- Outsourcing Firms Dominate Guest Worker Visa Program
April 16 2014 12:25 PM
IT outsourcing firms with Indian ties are flooding the U.S. guest worker application system to obtain the greatest share of guest worker visas.
- These 50 US Cities Are Desperately Seeking Employees
April 16 2014 11:11 AM
One trend: via energy and spinoff jobs, the oil and gas boom is tightening local labor markets in Texas, Louisiana, Utah and North Dakota.
- McDonald’s Canada: A Guest Worker Program Under Scrutiny
April 14 2014 5:10 PM
Canadian franchise operators for the world's largest quick-service restaurant chain face accusations of preferring foreign temps over locals.
- Why Amazon Is Offering As Much As $5,000 To Workers Who Quit
April 14 2014 12:51 PM
Amazon bought Zappos in 2009, and four years after the acquisition the company has adopted one of its unconventional human resource strategies.
- US Companies Submitted 173,000 Requests For Skilled Guest Workers In FY2015
April 10 2014 6:12 PM
The country's immigration authority said Thursday it received almost 88,000 more visas than are available before closing the door for 2015.
- Murdered Labor Activists In Colombia Undermine Free Trade Promises
April 10 2014 12:36 PM
Colombia continues to be one of the most dangerous countries for union activism despite years of free trade.
- Why US Women Lose Fewer Jobs Than Men During Economic Downturns
April 08 2014 10:49 AM
Women now have a greater share of the U.S. jobs market than before the Great Recession, but for the wrong reason.
- March US Jobs Report: Ho-Hum, With A Side Of Optimism
April 04 2014 11:17 AM
There are still 3.7 million long-term unemployed, and youth rates remain in double digits.
- Here’s How Bad The Job Market Is For Younger Female Veterans
April 03 2014 1:13 PM
Looking for federal contracts? Then you have new affirmative action quotas to contend with regarding veterans and the disabled.
- Australia Cuts Funds To Fight Sweatshops
April 02 2014 2:40 PM
The center-right Abbot administration is cutting a program that has boosted ethical sourcing in the country’s garment industry.
- March US Sales Put Spring In Automakers' Step
April 01 2014 4:52 PM
Most industry watchers expected the end to a harsh winter to boost sales last month. But not by this much.
- Here Comes A 'Good Kind Of Trouble': Nissan Sales Soar With Rogue SUV
April 01 2014 8:46 AM
Small crossovers like the Rogue have been the fastest-growing segment, recently reaching an 18 percent market share.
- After Tennessee Failure, Auto Unions Bid For Canada
March 31 2014 8:30 PM
Canadian workers could turn three Toyota factories in union workshops, which could embolden the UAW in the U.S.
- Will March Be The Comeback Month For US Auto Sales?
March 31 2014 9:24 AM
New-vehicle deliveries were hit by harsh winter weather. Here's what analysts expect for the arrival of spring.
- Tesla Model S Fires Are Not A Safety Concern: Feds
March 28 2014 11:01 AM
Tesla Motors has been vindicated; the U.S. government has closed an investigation into Model S fire safety.
- Northwestern's Football Labor Ruling Has A Long Road To Fruition
March 28 2014 7:02 AM
It will be months before players have their day in court, even if the left-leaning NLRB upholds Wednesday's decision.
- US Personal Incomes Up In 2013, Except In Civilian Gov’t
March 25 2014 12:36 PM
U.S. personal income growth slowed last year thanks to late 2012 sequestration scrambling, and the expiration of the payroll tax holiday.
- Here’s What Walmart’s Annual Report Says About Food Stamps
March 24 2014 11:11 AM
For the first time in its annual report, Walmart recognizes reductions to public assistance as a bottom-line risk.
- Is ‘New GM’ Fully Protected From The Sins Of ‘Old GM'?
March 21 2014 2:48 PM
GM’s 2009 reorganization exempts it from earlier legal liabilities linked to its defective ignition switch. Unless it doesn’t.
- Here's Arizona's Pitch For Tesla
March 20 2014 10:37 AM
A state senate committee is working on a bill that would help electric car automakers. Will traditional dealerships protest?