Articles by Angelo Young
- Here’s How Much GM Lost In Peugeot Stake
December 13 2013 2:47 PM
Will GM's relationship with the Europe's second-largest automaker continue?
- 2014 Vehicle Of The Year Finalist ... Recalled
December 13 2013 10:59 AM
Honda wants its MDX to cause a sensation in the luxury SUV segment, but not with rattling driveshafts.
- Should Norwegian Tesla Owners Get A $134,000 Tax Break?
December 13 2013 6:21 AM
Norway is Tesla’s largest overseas market because the Model S is a cheap car there.
- GM Sells Ally Financial Stake, US Government Does Not
December 12 2013 2:04 PM
On the day GM announces sale of Peugeot Stake, automaker says it made $500 million selling what was once GMAC.
- Moody’s Puts Puerto Rico On Notice Over Debt Practices
December 12 2013 10:21 AM
But Puerto Rico's treasury secretary says "economic stabilization" is under way for the debt-wracked U.S. commonwealth.
- SEC Probing Non-GAAP Shenanigans
December 11 2013 10:22 AM
Many companies use nonstandard accounting measures to put a creative spin on their financial reporting. The SEC is looking into that.
- Another Glass Ceiling Shattered: General Motors
December 10 2013 11:47 AM
It’s official: Mary Barra will head the world’s second largest automaker.
- US Taxpayer No Longer Owns Part Of GM
December 09 2013 7:00 PM
The U.S. Treasury said Monday it sold the remaining shares of General Motors. Here’s how much it cost taxpayers.
- Like It Or Not, Honda, Islamic Militants Really Like Your Motorbike
December 09 2013 11:03 AM
Thumbs up for Honda’s cheap, workhorse motorbike in what could be the first motor-vehicle review by an Islamic extremist.
- How Mandela Helped South Africa’s Economy
December 06 2013 3:16 PM
Mandela helped a nation heal apartheid wounds. He also jump-started the country’s post-sanctions economy.
- For Ferrari Hybrid, Less Is More
December 06 2013 11:31 AM
The LaFerrari goes from 0-60 miles per hour in under 3 seconds. And in cars available, it went from 499 to 0 in less than a year.
- Why Tesla's Model S Did Better In Norway Last Month
December 05 2013 11:14 AM
The latest figures from Tesla’s biggest overseas market suggest October’s low Model S sales volume was just a supply-chain hiccup.
- 7 Reasons To Be Concerned About The US Economy
December 05 2013 5:21 AM
The U.S. might not have an abject poverty problem, but it is facing some real poverty-causing issues in its labor market.
- When Electric Car Charging Is A Crime
December 04 2013 12:43 PM
Kaveh Kamooneh may be the first person ever arrested for charging an electric vehicle without consent.
- November US New Car Sales: GM, Chrysler Bounced On Black Friday Hype
December 03 2013 5:51 PM
U.S. car buyers surprised everyone by what they did last weekend: namely, piling into showrooms.
- Why GM's Double-Digit Growth Continued In November
December 03 2013 8:57 AM
If only the rest of the U.S. economy was revving like GM. If only.
- Car Design: How Lights, Grilles And Bumpers Are Changing
December 03 2013 6:28 AM
The front end of the modern car has gone through major changes over the years.
- Tesla Model S Is Safe, Say German Regulators
December 02 2013 6:30 PM
The German auto safety authority sees no reason to look further into those three Tesla Model S fires.
- Why The PC Is Still King When It Comes To Online Shopping
December 02 2013 10:07 AM
Consumers can't live without their smartphones, but there's a reason why mobile devices haven't supplanted PCs for e-purchases.
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli Wins Safety Kudos
November 29 2013 2:32 PM
The Italian luxury brand's answer to the new BMW 5-Series is starting to roll into North American dealerships.