- Wanxiang Lifeline For A123 Faces Anti-China Backlash
August 10 2012 11:47 PM
Chinese conglomerate Wanxiang Qianchao Co. (Shanghai: 000559) is offering a $450 million lifeline to struggling battery manufacturer A123 Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: AONE), but the deal is facing right-wing opposition in the U.S.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Rentech, Goldman Sachs, NASA And Curiosity; Standard Chartered, Apple And Samsung, Social Security Administration
August 10 2012 9:29 PM
Each week, the International Business Times money team picks three winners and three losers. Our choices are made based upon the amount of money involved and how compelling, dramatic, or just generally interesting the story behind the money is.
- Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible Review: Tiger In the Dining Room
August 10 2012 8:58 AM
The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible embodies contradictions: British class and refinement contain the aggression and power of a tiger about to pounce. The Supersports Convertible strives to be perfect, and in most regards it is. Any review of a car of the Supersports Convertible's caliber has to focus on the details or limit itself to five short words: this is a great car.
- Renault Bets On Africa With Continent's Largest Automotive Factory
August 10 2012 6:17 AM
The Renault-Nissan Alliance headed by superstar CEO Carlos Ghosn is hoping to beat the crowds in the nascent African automotive market with the largest assembly plant on the continent.
- General Motors’ Akerson Wants Company To Stop Being A Dinosaur
August 09 2012 7:24 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) chairman and CEO Dan Akerson seems to think that it is finally time for the company to leave the 1970s and enter the 21st century. He also implied that it was time for the nation's largest automaker to stop being a dinosaur, according to the Detroit News.
- America's Wealthiest Drive The Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 328 And...Toyota Prius?
August 09 2012 6:24 AM
Keeping up with the Joneses can mean buying best-value vehicles for some of the wealthiest U.S. consumers.
- Supercars On the Road Less Traveled: From New York To Saratoga Springs In the Aston Martin V8 Vantage And 2013 Porsche Boxster S
August 08 2012 6:34 AM
A road trip from New York City to Saratoga Springs, New York in the Aston Martin V8 Vantage and 2013 Porsche Boxster S is a reminder that life's about the journey, not the destination.
- Why Bloomberg's Plan for More New York City Taxis Is Stupid
August 07 2012 12:46 PM
New York City's Bloomberg administration and the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission are embarking on a stupid plan to expand the taxi fleet as a way of plugging holes in the 2013 budget.
- GM Calls Spyker's $3B Saab Lawsuit 'Baseless'
August 06 2012 6:49 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) talked some smack at Dutch carmaker Spyker N.V. following its Monday announcement that it would sue GM for $3 billion over the bankruptcy of Saab Automobile AB.
- Need Some Valtrex? GM Sued for $3 Billion by Spyker Over Saab Bankruptcy
August 06 2012 12:47 PM
Like a bad case of herpes, the bankrupt Swedish automaker Saab Automobile AB just keeps flaring up in General Motors Company's (NYSE: GM) private dealings. Dutch supercar company Spyker N.V. announced Monday it was suing General Motors for $3 billion in damages on account of alleged interference in a 2011 transaction between Spyker (which owned Saab) and Chinese investor Youngman, a deal which Spyker alleges would have saved Saab if it had been successful.
- These Wildfires May Never Really Leave; They Just Go Underground To Flame Up Anytime
August 04 2012 2:20 PM
Peat fires, or underground blazes in the wake of wildfires, are an increasingly dangerous hazard globally and extremely expensive to contain for resource-challenged regions, as Michigan's Upper Peninsula is finding out.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Boeing, Gabby Douglas, LinkedIn, Facebook, Ford, GM, and Knight Capital
August 03 2012 7:47 PM
Each week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most captivating winners and losers in the world of money and business. Here are the winners and losers for July 29-Aug. 4.
- 2013 Porsche Boxster S Review: A Top Down Driver Fable for the Everyman
August 02 2012 12:28 PM
The 2013 Porsche Boxster S offers the most fun and best performance of any roadster for under $100,000.
- Free Gas From Shell For Southern Calif. Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Drivers
August 02 2012 9:41 AM
Massive oil and gas companies don't usually give away free gas, but Royal Dutch Shell Plc. (NYSE: RDS.A) will be making some Southern California drivers very happy, at least if they drive hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEV).
- Toyota July US Auto Sales Surge
August 01 2012 3:54 PM
Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales up 26.1 percent to 164,898 as the company continued to recover from last year's natural disasters.
- Japan's Car Companies Resurgent In July US Sales, Ford And GM Caught With Hands In 'Cookie Jar'
August 01 2012 3:51 PM
Japan's big three, Nissan, Toyota and Honda gained big in sales while Ford and GM had lackluster showings.
- Honda July US Car Sales Rise on Accord, Civic Demand
August 01 2012 2:52 PM
Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) reported on Wednesday July U.S. sales rose 45.3 percent to 116,944 as the Japanese automaker continues its robust recovery from last year's earthquake and tsunami in Japan and flooding in Thailand.
- Hyundai July US Car Sales Surge But Inventory Constrained
August 01 2012 2:30 PM
Hyundai Motor Co. (Seul: 005380) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales up 4 percent to 62,021 vehicles, the company's best July ever despite constrained inventory for the Korean automaker.
- Nissan July US Sales Surge On Demand for Altima
August 01 2012 1:23 PM
Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) reported on Wednesday U.S. July Car sales up 16.2 percent over the year before on strong demand for cars, particularly the Altima and Rogue models.
- Volkswagen July US Car Sales Up, But Jetta Demand Down
August 01 2012 12:40 PM
Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales rose 2.3 percent, the company's best July U.S. sales since 1973 during the hey-day of the VW Bus.