- GM Expected To Report Better Q4, 2013 Earnings
February 04 2014 7:02 PM
The world’s third-largest automaker will announce its fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday morning before markets open in New York.
- Hard Times Ahead For Auto Dealers?
February 04 2014 1:31 PM
A new report suggests margin pressure and the Internet could squeeze U.S. auto dealer networks.
- Wal-Mart Expanding In Canada
February 04 2014 9:07 AM
Wal-Mart said its investment will create 7,500 jobs, including temporary construction work.
- January 2014 US Auto Sales: Brrrrrrr...
February 03 2014 5:51 PM
New auto sales fell last month more than expected as the situation got frosty in many parts of the country.
- Nissan Sales Rise On Rogue, Altima, Infiniti Demand
February 03 2014 8:55 AM
Consumers pushed sales volume up for the Infiniti QX60 crossover. Nissan leads in monthly U.S. auto sales growth.
- Prison Time For Defrauding Automakers
January 31 2014 3:34 PM
Two Japanese former auto parts executives are the latest to go down in an auto parts price-fixing racket.
- Where New-Car Sales Growth Hit Double Digits
January 31 2014 2:06 PM
The Chinese bought almost 22 million new autos last year. Here are four other countries that saw double-digit growth in 2013.
- Guess Who Wants Obama To Have TPP Fast Track Authority?
January 30 2014 6:48 PM
Also: Americans are a lot more likely today to think free-trade agreements do more harm than good.
- Check Out The Richest People In US Oil And Gas
January 30 2014 12:20 PM
Out of the 10 richest Americans linked to oil and gas, two are wholly self-made, and four inherited their wealth.
- The (Minimum Wage) States Of The Union
January 29 2014 10:28 PM
Congress has adjusted the wage floor only five times since 1974, so states have had to step in to pick up the slack.
- Hedge Fund Guru: Financial Firms Are ‘Lawless’
January 29 2014 11:00 AM
But wait, there’s more: He also says raising the U.S. minimum wage is bad for the poor.
- Ferdinand Porsche’s First Car Was Electric
January 28 2014 4:33 PM
Lost in a barn since 1902, the first car built by a 22-year-old Porsche namesake has been discovered -- and it's electric.
- Ford’s 2014 Outlook Has Not Changed
January 28 2014 2:30 PM
Ford's share price is trading lower after it reported its 4Q and 2013 performance. Here's why.
- Ford’s 4th Quarter Results Blow Past Street View
January 28 2014 7:32 AM
The Detroit 3 automaker upped its estimates for pretax profit after reporting earnings of 74 cents per share in the fourth quarter.
- US New Auto Sales Forecast
January 27 2014 7:24 PM
It will be the second consecutive January with sales volume topping one million units -- but is that more than usual?
- Hillary Hasn’t Driven A Car In 17 Years
January 27 2014 12:21 PM
And other nuggets from the U.S. Secretary of State’s New Orleans visit to the auto dealers expo.
- Ford Q4 Earnings Preview: Mixed Results
January 24 2014 3:40 PM
It looks like Ford’s profit growth slowdown has already commenced, as the world's fifth largest automaker embarks on a costly year.
- Carl Icahn Vs Apple, Again
January 24 2014 2:32 PM
The activist investor upped his AAPL position and is rallying shareholders for a $50B buyback.
- Tesla's Model S Costs The Same In China, But …
January 23 2014 10:09 AM
Chinese VAT and duties adds $36,700 to the price tag. Tesla says it won’t mark-up the Model S price just because it’s sold in China.
- Who Are America's Long-Term Unemployed?
January 22 2014 1:27 PM
As Congress debates a $6.8 billion package to extend emergency jobless benefits, here’s some sobering data.