Articles by Benjamin Reeves
- US And Turkey Considering No-Fly Zone Over Syria
August 11 2012 3:18 PM
Turkey and the United States are launching a new working group to draft stronger measures, including a possible no-fly zone, in response to the deteriorating situation in Syria.
- Paul Ryan Noodles Catfish And Five Other Weird Facts About Mitt Romney’s VP
August 11 2012 1:50 PM
Rep. Ryan has some unusual, controversial and even downright weird hobbies and personal history to contend with. Here are six weird facts to know about Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's vice presidential running mate.
- Five Paul Ryan Positions Americans May Love
August 11 2012 12:31 PM
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney selected Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin as his vice presidential running mate Saturday, and while the fresh-faced number-two man can be a divisive figure, he has some positions that conservative Americans, as well as some moderates and liberals, may love.
- Five Paul Ryan Positions Americans May Hate
August 11 2012 11:08 AM
By picking Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin as his running mate Saturday, Mitt Romney signaled that he was trying to put a fresh face on his campaign for his core demographic of conservative voters. But Ryan comes with some positions that many moderate or liberal voters may hate, and even some conservatives too.
- Wanxiang Lifeline For A123 Faces Anti-China Backlash
August 10 2012 11:47 PM
Chinese conglomerate Wanxiang Qianchao Co. (Shanghai: 000559) is offering a $450 million lifeline to struggling battery manufacturer A123 Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: AONE), but the deal is facing right-wing opposition in the U.S.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Rentech, Goldman Sachs, NASA And Curiosity; Standard Chartered, Apple And Samsung, Social Security Administration
August 10 2012 9:29 PM
Each week, the International Business Times money team picks three winners and three losers. Our choices are made based upon the amount of money involved and how compelling, dramatic, or just generally interesting the story behind the money is.
- Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible Review: Tiger In the Dining Room
August 10 2012 8:58 AM
The Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible embodies contradictions: British class and refinement contain the aggression and power of a tiger about to pounce. The Supersports Convertible strives to be perfect, and in most regards it is. Any review of a car of the Supersports Convertible's caliber has to focus on the details or limit itself to five short words: this is a great car.
- Renault Bets On Africa With Continent's Largest Automotive Factory
August 10 2012 6:17 AM
The Renault-Nissan Alliance headed by superstar CEO Carlos Ghosn is hoping to beat the crowds in the nascent African automotive market with the largest assembly plant on the continent.
- General Motors’ Akerson Wants Company To Stop Being A Dinosaur
August 09 2012 7:24 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) chairman and CEO Dan Akerson seems to think that it is finally time for the company to leave the 1970s and enter the 21st century. He also implied that it was time for the nation's largest automaker to stop being a dinosaur, according to the Detroit News.
- America's Wealthiest Drive The Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 328 And...Toyota Prius?
August 09 2012 6:24 AM
Keeping up with the Joneses can mean buying best-value vehicles for some of the wealthiest U.S. consumers.
- Supercars On the Road Less Traveled: From New York To Saratoga Springs In the Aston Martin V8 Vantage And 2013 Porsche Boxster S
August 08 2012 6:34 AM
A road trip from New York City to Saratoga Springs, New York in the Aston Martin V8 Vantage and 2013 Porsche Boxster S is a reminder that life's about the journey, not the destination.
- Why Bloomberg's Plan for More New York City Taxis Is Stupid
August 07 2012 12:46 PM
New York City's Bloomberg administration and the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission are embarking on a stupid plan to expand the taxi fleet as a way of plugging holes in the 2013 budget.