Articles by Angelo Young
- Best Buy Says Bye-Bye To Europe
April 30 2013 8:43 AM
The electronics retailer is ditching Europe just as the partnership with Carphone Warehouse seemed to be gaining momentum.
- Europe Idles: 26.5 Million Out Of Work In March
April 30 2013 7:34 AM
The euro zone jobless rate grew to 12.1 percent in March. Youth unemployment, especially in the south, rose to an appalling level.
- JC Penney Gets A Lifeline
April 29 2013 10:11 AM
The Plano, Texas-based department store chain says the deal gives it the financial strength to continue its reinvention efforts.
- Sanctions Hit Iran Oil Exports
April 29 2013 8:15 AM
Sanctions have cut oil exports by 27 percent, as multinationals back off projects and insurance is used to dissuade refiners.
- IMF Says Asia Boosting Global Economy, But...
April 29 2013 7:27 AM
The International Monetary Fund warned that Asian policymakers should monitor growing financial imbalances fueled by cheap credit.
- April Auto Sales Expected Down 10% From This March, Up 11% From Last April
April 27 2013 10:09 AM
Americans are expected to keep annualized auto sales above 15 million, thanks to sweet interest rates and high trade-in values.
- Sweden's H&M Targets India, US Internet Shoppers
April 26 2013 11:42 AM
The Stockholm-based discount fashion seller has done pretty well in Europe, but it wants a bigger global footprint.
- US House Approves Bill To End Air Traffic Controller Furloughs
April 26 2013 8:48 AM
By exempting the FAA from federal workers' furloughs, U.S. passengers will be spared additional airport delays.
- Dreamliner's Nightmare Nearly Over, At Least In Japan
April 26 2013 7:47 AM
Japanese carriers, which have nearly half of all Boeing 787s in service, say they could return the Dreamliner to service in June.
- China Real Estate Bubble - Experts Say Gov’t Should Avoid Capital Gains Tax On Home Sales
April 25 2013 9:45 AM
The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences says that a policy charging a 20% tax on capital gains is causing higher home prices.
- Verizon Preps $100 Billion Bid For Verizon Wireless: Report
April 25 2013 8:31 AM
Verizon Communications has reportedly hired advisers to prepare a $100 billion cash-and-stock bid to Vodafone for Verizon Wireless.
- Joblessness In Spain Rises To Highest Level In Decades
April 25 2013 7:07 AM
Spain's unemployment rate is already higher than what the IMF said it would peak at in 2013.