- And The State With The Lowest Taxes Is?
March 19 2014 2:41 PM
Compare state and local sales tax to total state tax burdens across the U.S. using this data.
- Is McDonald’s Forcing Employees To Work Off The Clock?
March 18 2014 5:00 PM
Fast-food employees and their allies charge that McDonald’s is stealing their time by making them work for free.
- Here's The GOP's US Defense Budget Cutting Strategy
March 18 2014 10:03 AM
As the U.S. scales back defense spending from post-WWII highs, spending priorities are being scrutinized.
- Parisians Breathing A Little Easier
March 17 2014 10:19 AM
The French capital imposed its first car ban in 17 years, with encouraging results, after a weekend of restrictions.
- Could GM’s Faulty Ignition Switch Be In Your Local Parts Store?
March 14 2014 6:36 PM
The way GM handled its faulty ignition switch means consumers can't be sure the parts they buy aren't also flawed.
- You Won't Believe How Bad Paris' Air Is Currently
March 14 2014 1:04 PM
The City of Light is enjoying an early spring, but the weather is pushing air pollution to the ground.
- When Is McDonald’s Responsible (Or Not) For How Its Franchisees Operate?
March 13 2014 5:36 PM
Seven suits in three states announced Thursday claim world’s largest fast-food chain doesn’t get to skirt alleged violations of its franchisers.
- Will More Workers Start Getting Overtime Pay?
March 12 2014 5:18 PM
The president is pushing to expand the number of workers who would qualify for overtime pay. The usual sides converge.
- How A Small Shop Mechanic Helped Trigger A Large GM Recall
March 12 2014 2:28 PM
It took a Georgia nurse’s death, a Mississippi mechanic’s precision, and a team of Florida forensic engineers to produce these images.
- Should Disabled Workers Be Paid Less?
March 11 2014 2:24 PM
A 76-year-old labor law says disabled people can be paid less than non-disabled people in some circumstances.
- Is ‘New’ GM Responsible For What ‘Old’ GM Did?
March 10 2014 2:53 PM
General Motors Co. is only 4 years old. So who's responsible for the ignition issues dating back to 2004?
- Volvo’s PR Flub In China Shows Why Social Media Managers Matter
March 10 2014 10:54 AM
The Sweden-based, Chinese-owned automaker just learned a valuable lesson on outsourcing social media marketing.
- When Is A Drone A Model Aircraft?
March 07 2014 12:46 PM
Drones will not be used to deliver pizza, but current regulations are lacking as to how they can be used.
- Here's Your Next Chance To See Edward Snowden Speak
March 07 2014 10:18 AM
The man the U.S. government would really like to get its hands on will answer questions from the public on Monday.
- How Budget Cuts Have Grown One Part Of US Defense Spending
March 07 2014 6:52 AM
The OGS fund reintroduced defense spending that would otherwise be cut, and its growth has exploded since 2013.
- Why Ford's China Sales Uptrend Doesn't Tell The Whole Story
March 06 2014 9:35 AM
Ford is working hard to become a significant presence in China, where it surpassed Honda and Toyota in sales volume last year.
- Did Washington State’s Minimum Wage Bet Pay Off?
March 05 2014 1:59 PM
Since 1999, Washington has had the most generous U.S. state minimum wage. Here’s what happened to its jobless figures.
- February US Auto Sales Frozen, Waiting For Spring
March 03 2014 6:16 PM
Sales for the month just ended missed analysts' forecasts thanks to what has been in the weather forecast.
- Not Even The Silverado Could Prevent A February GM Sales Chill
March 03 2014 7:02 AM
General Motors saw sales retreat this winter; a bright spot: Inventories declined from three-digit territory.
- Just Who Is Buying Plug-In Electric Cars?
February 28 2014 12:25 PM
A new poll shows a correlation between the model of plug-in electric car and the motivation for choosing it.