born In Tennessee This Week?
February 12 2014 5:46 AM
Volkswagen workers will decide by secret ballot whether to adopt the first German-style union structure in the United States.
- Are European Corporate Tax Havens Benefiting From State Aid?
February 11 2014 12:13 PM
The head of the EC’s antitrust efforts: Tax loopholes may include a “state aid component,” which would be anti-competitive.
- Psst...Need A 300 MPH Executive Helicopter?
February 10 2014 3:32 PM
Sikorsky has been working on fast chopper tech for a while. Now it’s unveiling the fastest executive helicopter on record.
- Here's Why Beijing Is Not Embracing Electric Vehicles
February 10 2014 12:13 PM
Despite incentives worth thousands of dollars and license plates that are easy to obtain, Beijingers aren’t flocking to electric cars.
- Are Emerging Markets Looking At A Tough Year?
February 10 2014 10:27 AM
Data shows developed markets' conditions improving, while emerging markets are moving in the other direction.
- Here Are 2014’s First Measles Outbreaks
February 07 2014 4:23 PM
A new report says nearly 14 million people were saved by measles vaccines from 2000 to 2012.
- Why A Used Tesla Model S Can Cost More Than A New One
February 07 2014 12:10 PM
What's more, a new study suggests that current Model S owners can actually make money in the used car market.
- Will US Veterans Get Pension Cuts Repealed?
February 07 2014 10:10 AM
A U.S. Senate repeal of veterans' pension cuts is "likely," according to Democratic Sen. Adam Smith, an opponent of the proposal.
- It’s Not A Good Time To Be A Ferrari Dealer In Singapore
February 06 2014 10:28 AM
Fewer of the world’s priciest wheels were sold in Singapore last year thanks to higher taxes on auto purchases.
- GM Disappoints, Missing Earnings Forecast
February 06 2014 8:37 AM
Net income and revenues were up, but the world’s third-largest automaker still missed forecasts. What happened?
- Which Countries Are Spending More On Defense?
February 06 2014 5:53 AM
The world's total defense budget is forecast to increase to $1.547 trillion this year.