Articles by Angelo Young
- 40 Years After 1973 Arab Oil Embargo, Cars Are 176% More Fuel Efficient
October 18 2013 12:54 PM
Ford’s Model T was more fuel efficient than most cars in the early 70s. The oil scarcity shock helped change that.
- Pickups Go High-Class As US Consumers Buy Fewer Trucks
October 18 2013 5:58 AM
Americans are obsessed with full-sized pickup trucks, but sales are shrinking and the competition's fierce between GM and Ford.
- AT&T, Tesla Teaming Up
October 17 2013 3:57 PM
Speaking at GigaOM Mobilize 2013, AT&T’s head of emerging tech says Tesla will use its network.
- Mexico Auto Sales: September Slump, But 2013 Still Solid
October 17 2013 10:28 AM
The weather and the calendar seemed to conspire against the country's car business last month.
- Top Mutual Funds And Their Tesla Motors Positions
October 16 2013 6:43 AM
Tesla shareholders are boosting the car company's stock. But mutual funds have been quietly backing out.
- How Many Electric Cars Are Selling In Latest Resurgence Of Interest?
October 15 2013 12:51 PM
The world is buying about 56,000 passenger electric vehicles annually.
- What Airlines Are Doing To Squeeze Inches From Economy Class
October 15 2013 10:01 AM
Airlines are adding lighter, narrower seats to squeeze precious inches, pounds and profit out of economy class.
- Coldwater Creek Is Barely Treading Water
October 14 2013 7:09 PM
The Idaho-based apparel retailer is looking for "strategic alternatives."
- 1 In 4 US Car Buyers Say Shutdown Affects Purchasing Decisions: Survey
October 14 2013 7:09 PM
Many see the cost of auto loans rising. Most are unaware the department responsible for auto safety is closed right now.
- Americans Identify Google As Leader In Self-Driving Technology
October 14 2013 1:22 PM
The verdict is still out on whether self-driving cars will be embraced, but automakers aren’t idling the advanced technology.
- Totoya's Bitter-Sweet Tech Experience
October 14 2013 10:45 AM
Toyota is being sued for Prius' failing the forward-crash avoidance test, but Toyota is moving forward with collision-avoidance technology.
- China September Auto Sales Up 21%: Ford Focus Powers Ahead
October 12 2013 10:14 PM
The Chinese bought 1.59 million autos in September: The Ford Focus was in front last month, but still trails the VW Lavida for the year.
- Will US Get Return Of Investment In General Motors?
October 11 2013 11:37 AM
The latest government estimates say the write-off for rescuing GM will be a sizable sum, and that figure could change.
- Exactly How Many People Have Ordered Tesla’s Model S?
October 11 2013 6:21 AM
A customer database suggests a significant number of Model S sedans have been assigned identification numbers since the car went on the market.
- Asia Preparing For The Worst: A US Debt Default
October 10 2013 11:58 AM
From Hong Kong to Australia, markets most likely to react first to the U.S. missing its debt obligations are making preparations.
- Toyota Prices Prius Plug-In Hybrid Below $30,000
October 09 2013 5:30 PM
Toyota moves the price of its plug-in Prius to the bottom of the stack of competing models from GM, Honda and Ford.
- Tesla’s Stock Down Over 7% Since Monday, After Recovering From Car Fire
October 09 2013 1:47 PM
Is Tesla's drop merely U.S. debt-ceiling jitters or is a correction underway?
- British Pilots Bristle At EU Vote On Flying Hours
October 09 2013 9:29 AM
British pilots say EU rules on pilots’ schedules will lower Britain’s flight safety standards.
- Average US New Vehicle MPG (Real) Will Top 46 By 2025
October 08 2013 4:24 PM
Currently, the average, U.S. new vehicle is getting around 30 mpg.
- Why Aston Martin Should Have Never Made That Cygnet Minicar
October 08 2013 10:31 AM
The British-based luxury carmaker shows us that the world might not want a luxury gas-powered minicar.