- German Unemployment Jumps; Blame The Weather
May 28 2014 11:37 AM
The number of jobless Germans increased by 24,000 in May, the biggest jump in five years.
- Foreign Students, Like Guest Workers, Charge Abuse In US
May 27 2014 3:31 PM
A Bible college founder is accused of using students’ immigration status to coerce them to work for as little as 90 cents an hour.
- GM Recall: Canada Probes Fatalities
May 27 2014 9:19 AM
Canada confirms it is examining two fatal accidents in cars subject to the GM ignition switch recall.
- Meet The New GM, Same As The Old GM
May 21 2014 4:18 PM
North America’s largest automaker had a terrible year in 2004. This year is already worse.
- Automation Threatens Jobs Of Even World’s Lowest-Paid Workers
May 20 2014 6:05 PM
Nike proved it can grow business and reduce dependence on labor. This doesn't bode well for low-wage factory workers in Asia, or anywhere.
- With A Focus On Automation, Nike Sheds 106,000 Workers
May 20 2014 11:25 AM
While the decline doesn't correspond with a fall in sales, the biggest cuts have come from Asia, where most of the company’s products are made.
- What AT&T Acquisition Of DirecTV Would Mean For Its Workers
May 19 2014 3:59 PM
The largest telecom in the U.S. has already shed about 22 percent of its workforce since 2007.
- In California, A Hybrid-Car 'Arms Race' Is Brewing
May 18 2014 10:44 AM
For two years running, Toyota’s Prius has been the top-selling car in the largest U.S. market. Honda just knocked it off that perch.
- Tesla Speeds Past Rivals, Becomes California's Top Auto Employer
May 16 2014 9:49 AM
The maker of the luxury Model S electric car has upped hiring by about 13 percent in its home state.
- Wage Protest Targets World's Fast Food Outlets [PHOTOS]
May 15 2014 6:12 PM
Labor rights advocates and union representatives are calling this the largest-ever strike to hit U.S. fast-food companies.
- Fast-Food Labor Actions Go Global
May 15 2014 10:29 AM
Labor rights organizers and employees of the world’s largest fast-food chains have taken global a U.S. movement demanding higher wages.
- New Questions About the Safety of Computer Chip Manufacturing
May 14 2014 8:18 PM
The science isn't definitive, but something seems to be giving Samsung workers cancer.
- Samsung Says Sorry To Dead Factory Workers' Families
May 14 2014 11:41 AM
The Korean tech giant apologized for cancer-stricken factory workers but didn't admit link between assembly line and grave.
- How Wal-Mart Plans To Shore Up Its Earnings
May 13 2014 7:18 PM
A retail slowdown in April--and cuts to food stamps--may affect Wal-Mart's first quarter earnings.
- Cambodia Ups Arrests Of Garment Worker Activists
May 13 2014 3:37 PM
Dozens of labor activists are facing charges over recent demonstrations. Meanwhile, two youths, including a minor, are facing 11 years for incitement.
- In Syria, Death, Mayhem And College Dropouts
May 12 2014 4:26 PM
For college students in Syria's intellectual centers, staying in school has become an increasingly hard battle to win.
- Labor Talks Could Hurt Holiday Shoppers
May 12 2014 11:52 AM
Retailers across the US will keep a close eye on US shipyard labor negotiations as they gear up for the upcoming holiday shopping season.
- Whatever Happened To The Eurozone Crisis?
May 12 2014 11:20 AM
The IMF aren’t ready to declare “Mission Accomplished" just yet and warn of lingering threats.
- Tesla’s First Quarter: What To Look For
May 06 2014 6:04 PM
Tesla is expected to report 24 percent more revenue but lower net income as the company continues to invest heavily.
- Guest Workers vs. Local Jobseekers Is An Issue in Canada, Too
May 06 2014 5:25 PM
Canada grapples with reforming its foreign worker policy as the number of foreign temps is set to exceed permanent immigrants by 2015.