- Aston Martin Acquiring German Know-How For Future V-8 Engines
July 25 2013 9:46 AM
The 100-year-old maker of James Bond’s preferred mode of transport is looking to German engineering for new V-8 engines.
- New Orleans Flood Authority Sues 97 Oil Companies Over Wetlands Damage
July 24 2013 4:07 PM
Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority–East is asking a court to force companies to repair decades of dredging damages.
- Hercules Offshore Rig 55 Miles Off Louisiana Is On Fire; 44 Crew Evacuated
July 24 2013 11:46 AM
Firefighting crews have been dispatched to the scene, after cloud of natural gas ignited overnight.
- US Auto Workers Livid Over Japan Joining Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks
July 23 2013 3:55 PM
As Japan formally joins talks for massive free trade zone, U.S. auto workers pressure Washington over access to Japanese market.
- Many US Millionaires Don’t Think They're Rich: Survey
July 23 2013 1:39 PM
A survey by UBS wealth management found that a lot of U.S. millionaires do not consider themselves "wealthy."
- Wal-Mart Says It Can't Source 30% Of Its Goods From Small Indian Suppliers
July 23 2013 11:36 AM
Wal-Mart has said it wants to open its own retail outlets in India by the end of 2014, but it has faced considerable blowback by opponents.
- Cisco Buys Cybersecurity Firm Sourcefire For $2.7B
July 23 2013 10:15 AM
The Silicon Valley tech giant is betting cybersecurity will become more important in years to come.
- The Postmodern Bentley - Co Will Spend $1.2B To Build Luxury SUV By 2016
July 23 2013 8:49 AM
The British maker of the six-figure Flying Spur will build its first SUV at its headquarters in Crewe, U.K.
- GM Q2 Earnings Preview: Revenue Up, Profit Down
July 23 2013 5:22 AM
It was a “stable quarter” for North America’s largest auto maker, but profits were likely hurt by continued overhaul charges.
- Telefonica Reportedly Poised To Acquire German Mobile Operator E-Plus For $6B
July 22 2013 11:40 AM
After years of talks, Spanish telecom may soon have a significant grip on Europe’s largest mobile market.
- Philippines President Pushes Reform Amid GDP Growth, High Unemployment
July 22 2013 10:42 AM
Philippines President Benigno Aquino calls for legislative momentum on a wide range of issues, including tax and land reform.
- Investment Giant KKR Eyes Indonesian Retail Food Market
July 22 2013 9:07 AM
KKR sees encouraging growth prospects in Southeast Asia’s largest economy and has invested in maker of popular snack foods.
- Ford 2Q Earnings: Expect Charges For Expansion And Restructuring
July 20 2013 9:02 AM
Ford is spending heavily on shifting its global positions while U.S. sales are booming.
- G-20: Will It End Corporate 'Double Non-Taxation'?
July 19 2013 8:57 AM
The OECD issued 15 recommendations to crack down on companies’ exploitation of different tax jurisdictions to reduce their liabilities.
- Australia Cracking Down On Immigrants Arriving By Boat
July 19 2013 7:44 AM
Immigrants by boat will now head to New Guinea or "a safe country other than Australia."
Now that a Florida jury says it’s legal for armed people to follow unarmed people they deem suspicious-looking, and then shoot them dead in self-defense if tailing them leads to physical confrontation, is it OK to revoke acquitted killer George Zimmerman’s license to carry his Tec 9 pistol on his pants? And is it also OK to point out that Trayvon Martin would be alive today if Zimmerman had not been empowered by the state of Florida to take the gun out of his car (all Floridians are allowed keep guns in cars) and conceal it under his clothes.
We’ve all heard the gun rights arguments that assert people have a right to defend themselves, and that gun laws only harm law-abiding citizens while criminals get them by other means. And it’s true.
- Honeywell Transmitter Caused Boeing 787 Fire At Heathrow: Investigators
July 18 2013 11:48 AM
British investigators urge the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to initiate action until “appropriate airworthiness actions” are completed.
- Suddenly, GM Sees A Threat In Tesla
July 18 2013 9:23 AM
A year ago, Tesla was an enigma in the eyes of Detroit. Not anymore.
- Athens Bans Protests During Schaeuble’s Visit
July 18 2013 7:53 AM
Athens instituted bans on groups of protesters, as German finance chief says Greece should stop pushing for more debt write-downs.
- Ford Sues Japanese Auto Parts Supplier In Massive Price-Fixing Scheme
July 17 2013 4:22 PM
Fujikura Ltd becomes first Japanese parts supplier to be sued by an automaker after pleading guilty to price fixing components.