Articles by Angelo Young
- October US Auto Sales - Consumers Likely Shrugged At Government Shutdown
October 25 2013 6:06 AM
Sales will be up from a quirky September, and up from October last year because of Hurricane Sandy.
- Amazon.com 3Q Revenue Surprises, Rises
October 24 2013 5:22 PM
The world’s largest online retailer surprised Wall Street with revenue growth, while keeping its losses in line.
- Atlantic Magazine: Elon Musk = Leonardo da Vinci
October 24 2013 11:44 AM
Comparing Elon Musk to one of humanity’s great minds might be hyperbolic, but his fans won't mind.
- Ford Sees Chinese Sales Swelling
October 24 2013 11:33 AM
A latecomer to the Chinese market behind GM and Volkswagen, Ford puts out upbeat estimates in its third-quarter report.
- Is This McDonald's Telling An Employee To Get On Food Stamps?
October 23 2013 6:33 PM
Did McDonald’s urge a worker to take food stamps and apply for Medicaid?
- Check Out Honda’s Concept Roadster Heading To The Tokyo Motor Show
October 23 2013 3:31 PM
Honda’s last attempt at a roadster ended in 2009. Here’s the reboot.
- Tesla's Stock Hit By BOA
October 23 2013 12:47 PM
Tesla's stock headed south after the bank said the price will plunge to $45 from a recent high of $194.
- Check Out Dassault’s New $45M Biz Jet For High Rollers
October 23 2013 10:25 AM
The Paris-based aircraft manufacturer unveils its latest and roomiest long-haul corporate jet.
- Why GM Is Asking Flint, Mich., To Cut Its Tax Burden
October 23 2013 6:22 AM
GM has a unique relationship with this economically battered city. Now it wants a $2 million tax break from it.
- Tesla CEO Dismisses Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology For Cars
October 22 2013 10:06 PM
When Elon Musk says anything it gets a lot of attention, especially when he curses to underscore a point.
- Minister: Peugeot ‘Will Remain French’ Even If Chinese Buy Part Of It
October 22 2013 11:39 AM
A possible investment by China’s second-largest automaker in PSA Peugeot Citroen has France’s industrial minister on the defensive.
- A Century Later, The Spirit Of Ecstasy Endures As Rolls Royce’s Mascot
October 21 2013 5:09 PM
The most famous hood ornament in autos has its origins in a romance a century ago.
- Mercedes Teases 2015 C-Class Exterior; Shows Full Interior Photos Of Upcoming Models
October 21 2013 1:25 PM
Daimler’s next generation C-Class compact luxury sedan will likely debut in Detroit in January.
- Tesla German Auto Sales Nowhere Near Norway’s
October 21 2013 10:44 AM
Norway offers enticing incentives for buying electric cars, which allows Tesla to price the Model S lower than comparable gas-burning sedans.
- Volvo Has Turned Car Panels Into Electric Storage Devices
October 18 2013 4:02 PM
The Swedish automaker has a concept that mixes supercapacitors with carbon fiber to solve electric-vehicle battery issues.
- 40 Years After 1973 Arab Oil Embargo, Cars Are 176% More Fuel Efficient
October 18 2013 12:54 PM
Ford’s Model T was more fuel efficient than most cars in the early 70s. The oil scarcity shock helped change that.
- Pickups Go High-Class As US Consumers Buy Fewer Trucks
October 18 2013 5:58 AM
Americans are obsessed with full-sized pickup trucks, but sales are shrinking and the competition's fierce between GM and Ford.
- AT&T, Tesla Teaming Up
October 17 2013 3:57 PM
Speaking at GigaOM Mobilize 2013, AT&T’s head of emerging tech says Tesla will use its network.
- Mexico Auto Sales: September Slump, But 2013 Still Solid
October 17 2013 10:28 AM
The weather and the calendar seemed to conspire against the country's car business last month.
- Top Mutual Funds And Their Tesla Motors Positions
October 16 2013 6:43 AM
Tesla shareholders are boosting the car company's stock. But mutual funds have been quietly backing out.