- Ford Searching For African ‘Opportunities’
August 06 2014 4:34 PM
The chief of Ford’s new Middle East-Africa unit stopped short of confirming rumors of a Nigerian factory project.
- China 2020: 50 Million New Auto Sales A Year?
August 05 2014 3:03 PM
Even if half as many Chinese own cars than Americans, the Chinese auto market will more than double soon, says Chinese researcher.
- Turkey Is Boosting Weapons Exports With A Focus On Africa
August 05 2014 10:55 AM
Turkey is a major buyer of Western military hardware, but its defense industry is rising.
- Tesla Model S Dissed, Then Dusted By A Lambo
August 04 2014 5:28 PM
Company CEO Elon Musk said Tesla repair teams were “ultra-proactive” in fixing a car Edmunds.com says is “hard to recommend.”
- Chinese Factory Explosion: How It Affects GM
August 04 2014 2:10 PM
China’s worst factory accident in 13 months has General Motors -- the country’s second-largest foreign automaker -- looking for new suppliers.
- Brazil Exports First Tactical Drone
August 04 2014 9:28 AM
FT Sistemas S.A. says it’s sending the Horus FT-100 Mini-UAV to an unnamed buyer across the Atlantic.
- LIVE BLOG: Chrysler Sales Up 20 Percent Last Month
August 01 2014 8:01 AM
The world’s top automakers are expected to report the strongest July sales figures since 2006, more than a year before the Great Recession.
- Tesla 2Q: Profit Missed, But Sales Exceeded Forecast
July 31 2014 4:27 PM
Tesla announced on Thursday that a site outside of Reno is “potentially” the location of $5 billion factory.
- Leaked Photos: The 2015 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
July 31 2014 12:14 PM
Porsche's next high performance 911 is getting a serious face-lift.
- Auto Industry's Contribution To GDP Is Up, By A Lot
July 30 2014 4:00 PM
Three years ago, the automotive market's contribution to the U.S. economy was contracting. Not any more.
- Hyundai Recalls 880,000 Cars That Could Just Roll Away
July 30 2014 10:32 AM
South Korean automaker Hyundai says 880,000 Sonata sedans in the U.S. won’t shift into the ‘park’ position.
- Driver-Free In The UK
July 30 2014 10:27 AM
Britain says it won’t fell behind in the push to make self-driving cars a thing on its roads.
- July Auto Sales Pumped By Borrowing
July 29 2014 3:22 PM
Americans are borrowing more than ever before to buy new cars. That’s good for the industry — for now.
- SpaceX’s Bold Vision To Dominate The Solar System
July 29 2014 10:47 AM
SpaceX’s president sees her company becoming the most widely used interplanetary cargo company by the end of the century.
- Could Reno, Nevada, Win Tesla’s Gigafactory Bid?
July 28 2014 3:48 PM
Tesla will reveal more details this week about its battery factory.
- SEC: US Gunmaker Bribed Pakistani Police
July 28 2014 3:23 PM
Smith & Wesson ordered to pay $2 million for playing dirty in “high-risk markets” by bribing or attempting to bribe.
- Congress Could Soon Repeal Human Trafficking Law
July 27 2014 3:59 PM
Two Texas lawmakers hope Congress will repeal a human-trafficking law before month-long break.
- Desalination Looking More Appealing For California
July 27 2014 2:50 PM
Drought stricken California may finally be coming to terms with desalination, for better or worse.
- Costa Concordia Arrives In Genoa
July 27 2014 12:44 PM
Crippled Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia docks in northern Italy. Will the remains of 33-year-old waiter Russel Rebello be found?
- 3 Banks Accused Of Manipulating Silver Prices
July 27 2014 11:23 AM
First gold, now silver. A new lawsuit accuses top banks of rigging the daily silver benchmark price.