- Michigan Republicans Say Unborn Fetuses Deserve Tax Credit
November 21 2012 1:10 PM
Opponents say the bill is yet another example of "pro-life" Republicans valuing fetuses over living children.
- Virginia's Pregnant Prisoners Will No Longer Be Shackled During Childbirth
November 21 2012 7:07 AM
Yes, this actually happens in the United States.
- Medicaid Patients, Privately Insured Have Same Access To Health Care
November 20 2012 1:28 PM
The only real difference? Dental coverage.
- Republicans Urge Obama To Skip Susan Rice For Secretary Of State
November 19 2012 4:17 PM
In a letter to Obama Monday, almost 100 House Republicans said Rice intentionally misled Americans in the days after the Benghazi attack.
- In Ohio, 'War On Women' Is Far From Over
November 19 2012 3:29 PM
Ohio lawmakers are attempting to - once again - defund Planned Parenthood and pass the controversial Heartbeat Bill, while stalling sex education legislation.
- Allen West Lost By Even Wider Margin Than Suspected
November 19 2012 11:04 AM
Tea Party favorite West refuses to concede to Dem Murphy, despite a recount that showed he lost by a bigger margin than originally recorded.
- Why Do States Keep Trying To Execute Mentally Ill Prisoners?
November 17 2012 1:30 PM
Prisoners with conditions such as schizophrenia continue to be subject to possible lethal injection in some U.S. states.
- Across The US, It's Harder For Poor To Climb The Ladder
November 15 2012 12:15 PM
Wage inequality, the surge in investment income, and cuts to the social safety net are making it hard for low-income Americans to ascend.
- Supreme Court Could Strike Down Key Section Of Voting Rights Act
November 14 2012 1:41 PM
The law has been targeted plenty of times, but the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a case addressing the issue for the second time in three years.
- Could Texas Actually Secede From the United States?
November 13 2012 2:07 PM
The answer is: It’s possible. But as of now, it's extremely unlikely.
- Texans Are Talking Secession After Obama's Re-election
November 13 2012 8:51 AM
A petition calling for the state of Texas' secession from the United States has received more than 61,000 signatures.
- Bill Kristol: Raising Taxes On Rich Is Only Sane Option For GOP
November 12 2012 12:12 PM
The Weekly Standard editor said the congressional GOP leadership needs to stop “falling on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires."
- How Redistricting Was A Winner For Losing GOP
November 10 2012 1:35 PM
While the Republican Party has to broaden its appeal to have a future, it still controls more than half of the U.S. state legislatures.
- Women Were The Winners Of The 2012 Election
November 08 2012 4:08 PM
If there was actually a war on women during the 2012 election, it’s safe to say that women clearly won.
- Puerto Rico: The 51st State?
November 07 2012 3:00 PM
For the first time, a majority of Puerto Ricans have voted in favor of dropping their status as a U.S. territory to become state.
- An Older And Wiser Obama Wins Second Term
November 07 2012 7:27 AM
Obama, now a graying statesman, has come far from the youthful outsider who dared Americans to hope for real social/political change in 2008.
- House Election 2012: Joe Walsh Ousted; A Kennedy Returns To Congress
November 07 2012 12:40 AM
The House retained its Republican leadership, but the results of several races are still up in the air.
- Four More Years For President Obama
November 06 2012 11:34 PM
The 2012 campaign is officially over -- and President Barack Obama got four more years.
- Election Night 2012: What To Look For In Iowa
November 05 2012 9:28 PM
The state that launched Obama's presidency in 2008 is too close to call in 2012.
- Presidential Election 2012: What To Look For In Pennsylvania
November 05 2012 5:05 PM
While swing state Pennsyvania has gone Democratic in every pres election since 1988, this year President Obama barely has a solid lead.