- GM: 'No One Took Responsibility'
June 05 2014 9:32 AM
General Motors CEO Mary Barra blames underlings for keeping vital information from executives related to fatal ignition switch flaw.
- Wal-Mart Protests Highlight Issues For Working Moms
June 04 2014 7:42 PM
Wal-Mart’s low wages and unpredictable scheduling practices are the target of demonstrations this week.
- GM Chief Barra Will Survive Recall Debacle, Insiders Say
June 04 2014 10:50 AM
The auto giant's first female leader is expected to be exonerated of any responsibility for lethal product flaws in an in-house investigation.
- Why Tesla Is Talking About Conflict Minerals
June 03 2014 3:41 PM
A new rule requires companies to disclose where they get certain minerals. That’s easier said than done.
- What GM Knew, And When
June 02 2014 9:29 AM
Former federal prosecutor Anton Valukas is about to release a comprehensive explanation of GM’s yearslong ignition switch debacle.
- How Newark Schooled Zuckerberg
May 30 2014 3:23 PM
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is donating $120 million to Bay Area public schools, and a messy affair in New Jersey was a "big influence."
- Amazon's German Workforce Clashes With Retail Giant
May 30 2014 9:09 AM
German employees at two Amazon.com facilities are on strike amid wage negotiations that hinge on job titles.
- US New Car Sales Are Back, Autoworker Jobs Are Not
May 29 2014 4:21 PM
The strong car-buying pace shows consumers are more financially confident than they’ve been in years, but all is not well for factory workers.
- German Unemployment Jumps; Blame The Weather
May 28 2014 11:37 AM
The number of jobless Germans increased by 24,000 in May, the biggest jump in five years.
- Foreign Students, Like Guest Workers, Charge Abuse In US
May 27 2014 3:31 PM
A Bible college founder is accused of using students’ immigration status to coerce them to work for as little as 90 cents an hour.
- GM Recall: Canada Probes Fatalities
May 27 2014 9:19 AM
Canada confirms it is examining two fatal accidents in cars subject to the GM ignition switch recall.
- Meet The New GM, Same As The Old GM
May 21 2014 4:18 PM
North America’s largest automaker had a terrible year in 2004. This year is already worse.
- Automation Threatens Jobs Of Even World’s Lowest-Paid Workers
May 20 2014 6:05 PM
Nike proved it can grow business and reduce dependence on labor. This doesn't bode well for low-wage factory workers in Asia, or anywhere.
- With A Focus On Automation, Nike Sheds 106,000 Workers
May 20 2014 11:25 AM
While the decline doesn't correspond with a fall in sales, the biggest cuts have come from Asia, where most of the company’s products are made.
- What AT&T Acquisition Of DirecTV Would Mean For Its Workers
May 19 2014 3:59 PM
The largest telecom in the U.S. has already shed about 22 percent of its workforce since 2007.
- In California, A Hybrid-Car 'Arms Race' Is Brewing
May 18 2014 10:44 AM
For two years running, Toyota’s Prius has been the top-selling car in the largest U.S. market. Honda just knocked it off that perch.
- Tesla Speeds Past Rivals, Becomes California's Top Auto Employer
May 16 2014 9:49 AM
The maker of the luxury Model S electric car has upped hiring by about 13 percent in its home state.
- Wage Protest Targets World's Fast Food Outlets [PHOTOS]
May 15 2014 6:12 PM
Labor rights advocates and union representatives are calling this the largest-ever strike to hit U.S. fast-food companies.
- Fast-Food Labor Actions Go Global
May 15 2014 10:29 AM
Labor rights organizers and employees of the world’s largest fast-food chains have taken global a U.S. movement demanding higher wages.
- New Questions About the Safety of Computer Chip Manufacturing
May 14 2014 8:18 PM
The science isn't definitive, but something seems to be giving Samsung workers cancer.