- Chicago Mom Loses All Four Kids to Gun Violence
January 28 2013 1:03 PM
A woman who lamented the loss of her three children to guns now has lost her fourth, and final son, to the same plague.
- Path To Citizenship Stressed In Bipartisan US Immigration Proposal
January 28 2013 11:13 AM
However, the popular DREAM Act is notably absent from a plan that aims to simplify the process of legalization for undocumented immigrants.
- These US Senators Might Miss Their Checks Under 'No Budget, No Pay'
January 25 2013 4:17 PM
While many U.S. senators are very wealthy, these lawmakers would certainly miss their $174,000-per-year paychecks if a Republican measure passes.
- Feinstein Bill Allows US Officials To Own Assault Weapons
January 25 2013 12:39 PM
Not everyone is exempted from owning military-style assault weapons under new legislation proposed by the Democratic senator.
- Women In Combat Could Help Cut Sexual Assaults: General
January 25 2013 11:22 AM
Allowing women to take on front-line roles could help transform the military's misogynistic culture, Army Gen. Martin Dempsey said.
- US Sen. Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban
January 24 2013 11:05 AM
The Democratic senator will introduce a new assault weapons ban, which will likely be opposed by Republicans and even some Democrats.
- Military Women: Where Can They Serve In Direct Combat?
January 23 2013 6:24 PM
The United States will join only a handful of countries that allow women to serve in direct combat positions.
- Panetta To Lift Ban On Women In Combat
January 23 2013 3:50 PM
Panetta is lifting the controversial ban after four female U.S. service members filed a lawsuit challenging the policy.
- Clinton Blows Up At GOP Senator At Benghazi Hearing
January 23 2013 1:18 PM
The secretary of state became impatient with Republican Ron Johnson's line of questioning on the consulate attacks.
- NRA: Obama Made 'Mockery' Of Constitution By Including Gun Control In Inaugural
January 23 2013 12:37 PM
NRA CEO LaPierre said Obama trampled on the Second Amendment by insulting gun rights supporters during his second Inaugural address.
- Hillary Clinton Benghazi Introductory Testimony
January 23 2013 10:50 AM
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's introductory testimony for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
- Clinton: We're Improving Security At US Diplomatic Missions
January 23 2013 10:50 AM
In one of her last duties as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton is appearing before the House and Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
- Poor US Women Often Forced to Forgo Rent, Groceries To Save For Abortion
January 22 2013 11:01 AM
Forty years after the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision, many U.S. women still face barriers to obtaining abortion services, the Guttmacher Institute says.
- US Cliff Deal Creates 'World's Smallest' Tax Bracket
January 22 2013 5:48 AM
The Tax Policy Center points out that the recent "fiscal cliff" deal created a new tax bracket -- one inhabited by 500 people.
- Republicans Propose Suspending US Debt Ceiling Until May 19
January 21 2013 4:10 PM
The House will vote on suspending the debt ceiling for four months, gaining the GOP more time to fight for spending cuts.
- After Obama's Inauguration, It'll Be Back To Politics As Usual
January 21 2013 1:07 PM
After four days of ceremonial events dominating the news cycle, Obama will return Tuesday to a harsh Washington reality.
- These Are The Corporations Sponsoring Obama’s Inauguration
January 18 2013 3:51 PM
Obama's second inauguration is brought to you by: Microsoft, AT&T, Southern Company ...
- Will Inauguration Dollars Fund Obama's Presidential Library?
January 18 2013 11:57 AM
President Barack Obama reversed a ban on corporate donors and upped contributions limits to fund his second inauguration. If there's a fundraising surplus, where will it go?
- Obama To Hill: Act Soon On Gun Violence
January 17 2013 10:46 AM
The Connecticut Post published President Obama's op-ed a day after he unveiled a new package of gun control proposals.
- Obama Gun Control Package; Over To You, Congress
January 16 2013 1:04 PM
The White House event, at which 23 executive orders were signed, included relatives of those killed last month at Sandy Hook Elementary School.