Articles by Angelo Young
- Elon Musk Lost Nearly $600M Since That Tesla Model S Fire
October 03 2013 3:49 PM
TSLA stock may have entered correction mode as questions linger about how firefighters should deal with EV accidents.
- Ford Is Nipping At GM's Heels
October 03 2013 1:47 PM
GM is the undisputed leader in U.S. new-auto sales, but Ford has occasionally bested its larger competitor.
- Tesla Model S Catches Fire After Striking Object On Road; Firefighters Say Water Made Fire Worse
October 02 2013 4:56 PM
Here’s something you don’t see every day: A Tesla in flames following a collision. Was the battery at fault?
- Tesla Model S Is Norway’s Top Seller
October 02 2013 11:33 AM
Can Tesla maintain that momentum after delivering on back orders?
- US Auto Sales Down In September But Up For The Quarter
October 01 2013 5:40 PM
September isn't a great month for U.S. vehicle sales, and this month’s reporting anomaly made it worse. But ...
- Japanese Automakers September 2013 U.S. Sales: Honda Down 10%, Toyota Down 4%, Nissan Down 5.5%
October 01 2013 2:59 PM
Japanese automakers fell more or less in line with expectations. Fewer selling days, timing of the Labor Day weekend hit sales.
- GM Sept. US Sales Down By Double Digits
October 01 2013 11:52 AM
General Motors, North America’s largest automaker, saw its lowest monthly sales volume so far this year.
- Volkswagen's September US Sales Down By Double Digits
October 01 2013 10:34 AM
Volkswagen continues to be hit by strong competition in the segments in which it usually does well.
- Ford's September Sales Up 6% On Fusion
October 01 2013 10:06 AM
Sales were up in September, despite the inconvenient timing of the Labor Day sales weekend at the end of August.
- Chrysler’s Sept. US Sales Up 1%
October 01 2013 8:37 AM
Dodge, Ram and Chrysler sales were up last month. Jeep and Fiat retreated.
- General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover Struggle To Keep Up With Demand
October 01 2013 6:22 AM
General Motors Co. and Jaguar Land Rover PLC have similar problems on different sides of world right now.
- Sacre Bleu: Tesla Now Worth As Much As Renault
September 30 2013 3:56 PM
Tesla sold 0.81 percent of the number of vehicles Renault sold in first half of 2013.
- GM, US Army Form Fuel-Cell Team
September 30 2013 12:58 PM
North America’s largest auto company and the U.S. Army have similar hydrogen-fuel-cell aspirations, so they’re pooling their brainpower.
- California Greenin': Gov. Jerry Brown Signs Six Laws To Promote Plug-In Car Use
September 30 2013 10:27 AM
The goal is to get 1.5 million electric vehicles on California roads by 2025.
- This Ain't No Alamo: The Big Financial Guns Fighting Tesla In Texas
September 27 2013 3:27 PM
These four campaign donors gave 55 percent of all car dealer-associated political contributions in Texas, where Tesla can't open dealerships.
- Subaru Aces Crash-Avoidance Tests By Highway-Safety Group
September 27 2013 10:52 AM
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety released its first 2013/14 ratings for crash avoidance. Here are the winners.
- New Owners Of McDonald’s Stores Say They’re Hiring Locally
September 26 2013 3:58 PM
This U.S. labor abuse case undermines common claims by employers they need guest workers because locals won’t do the jobs.
- Chrysler's Production Solution: More People, Not Plants
September 26 2013 12:26 PM
North America’s third automaker has seen sales rise 77% since its 2009 bankruptcy. It closed four plants at the same time.
- After Strong August, September US Auto Sales Expected To Be Subdued
September 26 2013 5:45 AM
U.S. new-car buyers likely took a break, after robust monthly growth since April.
- Interested In A Used Tesla Model S? They’re Out There
September 25 2013 2:39 PM
How much these used Tesla vehicles sell for is important to Tesla’s guarantee buyback program.