Articles by Angelo Young
- Is Tesla Planning A Major North American Battery Factory?
November 06 2013 10:04 AM
The recent cell supply deal with Panasonic can provide about 250,000 battery packs through 2017. Musk says it’s not enough.
- Is It Reasonable To Expect Tesla To Deliver Your Electric Crossover By The End Of Next Year?
November 06 2013 9:04 AM
Tesla's Elon Musk gave the latest details on Model X production after the company released disappointing third-quarter earnings data.
- Here's How New York City Is Taming Traffic ... And Saving Lives
November 06 2013 6:22 AM
In just over a decade, New York City has become markedly more pedestrian-friendly, and the stats back that up.
- Tesla Q3 Earnings: Not Good News
November 05 2013 4:19 PM
Using general accounting principles -- Tesla lost $38.5M in the quarter or 32 cents per share, worse than expected.
- Tesla Model S In China Can Cost As Much As A Bentley In The US
November 05 2013 11:46 AM
Tesla Motors is one step closer to testing the waters of wealthy Chinese embrace of its electric luxury cars.
- Meet The Cancer Patient Losing Her Medical Insurance Under Obamacare
November 04 2013 3:21 PM
The health-conscious, church-going hiker says she’s losing her health coverage for stage 4 cancer treatment.
- Tesla In Norway: Total Model S October Deliveries Dropped Significantly
November 04 2013 12:06 PM
The Tesla Model S represented 5.1% of all vehicle registrations in Norway in September. Last month it fell to 0.8%.
- October US Auto Sales - Like Plain Oatmeal, Nourishing But Bland
November 01 2013 5:09 PM
The 16-day partial government shutdown had an effect on sales, but consumers bounced back quickly, which prevented any resounding impact.
- No Unpleasant October Surprise For Big 3 US Automakers
November 01 2013 8:40 AM
GM, Ford and Chrysler sales last month increased at a nearly double-digit rate, which suggests a strong 2013 performance.
- Tesla’s Third Quarter: Analysts See Small Profit As Global Expansion Revs-Up
November 01 2013 6:21 AM
Tesla Motors reports on Tuesday. Here’s what you should look for besides a profit.
- Where Is The Tesla Model S The Most Popular Car?
October 31 2013 6:24 PM
(Hint: It’s not far from the company’s headquarters)
- Stunner From PIMCO’s Bill Gross On Taxing US Investments
October 31 2013 1:17 PM
The head of $2 trillion in assets under management said he now finds his "intellectual leanings shifting to the plight of labor."
- GM’s CEO: We Want To Sell Cars Online
October 31 2013 11:47 AM
But auto dealers really, really don’t want competition from manufacturers.
- US Health Care Costs - Can They Be Contained?
October 31 2013 10:12 AM
As the nation grapples with its alarming rise in health care costs, MIT looks at why technology hasn’t helped.
- Tesla Unveils New Details Of Its Supercharger Expansion; East Coast Next
October 30 2013 12:08 PM
A week ahead of Tesla's third quarter earnings, CEO Elon Musk reveals new details on his company's fast-charging stations.
- Tesla, Panasonic Extend Relationship To 2017
October 30 2013 8:22 AM
The deal keeps the Japanese electronics giant supplying batteries for Tesla's electric cars.
- General Motors Third Quarter: Profit Beats, Revenue Misses
October 30 2013 8:15 AM
GM profit rises $1.6 billion, excluding one-time hits. Revenue misses by $500 million.
- GM, Chrysler TARP Bailout Cost Will Likely Top $11 Billion
October 29 2013 6:09 PM
The quarterly report of the TARP watchdog outlines the current status of the huge government bailout program.
- 'Teslots' In Anti-Media Tweets For Mexico Car Fire Stories
October 29 2013 1:25 PM
The most common refrain: Model S fires are less likely than fires for all other cars.
- GM Q3 Earnings Preview: Revenue, Profit Up; EPS Seen Flat On Dilution
October 29 2013 5:45 AM
The world's second-largest automaker reports its third quarter earnings Wednesday. Here's what we know.