Articles by Angelo Young
- Another Good Month For US Auto Sales [LIVE BLOG]
May 01 2013 11:10 AM
UPDATE: Nine auto makers report combined U.S. sales of 1,146,449 vehicles in April; four reported double-digit sales increases; two declines.
- Ford April 2013 US Sales Soar
May 01 2013 10:12 AM
Ford struck the proverbial gold with its two latest popular models, which saw sales climb 24 percent. Buyers are spending more, too.
- In High Gear: Chrysler Sales Rev Up
May 01 2013 8:50 AM
The Auburn Hills, Mich.-based automaker says it had its best April since 2007 - another sign of the U.S. auto industry's health.
- GM Q1: Profits Seen Lower ... But Don't Sell Yet
April 30 2013 12:59 PM
Detroit auto giant GM is expected to report lower first-quarter profits, but analysts expect improved performance overall this year.
- Chinese Duo Face Sentencing In US For Stealing Tech Secrets From GM
April 30 2013 10:02 AM
Shanshan Du and Yu Qin head to court Tuesday to see how long they will serve for stealing GM's hybrid car technology.
- Best Buy Says Bye-Bye To Europe
April 30 2013 8:43 AM
The electronics retailer is ditching Europe just as the partnership with Carphone Warehouse seemed to be gaining momentum.
- Europe Idles: 26.5 Million Out Of Work In March
April 30 2013 7:34 AM
The euro zone jobless rate grew to 12.1 percent in March. Youth unemployment, especially in the south, rose to an appalling level.
- JC Penney Gets A Lifeline
April 29 2013 10:11 AM
The Plano, Texas-based department store chain says the deal gives it the financial strength to continue its reinvention efforts.
- Sanctions Hit Iran Oil Exports
April 29 2013 8:15 AM
Sanctions have cut oil exports by 27 percent, as multinationals back off projects and insurance is used to dissuade refiners.
- IMF Says Asia Boosting Global Economy, But...
April 29 2013 7:27 AM
The International Monetary Fund warned that Asian policymakers should monitor growing financial imbalances fueled by cheap credit.
- April Auto Sales Expected Down 10% From This March, Up 11% From Last April
April 27 2013 10:09 AM
Americans are expected to keep annualized auto sales above 15 million, thanks to sweet interest rates and high trade-in values.
- Sweden's H&M Targets India, US Internet Shoppers
April 26 2013 11:42 AM
The Stockholm-based discount fashion seller has done pretty well in Europe, but it wants a bigger global footprint.