Articles by Benjamin Reeves
- GM Calls Spyker's $3B Saab Lawsuit 'Baseless'
August 06 2012 6:49 PM
General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) talked some smack at Dutch carmaker Spyker N.V. following its Monday announcement that it would sue GM for $3 billion over the bankruptcy of Saab Automobile AB.
- Need Some Valtrex? GM Sued for $3 Billion by Spyker Over Saab Bankruptcy
August 06 2012 12:47 PM
Like a bad case of herpes, the bankrupt Swedish automaker Saab Automobile AB just keeps flaring up in General Motors Company's (NYSE: GM) private dealings. Dutch supercar company Spyker N.V. announced Monday it was suing General Motors for $3 billion in damages on account of alleged interference in a 2011 transaction between Spyker (which owned Saab) and Chinese investor Youngman, a deal which Spyker alleges would have saved Saab if it had been successful.
- These Wildfires May Never Really Leave; They Just Go Underground To Flame Up Anytime
August 04 2012 2:20 PM
Peat fires, or underground blazes in the wake of wildfires, are an increasingly dangerous hazard globally and extremely expensive to contain for resource-challenged regions, as Michigan's Upper Peninsula is finding out.
- Money's Winners And Losers: Boeing, Gabby Douglas, LinkedIn, Facebook, Ford, GM, and Knight Capital
August 03 2012 7:47 PM
Each week, we pick the biggest, most dramatic, or most captivating winners and losers in the world of money and business. Here are the winners and losers for July 29-Aug. 4.
- 2013 Porsche Boxster S Review: A Top Down Driver Fable for the Everyman
August 02 2012 12:28 PM
The 2013 Porsche Boxster S offers the most fun and best performance of any roadster for under $100,000.
- Free Gas From Shell For Southern Calif. Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Drivers
August 02 2012 9:41 AM
Massive oil and gas companies don't usually give away free gas, but Royal Dutch Shell Plc. (NYSE: RDS.A) will be making some Southern California drivers very happy, at least if they drive hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicles (FCEV).
- Toyota July US Auto Sales Surge
August 01 2012 3:54 PM
Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales up 26.1 percent to 164,898 as the company continued to recover from last year's natural disasters.
- Japan's Car Companies Resurgent In July US Sales, Ford And GM Caught With Hands In 'Cookie Jar'
August 01 2012 3:51 PM
Japan's big three, Nissan, Toyota and Honda gained big in sales while Ford and GM had lackluster showings.
- Honda July US Car Sales Rise on Accord, Civic Demand
August 01 2012 2:52 PM
Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) reported on Wednesday July U.S. sales rose 45.3 percent to 116,944 as the Japanese automaker continues its robust recovery from last year's earthquake and tsunami in Japan and flooding in Thailand.
- Hyundai July US Car Sales Surge But Inventory Constrained
August 01 2012 2:30 PM
Hyundai Motor Co. (Seul: 005380) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales up 4 percent to 62,021 vehicles, the company's best July ever despite constrained inventory for the Korean automaker.
- Nissan July US Sales Surge On Demand for Altima
August 01 2012 1:23 PM
Nissan Motor Co. (Tokyo: 7201) reported on Wednesday U.S. July Car sales up 16.2 percent over the year before on strong demand for cars, particularly the Altima and Rogue models.
- Volkswagen July US Car Sales Up, But Jetta Demand Down
August 01 2012 12:40 PM
Volkswagen AG (Frankfurt: VOW) reported on Wednesday July U.S. car sales rose 2.3 percent, the company's best July U.S. sales since 1973 during the hey-day of the VW Bus.