- India, Land Of Little Opportunity
June 24 2014 4:35 PM
An income inequality report underscores little progress in offering home-grown job opportunities for hundreds of millions.
- Avon Lady Hits Hard Times As Company Cuts Another 600 Workers
June 24 2014 1:33 PM
A company that built an empire off door-to-door cosmetics sales is restructuring, again.
- Self-Driving Cadillac SRX Tested By Lawmakers In Publicity Campaign
June 24 2014 11:26 AM
GM and Carnegie Mellon University are showcasing their self-driving SUV on Capitol Hill.
- Rising GOP Stars No High Rollers
June 24 2014 10:09 AM
The new GOP House leaders owe more money than they have and are worth less than the typical House member.
- Maternity Leave: It's Great If You Can Get It
June 23 2014 5:21 PM
Without Congress, Obama can do little to extend the meager family-leave benefits the United States offers it workers.
- More Airbag Woes For Japanese Carmakers
June 23 2014 9:23 AM
Dealerships need to check for exploding airbags in popular models like the Honda CR-V, Nissan Cube and Mazda6.
- Porsche And Maserati Foresee Strong Sales In Asia
June 20 2014 7:54 PM
The Cayenne and the Quattroporte makers say they need more retail outlets to maintain expected growth, especially in Asia.
- Gay Marriage Rights Easier Said Than Done
June 20 2014 4:38 PM
For many gay couples, getting those federal protections means a long trip to a distant state to get married.
- Lawmakers Step Up Pressure To Boot Brunei From Free Trade Talks
June 19 2014 4:50 PM
Rights activists says Brunei should be kicked out of free-trade talks after it legalized capital punishment for gays and adulterers.
- Could Detroit Help Solve America’s Public Pension Problem?
June 19 2014 2:03 PM
City officials and unions are trying to fix the Motor City’s unfunded pension obligations. If it works, the cure could spread.
- No, Ferrari Isn’t Losing Its Chief To Alitalia
June 19 2014 9:24 AM
The Italian press has been drumming up rumors that the longtime Ferrari man would break to the airline industry.
- Ignition Switch Problems … In Chrysler’s Cars?
June 18 2014 2:57 PM
More than 1.2 million Fiat Chrysler vehicles could have the same ignition switch problem GM has been grappling with.
- GM CEO Heads Back To Capitol Hill
June 18 2014 9:50 AM
Mary Barra heads back to D.C., this time to face House members armed with more details about the ignition switch debacle.
- Obama’s Pittsburgh Pledge Won’t Get Him 866,000 Manufacturing Jobs
June 17 2014 3:54 PM
The president said he’ll give entrepreneurs access costly technology. That won’t create the 29,000 manufacturing jobs he needs every month.
- Public Should Know What Mechanics Know, Say Car Safety Advocates
June 17 2014 11:43 AM
Right now, you have to pay to know what automakers are telling mechanics and the government about car defects.
- Executive Order On LGBT Rights Could Have Profound Effect
June 16 2014 7:45 PM
Obama's executive order will ban discrimination by companies that win federal contracts.
- How 430 People Shut Down Philadelphia’s Rail Service
June 16 2014 3:31 PM
Workers closed train service around Philadelphia, and now unions and transport officials must answer to the president.
- Bentley’s First SUV Looks Different As Release Date Nears
June 16 2014 1:07 PM
German auto spies have captured the most revealing photo of the 2016 Bentley EXP 9 F SUV.
- In Search Of One Electric Car Standard
June 16 2014 11:31 AM
Like mobile gadgets, electric vehicle brands have different charging adapters. Top electric car manufacturers want to change that.
- Another Airbag-Related Recall Puts Company In Crosshairs
June 16 2014 9:34 AM
Automaker says it could follow Toyota in recalling cars to check airbags made by company involved in antitrust shenanigans.