Articles by Angelo Young
- Did The NHTSA React Only After Tesla CEO Musk Asked It To?
November 19 2013 10:38 AM
Fans predictably laud Musk. Critics unsurprisingly get snarky. Auto writers question whether NHTSA really reacted to a request by Tesla.
- Tesla GAAP Gap: Are Tesla’s Accounting Practices A Risk?
November 19 2013 6:22 AM
The gap between Tesla's generally accepted accounting numbers and its "adjusted" figures is growing.
- Ford Will Use Plant Material To Make Greener Car Fabric
November 18 2013 4:33 PM
Ford says using Coca Cola's recipe for plastic bottles will reduce PET consumption for components like head rests and seat cushions.
- The Model S Is A Little Cheaper In Europe
November 18 2013 1:05 PM
A completely optioned-out 80 kWh Performance Model S costs $126,000 in the U.S. and $176,000 in Europe. Blame the Euro-VAT.
- First Tesla Model S Owner Made A Bundle Selling Stock
November 18 2013 10:52 AM
Venture capitalist Stephen Jurvetson, board member of Elon Musk’s Tesla and SpaceX, exercised $11 million in stock options.
- General Motors Just Recalled A 2014 Model
November 15 2013 3:31 PM
Some of the most recent Chevy Malibus will either ignore your request for defrost or catch your seat on fire.
- VW All-Electric Golf For US Market: Will Americans Take To It?
November 15 2013 2:39 PM
The German auto giant is betting there’s a U.S. market for an 80-mile range electrified Golf. Good luck with that.
- Subaru Needs More US Factory Capacity
November 15 2013 10:31 AM
Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. makes the Camry for Toyota in Lafayette, Ind., at least for now.
- There Was A Little More Blood On U.S. Highways Last Year
November 14 2013 4:57 PM
The latest U.S. data on highway fatalities is out showing that drunk driving is in.
- This Day In Tesla Insider Trades: VP Exercises Options For $2M
November 14 2013 10:56 AM
The man in charge of Tesla’s powertrain operations recently made $1.6 million exercising 21 percent of his stock options.
- Why Volkswagen Is Recalling Millions Of Cars
November 14 2013 9:02 AM
The world’s third-largest automaker has some issues -- these are the days that are trying VW executives' souls.
- A Layman’s Guide To Why GM’s Bailout Costs Keep Rising
November 13 2013 2:24 PM
The taxpayer’s cost of rescuing GM is about to top $10 billion, but GM’s TARP era isn’t over yet.
- Hey Retailers: Hobby Lobby Won’t Be Open On Thanksgiving
November 13 2013 6:12 AM
The Oklahoma retailer opposes Obamacare on religious grounds, but it also pays a higher starting wage for the same reason.
- Telsa CEO Musk On Those Fires
November 12 2013 4:54 PM
Musk stands behind the safety of his Model S, points out Tesla’s problem right now is meeting supply not creating demand.
- Subaru Teases Pic Of 2015 Debuting In LA Next Week
November 11 2013 4:27 PM
How closely will the 2015 Subaru WRX resemble the concept version spotted in New York earlier this year?
- George Clooney Didn’t Like His Tesla Roadster
November 11 2013 1:28 PM
There’s at least one member of Hollywood’s progressive elite who isn’t fawning over Tesla Motors.
- Nissan’s Future GT-R Sports Car Goes A Little Bit Green
November 11 2013 12:12 PM
Future versions of Nissan’s powerhouse coupe will get some electrically assisted torque. Oh, and it will have lower emissions, too.
- Tennessee Tesla Owner Describes Model S Fire
November 10 2013 1:20 PM
“Two minutes after I walked away, the front of the car caught on fire.”
- Volvo: Fully Electric Cars Are A Niche Market
November 09 2013 1:10 PM
The Swedish carmaker says an electric rear-wheel drive is the way to go.
- Here Are The (Accidentally Released Early) New BMW 2 Series Specs
November 08 2013 12:40 PM
BMW officially released 2 Series details two months earlier than expected.