- Court Deals A Setback To Public Unions, Not Fatal Blow (Yet)
June 30 2014 4:23 PM
It's only a matter of time before another challenge to public worker union activity reaches the Supreme Court.
- GM To Pay At Least $1M For Each Death
June 30 2014 1:15 PM
The Detroit automaker came up with some numbers on Monday on how it intends to compensate ignition switch victims.
- Group Calls For 20K Annual Allowance For All Canadians
June 30 2014 11:58 AM
Canadian lefties are calling for an annual minimum salary for all citizens, regardless of employment status.
- GM Compensation Chief To Outline Who Qualifies
June 30 2014 9:01 AM
Who gets money, and how much, for injuries linked to that poorly made ignition switch are lingering questions.
- US New-Car Sales Slow Down In June, Speed Up In 2014
June 27 2014 4:29 PM
June lost a weekend to May this year, creating one of those statistical quirks in auto sales numbers.
- Boeing Plans Successor To 757
June 27 2014 10:19 AM
The company will make a modern version of the 757 to fill a void between too small and too big.
- Federal Grand Jury Has GM In Its Sights
June 26 2014 6:16 PM
The company is being investigated by all three branches of the federal government.
- Prepare For A Slowdown: West Coast Port Workers' Contract About To Run Out
June 26 2014 6:11 PM
U.S. West Coast ports are likely to see productivity fall as a six-year labor contract ends on Monday.
- Daimler Says Maybach Isn’t Dead
June 26 2014 10:28 AM
Sheikhs, rappers, CEOs and world leaders take note: Maybach isn’t dead, and Daimler has an armored limo in the works.
- Indiana Same-Sex Couples Rush To Marry, While They Can
June 25 2014 4:29 PM
Two important court rulings in the U.S. Wednesday expand same-sex marriage, but Indiana's top attorney is trying to block it.
- No Wealth Recovery In Sight For Most Americans
June 25 2014 11:49 AM
A sobering new study shows just how bad the postrecession recovery process has been for most Americans.
- Toyota Prices Its Hydrogen Green Machine
June 25 2014 9:25 AM
First came the Prius, the first mass market hybrid. Now Toyota is hoping its FCV will break new ground.
- India, Land Of Little Opportunity
June 24 2014 4:35 PM
An income inequality report underscores little progress in offering home-grown job opportunities for hundreds of millions.
- Avon Lady Hits Hard Times As Company Cuts Another 600 Workers
June 24 2014 1:33 PM
A company that built an empire off door-to-door cosmetics sales is restructuring, again.
- Self-Driving Cadillac SRX Tested By Lawmakers In Publicity Campaign
June 24 2014 11:26 AM
GM and Carnegie Mellon University are showcasing their self-driving SUV on Capitol Hill.
- Rising GOP Stars No High Rollers
June 24 2014 10:09 AM
The new GOP House leaders owe more money than they have and are worth less than the typical House member.
- Maternity Leave: It's Great If You Can Get It
June 23 2014 5:21 PM
Without Congress, Obama can do little to extend the meager family-leave benefits the United States offers it workers.
- More Airbag Woes For Japanese Carmakers
June 23 2014 9:23 AM
Dealerships need to check for exploding airbags in popular models like the Honda CR-V, Nissan Cube and Mazda6.
- Porsche And Maserati Foresee Strong Sales In Asia
June 20 2014 7:54 PM
The Cayenne and the Quattroporte makers say they need more retail outlets to maintain expected growth, especially in Asia.
- Gay Marriage Rights Easier Said Than Done
June 20 2014 4:38 PM
For many gay couples, getting those federal protections means a long trip to a distant state to get married.