Articles by Angelo Young
- Ohio Workers Start Producing Honda’s New Hybrid Accord
September 06 2013 11:05 AM
Honda claims the 2014 Accord Hybrid has the longest range of any mid-size sedan hybrid.
- Elon Musk: Superchargers To Bridge US Coasts
September 05 2013 4:17 PM
The founder of Tesla Motors is taking his Model S electric car across America using just his Supercharger network.
- Hey GM, Where’s The Taxpayers' Money?
September 05 2013 2:15 PM
General Motors is making nearly $8 billion in annual profit, but it still owes America about $16 billion. What gives?
- US Auto Sales For August Hit Pre-Recession Levels
September 04 2013 6:07 PM
Americans bought more cars in August than they have in any other month since 2007.
- Ford Fusion Is Getting Luxury Treatment With The Vignale
September 04 2013 1:22 PM
Americans are buying as many Fusion sedans as Ford can make, but they probably won’t get their hands on the Vignale.
- Detroit 3 Sold 663k Vehicles In August - On Pace For Strong 2013
September 04 2013 11:25 AM
If total U.S. auto sales estimates are accurate, then the Detroit 3 sold 45 percent of all light passenger vehicles last month.
- Tesla’s China Trademark Dilemma Is A Bitter Lesson For Multinationals
August 30 2013 9:06 PM
Despite China’s new trademark law, companies still need to plan well ahead before entering the mainland market.
- Labor Day Weekend: Time To Shop For Deals On 2013 Vehicles
August 30 2013 5:56 AM
Now’s the time to shop for bargains on this year's cars and trucks as 2014 models start showing up on the lots.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Seen Surging 100-Fold By 2020
August 29 2013 10:35 AM
With a slew of plug-in vehicles entering the market, the infrastructure to support them is growing even faster.
- China On A Roll Recalling (Foreign-Branded) Cars
August 28 2013 6:05 AM
At least four foreign automakers have been hit with recalls in China this month. The government says safety is the goal.
- Tesla’s Current Big Challenge: Chinese Red Tape
August 28 2013 5:56 AM
Tesla’s efforts to enter China, the world’s largest auto market, is still facing some bureaucratic speed bumps.
- Global Auto Sales Data: China And Brazil Are Outpacing Russia And India
August 26 2013 3:33 PM
In 2010-2012, BRIC auto sales growth was 11.8 percent. Projections from 2013 to 2015 see growth slowing.
- Detroit Electric’s SP:01 (‘The Other Tesla Roadster’) Misses Production Deadline
August 26 2013 11:19 AM
The revived electric car maker has put its factory on hold as it engages in "negotiations."
- 5 Ways Tesla Could Become A Mainstream Automaker
August 24 2013 10:42 AM
Musk says he's tired, but making Tesla the automotive version of Apple isn't getting easier.
- Gordon Murray’s City Car Concept Sold To Undeclared Buyer
August 23 2013 2:23 PM
Gordon Murray says an undisclosed buyer has purchased his proof-of-design T.25 and T.27 (electric) city cars.
- US Auto Sales Preview For August: Best Month Since 2007
August 23 2013 11:36 AM
American car buyers are careening toward the strongest auto sales cycle since before the Great Recession.
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Heads To Frankfurt Motor Show
August 22 2013 2:57 PM
Joining the trinity of American pony cars is a convertible version of this high-speed classic.
- BMW Unveils Concept X5 Plug-in Hybrid Ahead Of Frankfurt Motor Show
August 22 2013 12:20 PM
With the Frankfurt auto show a month away, BMW shows off a concept plug-in hybrid version of its X5 SUV.
- US Wages: An American Dream Or Nightmare?
August 21 2013 6:31 PM
Since 2000, the wages for most American workers have remained the same even as productivity has increased significantly.
- Abenomics Is Lowering Auto Parts Prices In US
August 21 2013 4:04 PM
Price inflation in the auto market is slowing. You can thank Japan for that.