Articles by Angelo Young
- November US Auto Sales Preview: Sales Expected Up Around 5%
November 28 2013 11:02 AM
America’s annual big ol' car-buying spree is heating up for the holidays. Consumers are expected to buy 1.2 million cars this month.
- Are Mass Market Hydrogen Fuel Cells Up Ahead?
November 27 2013 10:04 AM
Major automakers are committed to rolling out hydrogen-powered cars well before the end of the decade. Good luck with that.
- Ford (Re)Recalling Escape Due To Fire Risk
November 26 2013 11:35 AM
Ford's Escape is getting recalled, again ... and again, and again.
- i5 Rumor - Is BMW Beating Tesla To The Punch?
November 26 2013 10:25 AM
BMW is already talking about the next i-brand electric car as Tesla is still years from making a more affordable EV.
- 'GTA' As PSA: Computer Game Inspires Anti-Texting Ad
November 25 2013 10:58 AM
"Wheelman," inspired by "Grand Theft Auto 5," wins an Irish road-safety public service announcement contest.
- Why Chrysler's IPO Will Not Occur Until 2014
November 25 2013 9:31 AM
Fiat rebuked a weekend report that said a Chrysler IPO would take place next month.
- Honda’s Lingua Franca Is English
November 22 2013 3:40 PM
The automaker is requiring that its official communications be in English. Execs not schooled in it need to use interpreters.
- Three Takeaways From The Guangzhou Auto Show In China
November 22 2013 12:42 PM
The 2013 Guangzhou auto show offers a more scaled-down venue for looking at what’s happening in the domestic car market.
- Traffic Safety Watchdog: Don't Play With Our Stars
November 22 2013 10:07 AM
Reacting to Tesla’s “better than 5 stars” claim, the NHTSA is cracking down on the manipulation of its ratings.
- Yamaha Could Be First To Use Gordon Murray’s Carmaking Process
November 21 2013 3:56 PM
Over the summer, the famed U.K. car designer said someone bought his iStream concept. Now we know who it was.
- Telsa's Head Of Retail Is Out
November 21 2013 3:37 PM
George Blankenship, head of global retail for the electric car company, updated his LinkedIn profile to announce he’s "done."
- Porsche: A Little Less Of A Man’s Machine? So What
November 21 2013 11:22 AM
The Cayenne SUV, introduced in an effort to go after wealthy soccer moms, is the company’s best-selling vehicle in the U.S.
- The Japanese Believe In Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars
November 20 2013 3:45 PM
Toyota unveils a more developed version of its hydrogen fuel cell car that it wants on the road by 2015.
- Car Colors: Men Lean Red, Women Lean Beige
November 20 2013 12:24 PM
A recent analysis of the used-car market reveals gender differences in vehicle-color preferences. But what does it mean?
- Auto Lending Is Up, By A lot
November 20 2013 9:02 AM
Most U.S. car purchases are financed and outstanding loan balance is at a record high.
- US Car Safety Agency: We Asked Tesla To Cooperate
November 19 2013 12:04 PM
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says decision to investigate vehicle safety issues is an “independent process.”
- Here’s A Video Of A Model S Driver Averting Disaster Like A Boss
November 19 2013 11:26 AM
Here's video of a Tesla Model S NOT burning.
- Did The NHTSA React Only After Tesla CEO Musk Asked It To?
November 19 2013 10:38 AM
Fans predictably laud Musk. Critics unsurprisingly get snarky. Auto writers question whether NHTSA really reacted to a request by Tesla.
- Tesla GAAP Gap: Are Tesla’s Accounting Practices A Risk?
November 19 2013 6:22 AM
The gap between Tesla's generally accepted accounting numbers and its "adjusted" figures is growing.
- Ford Will Use Plant Material To Make Greener Car Fabric
November 18 2013 4:33 PM
Ford says using Coca Cola's recipe for plastic bottles will reduce PET consumption for components like head rests and seat cushions.