- NRA: Obama 'Elite Hypocrite' Because Daughters Have Secret Service Protection
January 16 2013 11:23 AM
In a new ad, the NRA is arguing that President Barack Obama cares about his own children more than the safety of the American people.
- Arizona Gov. Brewer, A Top Obamacare Critic, Agrees To Medicaid Expansion
January 15 2013 12:24 PM
Brewer, an outspoken Obama administration and ACA critic, said implementing the Medicaid expansion is the right financial decision for Arizona.
- US Military Suicides Hit Record High In '12, Surpass Combat Deaths
January 14 2013 5:01 PM
There were 349 suicides among active duty troops last year. For years, firearms have been the most frequent method of self-inflicted death.
- Obama To GOP: 'We Are Not A Deadbeat Nation'
January 14 2013 1:42 PM
The president chastised Republicans for holding the economy hostage and warned that Social Security and veterans checks could be interrupted.
- NRA: Gun Sales Up Due To Obama
January 14 2013 10:34 AM
NRA's David Keene: People are stocking up on guns and ammo because the possibility of new gun control laws is "scaring American gun owners."
- Six Arrested After Another Gang Rape In India
January 13 2013 1:39 PM
Only weeks after a New Delhi woman was killed in a brutal gang rape, Indian police report another woman was sexually assaulted after boarding a public bus.
- Michele Bachmann Accused Of Failing To Pay Presidential Campaign Staff
January 11 2013 11:39 AM
Five Iowa straw poll workers say their pay was withheld after they refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Biden Meeting With NRA, Wal-Mart Could Just Be For Show
January 10 2013 12:39 PM
The vice president is meeting with pro-gun groups and the retail giant -- one of the top firearms sellers in the U.S. -- to discuss ways to combat the epidemic of gun violence.
- Anti-Abortion States To Watch in 2013
January 09 2013 5:28 PM
Several states are already focusing on limiting women's reproductive choices in the first days of the New Year.
- New York Gov. Cuomo To Press For Stronger Gun Laws, Assault Weapons Ban
January 09 2013 11:32 AM
In his State of the State Address, Gov. Andrew Cuomo is expected to call for a complete ban on the sale and possession of assault weapons.
- New York Judge Calls 'Stop and Frisk' Searches Unconstitutional
January 08 2013 2:39 PM
A federal judge ruled police must have "reasonable suspicion" that an individual is engaged in criminal activity before stopping them.
- Gabby Giffords Launches Anti-NRA Lobby
January 08 2013 12:32 PM
The former congresswoman and her husband, Mark Kelly, have created a gun-control lobby intended to serve as the anti-NRA.
- Fiscal Cliff Talks Make Republicans Dislike Boehner
January 08 2013 11:17 AM
The Speaker of the House has been facing unrest among his fellow Republicans. Now, a poll shows a majority disapprove of him.
- Obama Is Getting Serious On Gun Control: Report
January 07 2013 4:39 PM
Sources say the Obama administration is prepared to take on the National Rifle Association.
- US Fiscal Cliff Deal Preserved 82 Percent Of Bush Income Tax Cuts
January 07 2013 12:12 PM
New top income tax rate of 39.6% only affects 0.7% of taxpayers, and only 18% of revenue from Bush tax cuts will be restored.
- Does Congress Have The Nerve To Limit NSA's Spying On You?
December 22 2012 6:59 PM
The FISA Amendments Act -- allowing the U.S. government to engage in warrantless wiretapping -- will likely be reauthorized before New Year's Day.
- All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Rejected 'Meet The Press' Invitation
December 17 2012 4:31 PM
All the senators rated A by the National Rifle Association shunned the chance to speak on the Newtown massacre.
- Will Obama Push For Renewal Of Assault-Weapons Ban?
December 14 2012 5:16 PM
U.S. President Barack Obama rarely talks about gun control. The latest massacre may change that.
- White House Desperately Needs To Lead On Secrecy Reform: Report
December 12 2012 5:40 PM
The federal government has an outdated and chaotic system for organizing secret national security information, the Public Interest Declassification Board reports.
- Carter Backs Marijuana Legalization, Calls Incarceration 'Out Of Control'
December 12 2012 10:45 AM
The Democrat told CNN too many lives have been ruined because of unnecessary marijuana arrests.