- No End To China's Appetite For Cars
July 07 2014 3:41 PM
China became the world’s largest auto market four years ago, and its lead over the U.S. keeps growing.
- Student Loan Debt Might Not Be Why Home Ownership Is Down
July 07 2014 9:27 AM
The Fed says rising cost of higher education is pushing down home ownership, but a recent report says the link isn't clear.
- For Many, US Jobs Market Recovery Is Taking Too Long
July 03 2014 2:24 PM
The stock market might be cheering June’s jobs report, but there’s still a lot of pain out there.
- US Unemployment Fell In June For The Right Reason
July 03 2014 11:49 AM
"No matter how you dig into it, it shows the labor market is improving.”
- As Unemployment Rate Falls, US Economy Accelerates
July 03 2014 8:55 AM
U.S. hiring picked up pace in June, adding more jobs to the economy than expected.
- Student Loan Rates Rise For Upcoming Academic Year
July 02 2014 11:02 AM
The rate is lower than it would have been without a law passed last year, it but could be higher in the future.
- Recalls Put The Brake On Chevy Sedan Sales
July 01 2014 6:30 PM
June U.S. new-car sales were stronger than expected. For GM’s Chevy sedans, not so much.
- A Million Broken Promises
July 01 2014 10:39 AM
In 1974, the U.S. said earned pension benefits could not be taken away. Today, a million face losing what they earned.
- Court Deals A Setback To Public Unions, Not Fatal Blow (Yet)
June 30 2014 4:23 PM
It's only a matter of time before another challenge to public worker union activity reaches the Supreme Court.
- GM To Pay At Least $1M For Each Death
June 30 2014 1:15 PM
The Detroit automaker came up with some numbers on Monday on how it intends to compensate ignition switch victims.
- Group Calls For 20K Annual Allowance For All Canadians
June 30 2014 11:58 AM
Canadian lefties are calling for an annual minimum salary for all citizens, regardless of employment status.
- GM Compensation Chief To Outline Who Qualifies
June 30 2014 9:01 AM
Who gets money, and how much, for injuries linked to that poorly made ignition switch are lingering questions.
- US New-Car Sales Slow Down In June, Speed Up In 2014
June 27 2014 4:29 PM
June lost a weekend to May this year, creating one of those statistical quirks in auto sales numbers.
- Boeing Plans Successor To 757
June 27 2014 10:19 AM
The company will make a modern version of the 757 to fill a void between too small and too big.
- Federal Grand Jury Has GM In Its Sights
June 26 2014 6:16 PM
The company is being investigated by all three branches of the federal government.
- Prepare For A Slowdown: West Coast Port Workers' Contract About To Run Out
June 26 2014 6:11 PM
U.S. West Coast ports are likely to see productivity fall as a six-year labor contract ends on Monday.
- Daimler Says Maybach Isn’t Dead
June 26 2014 10:28 AM
Sheikhs, rappers, CEOs and world leaders take note: Maybach isn’t dead, and Daimler has an armored limo in the works.
- Indiana Same-Sex Couples Rush To Marry, While They Can
June 25 2014 4:29 PM
Two important court rulings in the U.S. Wednesday expand same-sex marriage, but Indiana's top attorney is trying to block it.
- No Wealth Recovery In Sight For Most Americans
June 25 2014 11:49 AM
A sobering new study shows just how bad the postrecession recovery process has been for most Americans.
- Toyota Prices Its Hydrogen Green Machine
June 25 2014 9:25 AM
First came the Prius, the first mass market hybrid. Now Toyota is hoping its FCV will break new ground.