Articles by Angelo Young
- Regarding Safety, How Fit Is The 2015 Honda Fit?
January 22 2014 10:22 AM
Recent minicar crash tests rank the Chevy Spark safest and the Honda Fit as least safe.
- Why More US Urban Households Don’t Have Cars
January 21 2014 3:52 PM
Americans are driving fewer autos for shorter distances. And the trend started before the Great Recession.
- Amid Labor Crackdown, A Grand Coalition Forms In Cambodia
January 21 2014 12:53 PM
Three global labor rights groups have joined 30 retail companies in a strongly worded letter to the prime minister.
- LED Headlights Come Of Age
January 17 2014 3:24 PM
One theme at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show is hidden in plain sight: headlight diversity.
- Tesla Executives Awarded 385K Shares Worth Of Options
January 16 2014 5:15 PM
CTO Jeffrey Straubel received a performance-based option to buy 220,000 of those shares at last Monday’s closing TSLA price.
- Robots Are Taking Over The (Factory) World
January 16 2014 5:01 PM
Global industrial robot sales are booming. U.S. manufacturing jobs ... not so much.
- Porsche Touts A Retro Gimmick In Detroit
January 15 2014 12:52 PM
The 911 Targa features a nothing-new look and a Rube Goldberg-like convertible top that’s bound to impress the easily impressed.
- Check Out Hyundai’s Newly Designed BMW 5 Competitor
January 15 2014 10:41 AM
Hyundai is touting its redesigned Genesis as a 2.0 version of the company's signature design.
- The ‘Model E’ From Tesla - A 'Practical' Range
January 14 2014 1:50 PM
Also, Tesla announced it sold 6,900 vehicles in the fourth quarter of 2013, exceeding guidance.
- Toyota’s Hydrogen FCV Concept - What Are Your Thoughts?
January 13 2014 1:16 PM
The world's largest automaker is showing more details regarding its hydrogen fuel cell concept car, a year ahead of its final draft.
- 2014 North American Car And Truck/Utility Of The Year: The Winners
January 13 2014 7:52 AM
The annual awards ceremony for the best new vehicles kicked off the Detroit Auto Show on Monday. And the winners are …
- What To See At The 2014 Detroit Auto Show
January 10 2014 4:44 PM
Detroit will set aside its bankruptcy worries and roll out the welcome mat to global automakers starting Monday.
- Are These Leaked Photos Of The 2015 Subaru WRX STI?
January 08 2014 3:45 PM
Images of Subaru’s next high-performance, low-cost road rocket have hit the Internet.
- Here Are The Missing Links In Tesla’s Supercharger Network
January 08 2014 1:13 PM
Tesla Motors is fleshing out its network of free Supercharger stations. Free coast-to-coast driving is up ahead.
- Europe's Economy And Young Job Applicants: The Latest Data
January 08 2014 12:13 PM
Some countries have begun to shrink the number of jobless citizens under 25, but not enough to reverse the euro zone trend.
- Toyota Takes Long Bet On Hydrogen
January 07 2014 7:56 PM
Toyota now has a working version of that hydrogen fuel cell car it’s been showing off for the past year.
- How GM's Sales In China Made A Great Leap Forward
January 07 2014 10:28 AM
North America’s largest automaker is seeing double-digit sales growth for its Cadillac luxury brand.
- Analyzing China's New-Car Buying Spree
January 07 2014 6:52 AM
The world’s largest market for passenger cars and light trucks is leaving the U.S. in the dust.
- What Were The Most Popular Electric Cars In Norway?
January 06 2014 1:39 PM
Norway is a small auto market, but it’s big on electric cars -- just look at last year's numbers.
- US New Auto Sales Ended 2013 With A Sigh
January 03 2014 5:10 PM
The year in U.S. auto sales was a bang, but December was a whimper. Shall we blame the weather?