- Now GM Has An Ignition Switch Problem With Its Camaro
June 13 2014 3:12 PM
General Motors has another ignition switch problem, but insists it's not as big of a deal as the other one.
- Struggling Guest Workers Look For Relief From Big Retailers
June 12 2014 6:29 PM
Amid congressional inaction on immigration, the private sector is asked to help improve conditions in the seafood industry.
- Japanese Supplier May Have Distributed A Lot Of Faulty Air Bags
June 12 2014 10:40 AM
U.S. safety agency wants to know how many more cars in the industry have air bags installed that are prone to rupture.
- Millennials Better Start Saving Money Now
June 11 2014 7:16 PM
Even as millennials look for a first job, a new report makes it clear that their financial struggles are likely to be lifelong.
- Lots Of Jobs, Little Hiring
June 11 2014 10:39 AM
Employers are posting “Help Wanted” ads at rates not seen since before the Great Recession, but filling those jobs is another story.
- When Experience Works Against You
June 10 2014 5:26 PM
America’s older job-seekers combat persistent age discrimination and the stigma of long-term unemployment by pruning their work histories.
- Obama's 10% Plan Aims To Ease Student Debt Burden
June 09 2014 3:46 PM
The president also urged Republicans to support legislation that would give debtors more muscle against lenders.
- Obama To Announce 'Pay As You Earn' Student Loan Debt Relief
June 09 2014 10:31 AM
U.S. student loans outstanding recently broke a trillion dollars and is impeding economic activity of recent college grads.
- More Jobs, But Not Enough Quality Paychecks
June 06 2014 1:03 PM
Another solid jobs report can't disguise weak wage growth and persistent long-term unemployment.
- GM Won't Compensate Every Ignition Switch Death
June 05 2014 2:59 PM
The automaker says it will pay some victims of its faulty ignition switch, but for those injured before June 9, 2009? It's complicated.
- GM: 'No One Took Responsibility'
June 05 2014 9:32 AM
General Motors CEO Mary Barra blames underlings for keeping vital information from executives related to fatal ignition switch flaw.
- Wal-Mart Protests Highlight Issues For Working Moms
June 04 2014 7:42 PM
Wal-Mart’s low wages and unpredictable scheduling practices are the target of demonstrations this week.
- GM Chief Barra Will Survive Recall Debacle, Insiders Say
June 04 2014 10:50 AM
The auto giant's first female leader is expected to be exonerated of any responsibility for lethal product flaws in an in-house investigation.
- Why Tesla Is Talking About Conflict Minerals
June 03 2014 3:41 PM
A new rule requires companies to disclose where they get certain minerals. That’s easier said than done.
- What GM Knew, And When
June 02 2014 9:29 AM
Former federal prosecutor Anton Valukas is about to release a comprehensive explanation of GM’s yearslong ignition switch debacle.
- How Newark Schooled Zuckerberg
May 30 2014 3:23 PM
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is donating $120 million to Bay Area public schools, and a messy affair in New Jersey was a "big influence."
- Amazon's German Workforce Clashes With Retail Giant
May 30 2014 9:09 AM
German employees at two Amazon.com facilities are on strike amid wage negotiations that hinge on job titles.
- US New Car Sales Are Back, Autoworker Jobs Are Not
May 29 2014 4:21 PM
The strong car-buying pace shows consumers are more financially confident than they’ve been in years, but all is not well for factory workers.
- German Unemployment Jumps; Blame The Weather
May 28 2014 11:37 AM
The number of jobless Germans increased by 24,000 in May, the biggest jump in five years.
- Foreign Students, Like Guest Workers, Charge Abuse In US
May 27 2014 3:31 PM
A Bible college founder is accused of using students’ immigration status to coerce them to work for as little as 90 cents an hour.