Articles by Angelo Young
- Vodafone Files Anti-Competitive Suit Against Telecom Italia
August 04 2013 4:11 PM
The Italian unit of the British telecoms giant says the Italian company overcharged for market access.
- Cued By Reagan, Obama Overrides ITC Ruling On Apple Products
August 04 2013 3:12 PM
The power Barack Obama used to help Apple has been used only four other times, thrice by Ronald Reagan.
- US Isn’t Exporting Chicken Below Market Value, WTO Tells China
August 04 2013 1:24 PM
The world’s trade referee said China “acted inconsistently” in slapping tariffs on U.S. chicken products.
- US Gov't Missions In Muslim World To Close Until Aug. 10
August 04 2013 11:59 AM
With U.S., Germany, France and Britain on high alert, U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says threat is “reminiscent of what we saw pre-9/11.”
- July 2013 U.S. Auto Sales: Honda Edges Past Chrysler; Toyota In Dead Heat With Ford
August 01 2013 5:18 PM
Honda, Toyota and Nissan moved a third of the 1.32 million vehicles sold in the U.S. last month.
- July 2013 US Auto Sales: Detroit Three Sales Up An Average 12.7%
August 01 2013 12:18 PM
The Detroit Three July U.S. sales: 567,888 vehicles. The theme of the month: Americans bought small sedans.
- Volkswagen July 2013 US Sales: Passat Made Up 28% Of All VW Sales Last Month
August 01 2013 10:36 AM
The German auto giant continues to be hit by strong small-sedan offerings from competitors.
- Ford July U.S. Sales: Best Retail Demand Since 2005
August 01 2013 9:59 AM
Ford said strong demand from consumers on the U.S. coasts is fueling a sales surge for its small sedans.
- Chrysler’s July 2013 U.S. Sales: Up 11%
August 01 2013 8:27 AM
Strong demand for the Durango SUV helped Dodge, and Jeep sales were up 2 percent on continued strong demand for the Grand Cherokee.
- Philippines Says US Providing Intel On China Naval Activities
July 31 2013 4:36 PM
The Philippines' foreign secretary says his country is getting a hand from America in its ongoing maritime territorial row with China.
- Judge Strikes Down Fed’s Swipe Fee Rule
July 31 2013 3:33 PM
A federal judge on Wednesday said the Federal Reserve is “inappropriately inflating all debit card transaction fees.”
- Ford’s Pension Problems Could Be Resolved By End Of 2014
July 31 2013 12:03 PM
Ford plans to drop $5B into its global pension program this year. Rising interest rates would help reduce its shortfall further.
- China Pushes Back Against BMW Expansion
July 31 2013 10:58 AM
A routine application for expanding an existing factory was turned down, hinting that China is playing tough against foreign auto makers.
- China’s Rich Are Getting Ripped Off Buying Cars, But Who’s To Blame?
July 31 2013 6:14 AM
Would you pay over $80,000 for a Mini Cooper? How about nearly $100,000 for an Audi A4 sedan?
- Analyst Arrested In Connection To SAC Capital Indictment
July 30 2013 3:33 PM
The SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office says Aggarwal bought shares in the Yahoo-Microsoft deal using his contacts at Microsoft.
- Centrica Enters US East Coast B2B Natural Gas And Electric Business
July 30 2013 9:45 AM
Via the acquisition of the Hess Corp. subsidiary, Centrica will supply more than 23,000 commercial businesses on the U.S. East Coast.
- CHS Buys HMA For $7.6B, Creating 206-Hospital Group
July 30 2013 8:40 AM
The acquisition of Health Management Associates by Community Health Systems includes $3.7 billion in debt.
- July US Auto Sales Seen Up Around 15.5% As Summer Sell-Down Begins
July 26 2013 6:08 AM
With more inventory than last year, incentive spending is up. July sales growth could see highest jump in 2013.
- Last UK-Built Ford Rolls Off The Assembly Line
July 25 2013 2:17 PM
Ford’s Southampton UK assembly plant is closing as the auto maker shifts production to Turkey, where Ford Otosan exports are booming.
- Best US Sedan? Believe It Or Not: The 2014 Chevrolet Impala
July 25 2013 11:45 AM
Consumer Reports gives top marks to a Detroit Three sedan for the first time in 20 years.