Articles by Benjamin Reeves
- US August Car Sales - Live Blog: Will Buyers' Love Of Trucks Trump Economic Fears?
September 04 2012 9:54 AM
Global automakers report August U.S. car sales, Tuesday. Follow the blog for the latest updates from Chrysler, Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC), Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM).
- Lamborghini Seeks Reinvention With Urus and Gallardo Successor
August 31 2012 11:38 AM
Lamborghini, a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW), may seek to reinvent itself as it plans a successor to the popular Gallardo and works to bring the Urus SUV concept to market.
- How To Drive Through Streets Flooded By Isaac And Why You Shouldn't
August 30 2012 12:18 PM
Flooded roads in the aftermath of Hurricane Isaac may pose a danger to drivers, but there are certain precautions they can take to ensure their safety in wet-weather driving conditions.
- Japan's Poop-Powered, Three-Wheeled Motorcycle Leaves Tracks Across Country
August 30 2012 6:15 AM
Japanese toilet company Toto Ltd. (Tokyo: 5332) debuted a poop-powered motorcycle, the Toilet Bike Neo, this week and toured it around the country.
- General Motors Courts Russian Market At Moscow Auto Show and With $1B Investment
August 29 2012 11:26 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) holding the European debuts of three vehicles at the Moscow International Motor Show on Wednesday, and a key member of the company's Russian management confirmed a $1 billion investment.
- New CAFE Fuel Economy Standards Raise Car Mileage to 55 MPG by 2025
August 28 2012 3:29 PM
The Obama Administration issued new Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards Tuesday, which raise the average mileage of the U.S. fleet to 54.5 mpg by 2025.
- Those Aren't Real! Victoria's Secret Selling Knockoffs: Lawsuit
August 28 2012 3:21 PM
Victoria's Secret has been selling knockoff hosiery, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by Zephyrs against parent company Limited Brands Inc. (NYSE: LTD)
- Ford Brings Lincoln To China To Resist Cadillac's Onslaught
August 28 2012 12:08 PM
Ford's Lincoln brand hasn't done well in the U.S. but the nation's No. 2 automaker aims for better luck in China where archrival GM gets a big share of the luxury car market with its Cadillac line.
- Global Car Companies Hunt Big Game In Africa's Growing Automotive Market
August 25 2012 2:07 PM
Global automakers from Renault SA (Paris: RNO) to Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) to Chinese companies like Geely Automotive are all racing to get a piece of the long-term potential promised by Africa's burgeoning automotive market. The continent's economy is on the rise, and despite very real improvements in the quality of life and standards of living in many African countries, risks for multinational manufacturers remain.
- Money's Winners And Losers: NY Fed And AIG, Gawker Media, Eli Lilly, ZeekRewards, Best Buy, Fisker Automotive
August 24 2012 7:41 PM
Each week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most interesting winners and losers in money and business. Our picks for Aug. 19-24 include the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Eli Lilly & Co. on one side, and ZeekRewards and Best Buy Co. Inc. on the other side.
- Sudden Death Outside New York Stock Exchange [VIDEO]
August 24 2012 10:44 AM
A 70-year-old security worker for the exchange was hit by a truck while eating Chinese food outside and died on the sidewalk Thursday.
- Colombian Hunger Strikers Sew Mouths Shut To Protest Firing By General Motors
August 21 2012 5:20 PM
Thirteen former employees of General Motors' Colombian subsidiary are in the fourth week of a hunger strike outside of the U.S. Embassy in Bogota. They say GM fired them when they were injured on the job and has not provided medical care or pensions.