Articles by Benjamin Reeves
- CAW And Detroit Three Reach Tentative Pact
September 27 2012 5:44 PM
The Canadian Auto Workers (CAW) reached an agreement with Chrysler Group LLC, Thursday. The agreement mirrored prior agreements with Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) and General Motors Company (NYSE: GM).
- Review: 2013 Nissan 370Z Roadster - Fun To Drive
September 26 2012 8:01 AM
In review, the 2013 Nissan 370Z Roadster Touring shines as a value-for-money sports car.
- Tesla Motors Opens 10 Stores To Push Its Model S
September 21 2012 11:44 AM
- Copper Prices Slip But Remain Near 4 1/2-Month High
September 17 2012 3:19 PM
London copper slipped on Monday, but still retained most of the previous session's steep climb to a 4-1/2 month top as a new round of U.S. monetary stimulus measures and a weak dollar continued to support prices.
- 2013 Mazda CX-5 Review: The Little Engine That Could Use Some Spices
September 12 2012 6:13 AM
The 2013 Mazda CX-5 crossover is an example of utilitarian design and great gas mileage, but it will leave car enthusiasts a bit wanting in the speed and handling departments.
- EU Market For Cars Backfires As VW Cuts Sales Guidance
September 10 2012 3:47 PM
Volkswagen AG (PINK: VLKAY) cuts its internal European 2012 annual sales guidance by 150,000 vehicles, according to German news magazine Der Spiegel, Reuters reported.
- Why GM Actually Is Getting Its Money's Worth From The Chevy Volt
September 10 2012 12:18 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) may be losing money on the Chevy Volt at present, but the long-term benefits of early R&D in electric vehicles, improvements to brand image and improving sales volumes should ultimately make it a wise decision for the company.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Automakers, Best Buy, AMR, Changi Airport, Nokia, General Motors
September 07 2012 8:39 PM
Each week, the IBTimes Money team picks the six biggest, most dramatic, or most compelling winners and losers in business. For the week of Sept. 3-7, the former include global automakers such as the Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), and the latter include the Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK).
- Electric Cars Drive Demand For Lithium; FMC, Rio Tinto, Rockwood Stand To Gain
September 07 2012 4:55 PM
Growing global demand for electric cars could drive demand for lithium up by as much as 20 percent per year, benefiting chemical and mining companies such as the FMC Corp. (NYSE: FMC), Rio Tinto PLC (NYSE: RIO) and Rockwood Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ROC), according to Standard & Poor's Capital IQ.
- Former General Motors Colombia Employee Brings Hunger Strike to CEO Akerson's Detroit Doorstep
September 07 2012 2:12 PM
The president of the Association of Injured Workers and Ex-Workers of General Motors Colombia, or Asotrecol, traveled to Detroit to continue the group's hunger strike and push for direct negotiation with General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) corporate management.
- General Motors Banking On Chinese Designed Chevy Sail To Push Indian Unit Out of Doldrums
September 06 2012 12:18 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) is hoping its Chinese designed Chevrolet Sail can push its struggling Indian unit out of a sales doldrums.
- US Car Sales Indicate Economic Recovery in August
September 04 2012 5:30 PM
Global carmakers reported robust sales growth in August, indicating improving consumer sentiment and demand by small businesses and contractors. Companies including Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) all reported major gains.
- US August Car Sales - Live Blog: Will Buyers' Love Of Trucks Trump Economic Fears?
September 04 2012 9:54 AM
Global automakers report August U.S. car sales, Tuesday. Follow the blog for the latest updates from Chrysler, Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM).
- Lamborghini Seeks Reinvention With Urus and Gallardo Successor
August 31 2012 11:38 AM
Lamborghini, a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW), may seek to reinvent itself as it plans a successor to the popular Gallardo and works to bring the Urus SUV concept to market.
- How To Drive Through Streets Flooded By Isaac And Why You Shouldn't
August 30 2012 12:18 PM
Flooded roads in the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac may pose a danger to drivers, but there are certain precautions they can take to ensure their safety in wet-weather driving conditions.
- Japan's Poop-Powered, Three-Wheeled Motorcycle Leaves Tracks Across Country
August 30 2012 6:15 AM
Japanese toilet company Toto Ltd. (Tokyo: 5332) debuted a poop-powered motorcycle, the Toilet Bike Neo, this week and toured it around the country.
- General Motors Courts Russian Market At Moscow Auto Show and With $1B Investment
August 29 2012 11:26 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) holding the European debuts of three vehicles at the Moscow International Motor Show on Wednesday, and a key member of the company's Russian management confirmed a $1 billion investment.
- New CAFE Fuel Economy Standards Raise Car Mileage to 55 MPG by 2025
August 28 2012 3:29 PM
The Obama Administration issued new Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards Tuesday, which raise the average mileage of the U.S. fleet to 54.5 mpg by 2025.
- Those Aren't Real! Victoria's Secret Selling Knockoffs: Lawsuit
August 28 2012 3:21 PM
Victoria's Secret has been selling knockoff hosiery, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by Zephyrs against parent company Limited Brands Inc. (NYSE: LTD)
- Ford Brings Lincoln To China To Resist Cadillac's Onslaught
August 28 2012 12:08 PM
Ford's Lincoln brand hasn't done well in the U.S. but the nation's No. 2 automaker aims for better luck in China where archrival GM gets a big share of the luxury car market with its Cadillac line.