Articles by Angelo Young
- Guess Who Wants Obama To Have TPP Fast Track Authority?
January 30 2014 6:48 PM
Also: Americans are a lot more likely today to think free-trade agreements do more harm than good.
- Check Out The Richest People In US Oil And Gas
January 30 2014 12:20 PM
Out of the 10 richest Americans linked to oil and gas, two are wholly self-made, and four inherited their wealth.
- The (Minimum Wage) States Of The Union
January 29 2014 10:28 PM
Congress has adjusted the wage floor only five times since 1974, so states have had to step in to pick up the slack.
- Hedge Fund Guru: Financial Firms Are ‘Lawless’
January 29 2014 11:00 AM
But wait, there’s more: He also says raising the U.S. minimum wage is bad for the poor.
- Ferdinand Porsche’s First Car Was Electric
January 28 2014 4:33 PM
Lost in a barn since 1902, the first car built by a 22-year-old Porsche namesake has been discovered -- and it's electric.
- Ford’s 2014 Outlook Has Not Changed
January 28 2014 2:30 PM
Ford's share price is trading lower after it reported its 4Q and 2013 performance. Here's why.
- Ford’s 4th Quarter Results Blow Past Street View
January 28 2014 7:32 AM
The Detroit 3 automaker upped its estimates for pretax profit after reporting earnings of 74 cents per share in the fourth quarter.
- US New Auto Sales Forecast
January 27 2014 7:24 PM
It will be the second consecutive January with sales volume topping one million units -- but is that more than usual?
- Hillary Hasn’t Driven A Car In 17 Years
January 27 2014 12:21 PM
And other nuggets from the U.S. Secretary of State’s New Orleans visit to the auto dealers expo.
- Ford Q4 Earnings Preview: Mixed Results
January 24 2014 3:40 PM
It looks like Ford’s profit growth slowdown has already commenced, as the world's fifth largest automaker embarks on a costly year.
- Carl Icahn Vs Apple, Again
January 24 2014 2:32 PM
The activist investor upped his AAPL position and is rallying shareholders for a $50B buyback.
- Tesla's Model S Costs The Same In China, But …
January 23 2014 10:09 AM
Chinese VAT and duties adds $36,700 to the price tag. Tesla says it won’t mark-up the Model S price just because it’s sold in China.
- Who Are America's Long-Term Unemployed?
January 22 2014 1:27 PM
As Congress debates a $6.8 billion package to extend emergency jobless benefits, here’s some sobering data.
- Regarding Safety, How Fit Is The 2015 Honda Fit?
January 22 2014 10:22 AM
Recent minicar crash tests rank the Chevy Spark safest and the Honda Fit as least safe.
- Why More US Urban Households Don’t Have Cars
January 21 2014 3:52 PM
Americans are driving fewer autos for shorter distances. And the trend started before the Great Recession.
- Amid Labor Crackdown, A Grand Coalition Forms In Cambodia
January 21 2014 12:53 PM
Three global labor rights groups have joined 30 retail companies in a strongly worded letter to the prime minister.
- LED Headlights Come Of Age
January 17 2014 3:24 PM
One theme at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show is hidden in plain sight: headlight diversity.
- Tesla Executives Awarded 385K Shares Worth Of Options
January 16 2014 5:15 PM
CTO Jeffrey Straubel received a performance-based option to buy 220,000 of those shares at last Monday’s closing TSLA price.
- Robots Are Taking Over The (Factory) World
January 16 2014 5:01 PM
Global industrial robot sales are booming. U.S. manufacturing jobs ... not so much.
- Porsche Touts A Retro Gimmick In Detroit
January 15 2014 12:52 PM
The 911 Targa features a nothing-new look and a Rube Goldberg-like convertible top that’s bound to impress the easily impressed.