- The Popocatepetl volcano near Mexico City has spewed huge plumes of ash and fiery rocks Saturday night, terrifying local villagers and forcing a local airport to close down.
- With Mother?s Day coming up online matrimonial portal, Shaadi.com, conducted a survey to find out who is the most ideal celebrity mother of Bollywood. And according to the survey result, newly mother Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has topped the list of the ?Ideal Celebrity Mom? in Bollywood, a title she shares with Hollywood counterpart actress Angelina Jolie.
Kate Middleton?s Low-Cut, Lace-Back Turquoise Gown Grabs All Attention At Olympic Gala Concert [PHOTOS]The Duchess of Cambridge has again surprised her royal fans at a star-studded gala dinner Friday night with her dress code and fashion sense. Kate Middleton often looks pretty when she steps out, but when she arrived for the Our Greatest Team Rises event on Friday night to celebrate Team GB and Paralympics GB at the Royal Albert Hall, in central London, she looked stunning in a beautiful Jenny Packham gown from the Spring 2012 collection.
- The discovery of oldest known Mayan calendar to date gives no hint that the world would come to an end in Dec. 2012- a belief held by 10 percent of the world?s population. Archaeologists in Gautemala have uncovered a small room in Mayan ruins where royal scribes used walls like blackboard to write astronomical records some 1,200 years ago. The walls used for writing astronomical records also revealed the oldest known astronomical tables from the Maya.
Jackie Green Becomes First Transgender To Enter Miss England Semi-Final; Will She Create History By Winning The Beauty Pageant? [PHOTOS]Jackie Green, the British teenager who made history by having sex change at the age of 16, is now looking forward to win Miss England after entering into semi-final of the beauty pageant.
- Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has been attending the Cannes International Film Festival since 2002. However, there were rumors that the actress wouldn't be attending the 65th Cannes International Film Festival, scheduled to be held between May 16 and 27, because of the oodles of weight she has gained post-pregnancy.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan attended the grand dinner hosted by Mukesh and Nita Ambani at their residence Antilia held in the honor of United Nations' Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon. The party was also attended by Bollywood biggies like Aamir Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Shabana Azmi, Karishma Kapoor, Javed Akhtar among others. What caught everyone's attention in the party was the supposed conversation between Ban and Aishwarya.
- A high school principal has resigned after stories surfaced claiming that she created a fake Facebook account to keep an eye on her students.
- The face of Myra Hindley, Britain's most feared person, appeared on the side of a family's fridge. Debby Evans was terrified when she saw the strange resemblance to the Moors murderer in a photo she took of the optical illusion after a trick of the light caused the scary image of the Hindley to appear.
- The much-awaited full moon of the year graced the skies Saturday night, emerging bigger and brighter than usual, as it came closer to the earth.
- A SlutWalk rally was organized by some 70 protesters at Jerusalem's Paris Square Friday morning to protest against sexual violence and to respond against the claims that women's attire or her behavior provoked rape and sexual assault.
Daniel Chong Forgotten In DEA Cell: Lawyer Files $20M Lawsuit Claiming His Client Was Subjected to ?Torture?A UC San Diego student, who was forgotten by the DEA in a cell for five days without food, water or any human contact, has filed a $20 million lawsuit against federal drug officials saying he suffered kidney failure. Daniel Chong's attorney Eugene Iredale has sent a five-page demand notice to the Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) general counsel, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.
- Patricia Krentcil, the New Jersey mother who is accused of burning her 5-year-old daughter after taking her to a tanning salon, appeared in Superior court in Newark and pleaded not guilty. Krentcil is facing a second-degree child endangerment charge and on Wednesday entered a not guilty plea to the charges.
13-Year-Old Boy Discovers Mistake On 6th Century Byzantine Empire?s Map At Metropolitan Museum Of ArtVisitors often ask questions about the accuracy of an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but not all of them are right. However, a seventh grade boy has found out a mistake at the Metropolitan Museum in New York City and he was right, says Helen Evans, one of the curators of the museum.
- Women generally have a strong inclination towards long hair and so does actress Cameron Diaz. The 39-year-old actress recently admitted that having to shorten her hair led her to burst into tears. On Tuesday, the actress told Jay Leno on NBC's The Tonight Show that she never wanted her long blonde tresses to be chopped off.
- Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's post pregnancy weight might have attracted some criticism for the oodles of weight she has gained, but celebrity sites aren't neglecting the actress style. The former Miss World has been voted as the best dressed celebrity on the red carpet in an online survey conducted by Yahoo! India. The actress and husband Abhishek Bachchan were also voted as the most stylish Bollywood couple.
- Actress Drew Barrymore (37) hasn't publically announced that she is expecting her first child.
- A judge Tuesday ruled that a woman, who threw away the $1 million winning lottery ticket right after she had bought it, was entitled to the money.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie isn't worried about comedian Jimmy Kimmel's fat jokes about his weight at the White House Correspondents' Dinner Saturday.
- A South Carolina teacher was accused of dragging a seventh-grade student by his shirt collar under a table, telling him that this is what the Nazis do to Jews, police said Monday.