- General Motors Company July US Car Sales Plummet
August 01 2012 11:14 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) on Wednesday reported July U.S. car sales fell 6 percent compared with the year before as retail sales fell modestly and fleet sales plummeted.
- July US Car Sales: Chrysler Gains Big But Ford Struggles
August 01 2012 10:29 AM
July US car sales diverged for American manufacturers Ford and Chrysler, the first two carmakers to report sales for the month.
- Ford July US Car Sales Drop On Weak Fleet Sales
August 01 2012 9:55 AM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) reported U.S. July car sales were down 4 percent compared to the year before due to weak fleet sales.
- Chrysler Group July Car Sales Surge
August 01 2012 9:11 AM
Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of Italian Fiat SpA (Milan: F), reported its best July U.S. car sales since before the recession Wednesday.
- General Motors Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Opel Drags Margins, And EPS Down
August 01 2012 5:07 AM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) is expected to report profits down 51.7 percent for the second quarter of 2012 as the company continues to slog through an uphill battle to restructure its loss-making European Opel-Vauxhall unit and to sell through high levels of North American inventory.
- Cars, Cigars, Horses And Money: Conspicuous Consumption At The Saratoga Race Course
July 28 2012 1:21 PM
Big spending is alive and well at Saratoga, and it's part of why people keep coming back.
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage Review: A Road-Going Fighter Jet in a Tux
July 27 2012 2:11 PM
The 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage is the coolest car on the road, a fighter-jet dressed up in a tuxedo.
- Ford Recalls 485,000 Ford Escape SUVs for Unintended Acceleration
July 26 2012 4:42 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is recalling 485,000 model-year 2001 to 2004 Escape crossover SUVs, owing to a risk of unintended acceleration from stuck throttle pedals, according to the Detroit Free Press.
- Facebook Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Revenue Rises From Ads Despite Competition
July 24 2012 4:03 PM
Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB), the world's largest social networking platform, is expected to post a profit in its first quarter as a publicly traded company following revenue growth in the April-through-June period.
- Toyota Expands Canada Manufacturing As Hedge Against Strong Yen
July 24 2012 11:55 AM
Toyota Motor Corporation continues to shift production to North America to compensate for the strong value of the yen versus the dollar. The company announced a 30,000 vehicle manufacturing expansion in Canada, Tuesday.
- Ford Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Lower Profits Expected From European Troubles
July 23 2012 5:54 PM
Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) profits are expected to fall precipitously for the second quarter of 2012 compared to the same time last year, largely due to continued losses abroad, particularly in Europe.
- Tesla Motors Earnings Preview 2Q 2012: Few Cars in Quarter Mean Lower EPS
July 23 2012 4:08 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) is expected to report second quarter 2012 earnings sharply lower than the previous year as the company waits for revenue from the recently launched Model S and from a new partnership with Mercedes-Benz to have a positive impact later in the year.
- Car Wax And Forza 4: The Co-Branding Of Meguiar's And Turn 10 Studios
July 20 2012 6:22 AM
The relationship between Microsoft's Turn 10 studios and Meguiar's car care has proven to be a beneficial symbiosis for seemingly strange bedfellows in radically different industries.
- Honda Recalls More Than 300k 2012 CR-V, 2013 Acura ILX Cars Globally
July 19 2012 1:31 PM
Honda Motor Company (NYSE: HMC) is recalling 166,609 model year 2012 CR-V and 12013 Acura ILX vehicles in the U.S., a number which could swell to as many as 321,453 vehicles globally, according to Automotive News Thursday. Honda declined to comment on the price of the fix.
- German Nurburgring Racetrack Bankrupt, Owes €13M
July 18 2012 5:46 PM
The legendary German Nurburgring racetrack is bankrupt after pouring millions into an amusement park.
- Ford Expands India Production to Hike Exports to Asia Pacific, Africa
July 18 2012 3:30 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is making moves to expand production in India to feed a growing export market in the company's Asia Pacific and Africa region.
- Tesla Motors Gets Mixed Stock Ratings After Model S Delays
July 18 2012 12:57 PM
Tesla Motors Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) received mixed ratings from analysts on Wednesday as Wunderlich downgraded shares of the electric car manufacturer to sell while Jefferies Group and Maxim Group reaffirmed their buy rating on the company despite reports of delayed Model S deliveries.
- Will Obamacare Increase Your Taxes? For Some, Yes
July 18 2012 6:18 AM
Taxes may rise modestly for average Americans and more sharply for wealthier citizens as a result of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare.
- India's Tata Motors Aims For Brazil Expansion For Jaguar Land Rover
July 17 2012 9:26 AM
Tata Motors Ltd. (Bombay: 500570) is looking to its UK luxury car unit, Jaguar Land Rover, to drive global sales growth particularly in emerging markets like Brazil by shifting production of the Freelander out of the UK to free up assembly line space for the popular premium model, the Range Rover Evoque.
- Ford Recalls 2013 Escape Because Carpet Gets In The Way
July 16 2012 4:16 PM
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) joined Toyota in recalling cars because the carpeting got in the way. Ford is recalling 8,266 brand new 2013 Escape cars because the carpet can get in the way and make it hard to put on the brakes.