Articles by Angelo Young
- Three Takeaways From The Guangzhou Auto Show In China
November 22 2013 12:42 PM
The 2013 Guangzhou auto show offers a more scaled-down venue for looking at what’s happening in the domestic car market.
- Traffic Safety Watchdog: Don't Play With Our Stars
November 22 2013 10:07 AM
Reacting to Tesla’s “better than 5 stars” claim, the NHTSA is cracking down on the manipulation of its ratings.
- Yamaha Could Be First To Use Gordon Murray’s Carmaking Process
November 21 2013 3:56 PM
Over the summer, the famed U.K. car designer said someone bought his iStream concept. Now we know who it was.
- Telsa's Head Of Retail Is Out
November 21 2013 3:37 PM
George Blankenship, head of global retail for the electric car company, updated his LinkedIn profile to announce he’s "done."
- Porsche: A Little Less Of A Man’s Machine? So What
November 21 2013 11:22 AM
The Cayenne SUV, introduced in an effort to go after wealthy soccer moms, is the company’s best-selling vehicle in the U.S.
- The Japanese Believe In Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars
November 20 2013 3:45 PM
Toyota unveils a more developed version of its hydrogen fuel cell car that it wants on the road by 2015.
- Car Colors: Men Lean Red, Women Lean Beige
November 20 2013 12:24 PM
A recent analysis of the used-car market reveals gender differences in vehicle-color preferences. But what does it mean?
- Auto Lending Is Up, By A lot
November 20 2013 9:02 AM
Most U.S. car purchases are financed and outstanding loan balance is at a record high.
- US Car Safety Agency: We Asked Tesla To Cooperate
November 19 2013 12:04 PM
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says decision to investigate vehicle safety issues is an “independent process.”
- Here’s A Video Of A Model S Driver Averting Disaster Like A Boss
November 19 2013 11:26 AM
Here's video of a Tesla Model S NOT burning.
- Did The NHTSA React Only After Tesla CEO Musk Asked It To?
November 19 2013 10:38 AM
Fans predictably laud Musk. Critics unsurprisingly get snarky. Auto writers question whether NHTSA really reacted to a request by Tesla.
- Tesla GAAP Gap: Are Tesla’s Accounting Practices A Risk?
November 19 2013 6:22 AM
The gap between Tesla's generally accepted accounting numbers and its "adjusted" figures is growing.
- Ford Will Use Plant Material To Make Greener Car Fabric
November 18 2013 4:33 PM
Ford says using Coca Cola's recipe for plastic bottles will reduce PET consumption for components like head rests and seat cushions.
- The Model S Is A Little Cheaper In Europe
November 18 2013 1:05 PM
A completely optioned-out 80 kWh Performance Model S costs $126,000 in the U.S. and $176,000 in Europe. Blame the Euro-VAT.
- First Tesla Model S Owner Made A Bundle Selling Stock
November 18 2013 10:52 AM
Venture capitalist Stephen Jurvetson, board member of Elon Musk’s Tesla and SpaceX, exercised $11 million in stock options.
- General Motors Just Recalled A 2014 Model
November 15 2013 3:31 PM
Some of the most recent Chevy Malibus will either ignore your request for defrost or catch your seat on fire.
- VW All-Electric Golf For US Market: Will Americans Take To It?
November 15 2013 2:39 PM
The German auto giant is betting there’s a U.S. market for an 80-mile range electrified Golf. Good luck with that.
- Subaru Needs More US Factory Capacity
November 15 2013 10:31 AM
Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. makes the Camry for Toyota in Lafayette, Ind., at least for now.
- There Was A Little More Blood On U.S. Highways Last Year
November 14 2013 4:57 PM
The latest U.S. data on highway fatalities is out showing that drunk driving is in.
- This Day In Tesla Insider Trades: VP Exercises Options For $2M
November 14 2013 10:56 AM
The man in charge of Tesla’s powertrain operations recently made $1.6 million exercising 21 percent of his stock options.