Articles by Angelo Young
- How Many Electric Cars Are Selling In Latest Resurgence Of Interest?
October 15 2013 12:51 PM
The world is buying about 56,000 passenger electric vehicles annually.
- What Airlines Are Doing To Squeeze Inches From Economy Class
October 15 2013 10:01 AM
Airlines are adding lighter, narrower seats to squeeze precious inches, pounds and profit out of economy class.
- Coldwater Creek Is Barely Treading Water
October 14 2013 7:09 PM
The Idaho-based apparel retailer is looking for "strategic alternatives."
- 1 In 4 US Car Buyers Say Shutdown Affects Purchasing Decisions: Survey
October 14 2013 7:09 PM
Many see the cost of auto loans rising. Most are unaware the department responsible for auto safety is closed right now.
- Americans Identify Google As Leader In Self-Driving Technology
October 14 2013 1:22 PM
The verdict is still out on whether self-driving cars will be embraced, but automakers aren’t idling the advanced technology.
- Totoya's Bitter-Sweet Tech Experience
October 14 2013 10:45 AM
Toyota is being sued for Prius' failing the forward-crash avoidance test, but Toyota is moving forward with collision-avoidance technology.
- China September Auto Sales Up 21%: Ford Focus Powers Ahead
October 12 2013 10:14 PM
The Chinese bought 1.59 million autos in September: The Ford Focus was in front last month, but still trails the VW Lavida for the year.
- Will US Get Return Of Investment In General Motors?
October 11 2013 11:37 AM
The latest government estimates say the write-off for rescuing GM will be a sizable sum, and that figure could change.
- Exactly How Many People Have Ordered Tesla’s Model S?
October 11 2013 6:21 AM
A customer database suggests a significant number of Model S sedans have been assigned identification numbers since the car went on the market.
- Asia Preparing For The Worst: A US Debt Default
October 10 2013 11:58 AM
From Hong Kong to Australia, markets most likely to react first to the U.S. missing its debt obligations are making preparations.
- Toyota Prices Prius Plug-In Hybrid Below $30,000
October 09 2013 5:30 PM
Toyota moves the price of its plug-in Prius to the bottom of the stack of competing models from GM, Honda and Ford.
- Tesla’s Stock Down Over 7% Since Monday, After Recovering From Car Fire
October 09 2013 1:47 PM
Is Tesla's drop merely U.S. debt-ceiling jitters or is a correction underway?
- British Pilots Bristle At EU Vote On Flying Hours
October 09 2013 9:29 AM
British pilots say EU rules on pilots’ schedules will lower Britain’s flight safety standards.
- Average US New Vehicle MPG (Real) Will Top 46 By 2025
October 08 2013 4:24 PM
Currently, the average, U.S. new vehicle is getting around 30 mpg.
- Why Aston Martin Should Have Never Made That Cygnet Minicar
October 08 2013 10:31 AM
The British-based luxury carmaker shows us that the world might not want a luxury gas-powered minicar.
- Elon Musk Lost Nearly $600M Since That Tesla Model S Fire
October 03 2013 3:49 PM
TSLA stock may have entered correction mode as questions linger about how firefighters should deal with EV accidents.
- Ford Is Nipping At GM's Heels
October 03 2013 1:47 PM
GM is the undisputed leader in U.S. new-auto sales, but Ford has occasionally bested its larger competitor.
- Tesla Model S Catches Fire After Striking Object On Road; Firefighters Say Water Made Fire Worse
October 02 2013 4:56 PM
Here’s something you don’t see every day: A Tesla in flames following a collision. Was the battery at fault?
- Tesla Model S Is Norway’s Top Seller
October 02 2013 11:33 AM
Can Tesla maintain that momentum after delivering on back orders?
- US Auto Sales Down In September But Up For The Quarter
October 01 2013 5:40 PM
September isn't a great month for U.S. vehicle sales, and this month’s reporting anomaly made it worse. But ...