Articles by Angelo Young
- 7 Reasons To Be Concerned About The US Economy
December 05 2013 5:21 AM
The U.S. might not have an abject poverty problem, but it is facing some real poverty-causing issues in its labor market.
- When Electric Car Charging Is A Crime
December 04 2013 12:43 PM
Kaveh Kamooneh may be the first person ever arrested for charging an electric vehicle without consent.
- November US New Car Sales: GM, Chrysler Bounced On Black Friday Hype
December 03 2013 5:51 PM
U.S. car buyers surprised everyone by what they did last weekend: namely, piling into showrooms.
- Why GM's Double-Digit Growth Continued In November
December 03 2013 8:57 AM
If only the rest of the U.S. economy was revving like GM. If only.
- Car Design: How Lights, Grilles And Bumpers Are Changing
December 03 2013 6:28 AM
The front end of the modern car has gone through major changes over the years.
- Tesla Model S Is Safe, Say German Regulators
December 02 2013 6:30 PM
The German auto safety authority sees no reason to look further into those three Tesla Model S fires.
- Why The PC Is Still King When It Comes To Online Shopping
December 02 2013 10:07 AM
Consumers can't live without their smartphones, but there's a reason why mobile devices haven't supplanted PCs for e-purchases.
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli Wins Safety Kudos
November 29 2013 2:32 PM
The Italian luxury brand's answer to the new BMW 5-Series is starting to roll into North American dealerships.
- Study: New Gas Engines Are More Efficient, And Dirtier
November 29 2013 12:46 PM
German industrial testing association TUV Nord says without exhaust filters direct injection engines are dirtier than their antecedents.
- Black Friday Is Going Global; You Can Thank Online Retail For That
November 29 2013 10:59 AM
Black Friday is spreading outside of the U.S.
- November US Auto Sales Preview: Sales Expected Up Around 5%
November 28 2013 11:02 AM
America’s annual big ol' car-buying spree is heating up for the holidays. Consumers are expected to buy 1.2 million cars this month.
- Are Mass Market Hydrogen Fuel Cells Up Ahead?
November 27 2013 10:04 AM
Major automakers are committed to rolling out hydrogen-powered cars well before the end of the decade. Good luck with that.
- Ford (Re)Recalling Escape Due To Fire Risk
November 26 2013 11:35 AM
Ford's Escape is getting recalled, again ... and again, and again.
- i5 Rumor - Is BMW Beating Tesla To The Punch?
November 26 2013 10:25 AM
BMW is already talking about the next i-brand electric car as Tesla is still years from making a more affordable EV.
- 'GTA' As PSA: Computer Game Inspires Anti-Texting Ad
November 25 2013 10:58 AM
"Wheelman," inspired by "Grand Theft Auto 5," wins an Irish road-safety public service announcement contest.
- Why Chrysler's IPO Will Not Occur Until 2014
November 25 2013 9:31 AM
Fiat rebuked a weekend report that said a Chrysler IPO would take place next month.
- Honda’s Lingua Franca Is English
November 22 2013 3:40 PM
The automaker is requiring that its official communications be in English. Execs not schooled in it need to use interpreters.
- Three Takeaways From The Guangzhou Auto Show In China
November 22 2013 12:42 PM
The 2013 Guangzhou auto show offers a more scaled-down venue for looking at what’s happening in the domestic car market.
- Traffic Safety Watchdog: Don't Play With Our Stars
November 22 2013 10:07 AM
Reacting to Tesla’s “better than 5 stars” claim, the NHTSA is cracking down on the manipulation of its ratings.
- Yamaha Could Be First To Use Gordon Murray’s Carmaking Process
November 21 2013 3:56 PM
Over the summer, the famed U.K. car designer said someone bought his iStream concept. Now we know who it was.